FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSo here I am

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So here I am
    Posted: 04 March 2009 at 6:28pm
Maybe a little late to the party, but I've finally stopped living in denial and trying to be super-mum.

Things have been pretty hard for quite a while and I've been on a downward spiral over the last month or two. So off I went to the doc complaining of extreme exhaustion/tiredness... she asked lots of questions and diagnosed me with moderate depression/PND. I'm now on meds, citalopram (if anyone has taken it before I'd appreciate hearing your experience) starting with half a tablet then moving up to one. I had today off work for stress leave cos it was all a bit much. I feel so much better now though knowing that it is something, I'm not just making it up or being lazy, and that it can be made better. I just want to feel normal!!

So yeah that's me.

Oh and go Auckland DHB for making all my doctor's appointments free! Awesome...
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Sponsored Links

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 7:07pm
Hugs Liz You really have been super-mum with all the commitments you have. I'm glad that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you now though.
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 8:27pm
I've PM'd you

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 8:23am
to you.. i know the feeling and I'm so glad you are doing a bit better and have some answers..
Mum to two amazing boys!
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 10:38am

aww huge hugs Liz Good on you for going to see the Drs, I hope the meds work fast for you.  You are sooo not lazy!! Lots of loves from me and the boys, take care of yourself!!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 10:45am
Thanks guys

KA, thinking of you

I'm having a pretty rough day today. Please tell me it gets better
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 5:14pm
I've been on citilopram for about 10 months now and have found that it is working for me.

It's never easy to stick your hand up and say hey I think I need help. (Well done for taking that step) Like you I was living in denial for a while until I realised that getting myself right was going to be beneficial all round.

I'm sure you've been told it all, but to reiterate, the drugs can take a wee while to kick in, don't be tempted to stop taking them as soon as you have a couple of good days, don't try to be too hard on yourself (somedays easier said than done), sometimes 'me time' (even just sitting with your feet up for 30 minutes) is more important than rushing around picking up after the trail of destruction left behind by your little one, try to take things one day at a time.

If you have more questions, or ever just was to rant and rave, feel free to PM me, or come join the PTSD/PND thread that exists

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 7:21pm
have pm'd you too
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 8:51pm
Welcome to the club, you have to be pretty special to be a member

Big hugs from here.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply