FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPND/Depression 2 Years On

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
midnight_sakura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnight_sakura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PND/Depression 2 Years On
    Posted: 05 January 2009 at 5:08pm
Is it just me or is anyone else still suffering from PND almost 2 years on? I feel like i cant cope and am the worst mom in the world.
Sponsored Links

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 5:30pm
I can't say that I know what you mean, because Chloe is only 11 months old... but hugs Are you doing anything to treat the PND, meds and/or counsellor or anything? I have no idea how long it lasts for but I suspect it's different for everyone. I certainly still have down times a lot but in general I think I'm managing better on meds and stuff.

Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
midnight_sakura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnight_sakura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 9:04am
im on meds, but i spend a lot of time in a down mood and cant find any enjoyment in anything even my DD. Its driving me mad, as i see everyone else enjoying being a mom
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 1:25am

Yep, I went on for a few years and another baby and although I am preg again and feeling a lot better I still have really rough days and I think I still grieve the time that I "missed" when the girls were young.  I was lucky enough to get onto the waiting list  for MMH in christchurch at PMH and have an assesment appoitment this month because I don't want to end up back down so low again.

Maybe you need to to get your meds looked at, you hay have hit a plateau and need something extra or different?

I hope things get better for you soon as it is nice to see things in colour again and have more good days than bad - its a great feeling!!!

Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 2:01pm
Agree with Kezplanet, maybe you should talk to your GP or something and see if you can get your meds adjusted? Or see if they can suggest a counsellor or something? It sucks when you just can't enjoy being a Mum, especially when it seems like everyone around you is just loving it every second (which they never are, but still - it's nice to be able to have days where you enjoy being a Mum).

I hope things get better for you.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
 Post Reply Post Reply