FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhos got PND or PTSD?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 2:01pm
Isla was 8 months old before I was diagnosed with ptsd and pnd- things got worse and worse when she was a year old- we moved towns just after her first birthday (oct 07),. at the end of Jan 08 I was at my lowest point, and ended up on the Pysch ward at the hospital after attemping to kill myself.

Have spent this whole year recovering,..and Im now doing GREAT!! Hoping to start work soon- have an interview next Thurs, yay!
There is hope guys,..you WILL get better!
Sponsored Links

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 2:14pm
oops, my bad. you are very right tho kellz! you gotta listen to people. my thing is i have been down that road too many times & knew i didn't wanna harm my babies. i almost got to the point with V where i was almost harming him. no one ever really knew & wouldn't surprise me if i had a bit of PND then but i got over it. at that point i didn't think i could be depressed or anything. Kellz, i'm so pleased to hear you are feeling way better now. Yay for the job interview too hun. that's so exciting. normality...

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 3:42pm
I'm still BF and on the ADs. I'm taking Citalopram and it seems to be doing the trick for me. Reminds me I need to see my GP next month for some more)

I've said it before, but I find being tired inflates everything and makes it harder to deal with everything else going on (and who isn't tired with a little littley?) I think that some people who haven't been exposed to drepression in any form often have misconceptions about how people are/act when they are living with drepression. Personally I've never had the inclination to harm myself (i'm too much of a wuss) or Blair, but I found myself checking too many boxes of the 'check list' of signs that may indicate PND. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and becoming a Parent are huge changes in our lives, that impact on us emotionally, mentally and physically, and I think sometimes we (read I) don't recognise that enough and give ourselves (myself) enough recognition for what we have been thru.

You are all amazing woman, doing a wonderful job and don't you forget it!!!!!

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 3:45pm
Yeah I agree about recognising the impact that becoming parents has on us.
Totally sleep deprivation is a major trigger for me,...I didnt realise til I actually got some sleep, then I could see the difference when Isla had a worse night and how it effected me and my mood.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 9:17pm
definately agree lack of sleep doesnt help but sometimes its hard to catch up u no. had a call from the netal health lady & she wants me ti take ad's, thinks i'm just in that 6 week transitional stage.... have to stay under my gp for now, so no support coming apart from the pills. hope they work!

mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Kellz Kellz wrote:

I managed to totally believe that Isla would be so much better off without me,..in the end I beleived I was punishing her by being her mother, and making her suffer and I needed to let her be free of me and she could be happy,...when people told me this wasnt tru I really could not see how it wasnt tru.

Hey thats exactly what I ws saying to my Dh last night! Its not like Im special to Charli. Well other than the breastfeeding. I think thats why its so dam important to me (BFing that is). Cuz I was shown from day one that I wasn't needed to look after Charli, that she could get everything form everyone else. But breastfeeding? That's just my thing. Much as my mum tries she cant do that!

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 10:30pm
Kellz you must be so excited about your interview! What did you end up saying about your PND? Obviously it didnt effect anything as you got an interview well done! you deserve a:

Ive been writing a blog (if anyone wants a read : http://heavenandhell-myjourney.blogspot.com/) and looking back its no wonder my MW thought I was nuts. I remember this one time Charli was asleep in her bassinet next to me, not making a noise, but I could hear her screaming and crying and screaming and crying, getting louder and louder and it wouldnt stop...I thought the only way to stop it was to throw her down the stairs.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking back now Im like OMFG I cant believe I thought that! (I didnt throw her by the way, I just moved her bassinet way away from my bedroom an went back to sleep).

Today was good though. We went out last night and I acutally missed her! This was definitely a first! So something must be going right

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 10:36pm
you guys are so right about the tiredness too. Since starting our new BFIng plan (doing top ups so I'm not constantly feeding and waking 5 times a night) Ive had more sleep and even managed to look after bubs while I had a cold and didn't feel too bad while doing it! Ive had a few good days actually

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2008 at 5:37pm
wel done hun! that is so good that you managed a good sleep.

Started my ad's yesterday, didnt notice a difference yesterday but this am i felt lik emy head was so heavy it was going to fall off! i was struggling to hold it up! tiredness.... Felt like that last night as we were out, but not yesterday am. will have to keep an eye on it. Apparently a side effect can be drowsiness....

