FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest Anti Depressant?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Anti Depressant?
    Posted: 11 September 2008 at 4:02pm
My doctor is looking at putting me on an anti depressant. I have been reluctant in the past because of the side effects ie weight gain etc. Are there better ones than others? How long does it take to start feeling better once taking them? How did your life improve with them? I'm also interested in energy levels, did they increase for you?
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 4:16pm
It all depends on the individual as to which is best and what dose u need, and also what benifits and side effects u get from them.

It usually takes at least 2-3 weeks to feel the benifits, but some people start to feel better earlier, and some take longer,..also depends on the med u are put on too.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 8:42pm
They are all different and the side effects are different for everyone - 10 people might take fluox and 10 people have diff side effects if you get my drift.
Best share your fears with your gp. And, if one has side effects you don't like, dosen't mean others will do the same.
Personally, I have found them to not only be a marriage saver, but a life saver as well. Big hugs, chick.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 7:50am
ditto what other's have said I have tried a few that somepeople have no trouble wit hand they were bad for me a vise versa so do some research and talk to your doc.
Deborah Mum to:

Post Reply Post Reply