Had a sleep this avo as i was so tired, not feeling too much better. Had a good day yesterday, but in saying htat i was out when V went to bed at night. Did almost loose it this avo when D woke after half an hour sleep. Luckily he went back off as i needed more sleep.

Usually takes a few weeks to kick in aye? i hope it's sooner rather than later as we go to welly in 2 weeks!

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2008 at 7:00pm
Usually takes 2-4 weeks. Some drugs are different- Venalfaxine/Efexor takes 2 months
Are you taking them at night? When I swtiched to taking them at night it made a heap of difference to how tired, low energy and yuk I felt in the day.

Amelia-good on you for sorting out a fedding plan thats gonna help u get more rest. Yay for going out too, its really god to have some 'you' time. Hope u did something nice!

I havent told my future employer about the pnd yet, cos it didnt really fit into the questions that were asked on the application, and I think I will be able to explain better in person at the interview how Im doing now, that what I could write in a line or 2 on the application form,..Im much better at talking than writting too! Lol!
Having my hair done on Wed so at least that will look decent for the interview. So dont have anything to wear tho, which is a bit of a bother. So cant afford anything either. Cant wear jandles

ETa- had to fix some shocking spelling!

Edited by Kellz
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:25am
having your hair done will be so nice kellz! you will feel so good! I am taking my tablets in the am coz that's what it says to do? will see how i go over next few days

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:30am
Hopefully you improve soon, but if not youc couls ring and check with your dr if it ok to take them at night. I had the worst problem with Venalfaxine, and I know with that it is advised to take at night. In the end I was on triple dose and it had to be spilt into 2 sperate doses,..but even then I had to take one at dinner time and one before bed or I was so drowsy and yuk.

Yeah cant wait to get my hair done- getting whole new style- with a fringe,..eek! Bit scary,..hope it looks good,...Im waiting to have a skin cancer removed from my forehead in the next 2 weeks, so getting the fringe to hide the scar I will soon have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 11:18am
skin cancer kellz???!!! woah! yay about the hair itll make you feel heaps better Im sure. And all professional and ready for your interview!

chonny I talked to my doc about swapping to the AD that youre on but decided against it cuz yea it can make ya really drowsy. Im thinking about swapping ADs to night time as well cuz Im sooo drowsy during the day but cant sleep at night!

Argh todays gonna be a bad day I can tell...I woke up really angry at CHarli-Rose for some reason...like "argh why do you always need my boobies!!!" Thankgod she takes a bottle. I made DH feed her. But now my supply will be down and Ill feel guilty about it later...oh well hopefully the day gets better!

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 11:29am
Try and do somehting nice that will turn it into a good day instead,...think about somehting taht will make u happy and make the effort to do it. Even if its egtting dressed and walking tot he letterbox, or around the block or whatever. It doesnt have to be a bad day.
I am so good at letting one little thing ruin the whole day/whole weekend/ week etc, when I really just need to sit, breathe and realise it doesnt have to ruin anything
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 12:06pm
big hugs mummytobesep08. Hope you manage to make it a better day.

My Dr said that if i was getting side effects to drop from half a tab to quarter for a week, then half for a week then three quarters for a week the full. She said it will take longer, but at least it won't be giving up. I think i am going to have to as i am REALLY tired again. Was a rough night last night but this is not just general tiredness, it's i yawn & struggle BIG time to keep my eyes open!

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 12:23pm
Did you ask about talking them at night? I know what u mean about it not being just normal tiredness,..its like your brain is foggy and u body cant move right.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 12:38pm
that's exactly how i would describe it kellz. :) no, i haven't spoken to gp. this is just what she said to me before i got them. will try taking a quarter pill next couple of days & see if it makes a difference. if no difference will ask bout taking them at night

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 12:46pm
I hope something helps soon, its horrible feeling like that
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 1:03pm
it's scary! espesh carrying little ones

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:00pm
hows the drowsiness today chonny?

well I did my best today and thats all I could do I think. Charli is sick so its been pretty intense. Im quite worried about tonight though.

I miiiiiiiight ring this councellor lady tomorrow...Ive been meaning to for ages but haven't 'found the time' (which really means haven't had the guts to lol). Now ive said it on here it means Ive got to haha!!!

whens the interview Kellz?

Hey what do you guys think about making this a sticky topic? we seem quite chatty i dont know how to go about it though

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>