FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOlder mums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 12:18pm
Well I'm not sure I have any tips but this is what I did......it might help you!

I went off the pill a year ago and started charting my fertility so that has been really helpful - got to know my body pretty well in that time. To be honest my lifestyle while trying to conceive wasn't exactly role model like, I ov the week of my wedding and I had my best mate staying with me and we drank wine, ate bad food, stayed up late talking and I was busy and stressed - the exact things you aren't supposed to do or be! We wern't really trying hard to conceive, I had it in my mind that I'd be going back to see my Dr in November to get some test done!
I did get myself down to a healthy BMI (was always within it but at the higher end of the scale) but that was for my wedding more than the baby thing! I try to eat healthy, LOVE broccoli and all veges, eat a healthy breakfast every morning and I drink loads of water (at the moment about 3 + litres a day) but normally at least 2 litres a day. And I keep active as well, lots of walking. But really I think its just luck? I've heard of people having no problems the first time around and then struggle for number 2 so who know what the future has in store for us. Good luck happygal, you will get your BFP really soon
Sponsored Links

Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 1:58pm
Thanks Mrs Hopeful, really hope I will get a BFP this month, will keep you posted, cheers for the tips too.. Im pretty much being healthy, eating well, drinking lots of water, gym/pilates - even drinking that Fertility tea every day too, lol.. Got to try everything.. Good luck in your pregnancy! You are due a day before my birthday
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 2:00pm
Good luck to you too Mizpic...
vicki35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicki35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 2:04pm
Congrats mrshopeful! How in the world do you drink 2-3 litres of water a day?? I struggle to get a few glasses down!

I have my fingers crossed for you Happygal, not long to go now! Keep those positive vibes going What's in the fertility tea?
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 2:11pm
Good luck to all you lovely ladies, funny at 36 I don't feel 'older' well some days I feel like I'm 80 but most days I feel like I'm 25.

Congrats Mrs Hopeful

Whats in the fertility tea?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 2:13pm
Oh yeah sorry, I forgot the tips for getting pg!
For me didnt go over board, but did temp and chart religiously the month I conceived. BD'd lots around the right time (at least once per day if we could manage it!) I took my multi vitamin, and doubled up on the evening primrose/fish oil I was taking as it's supposed to help CM. I drank grapefruit juice before OV for CM and pineapple juice after for implantation. Otherwise that's it.
As for stress reducing conception rate, I dont think that holds as both DP and I had terrible stressful things around that time, me with work and him with family!
Good luck and enjoy the BDing!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 2:16pm
According to what I've read stress doesn't have any impact on conception, what is usually does is effect bding. Especially work stress, I'm hanging out for Christmas, DH is taking a month off and me 2 weeks and we'll be away so lots of time to bd and FX we get a BFP.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 2:30pm
geez Mrsg1
the only stress relief we had was the BDing!
Dont do it that much normally!
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 3:18pm
You can buy the Fertiltea online from Baby for you, it has chasteberry, red raspberry, peppermint etc, its quite nice, been to be really good for conceiving.. Will keep taking it, Im taking Elevit too and evening primrose oil!!
tarns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 5:08pm
I might give that tea a go I reckon Happygal
Buttersmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 9:18am
Originally posted by mizpix mizpix wrote:

geez Mrsg1

hahaha I was getting moaned at this morning that the only reason DF has been getting heaps this month is cause we are trying to make babies...............he reckons when I get UTD he'll be on his own again   Poor boy feels so used

my little blobby April 09 "gone but will never be forgotten xx"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 9:54am
Hmmmm, must admit right now bd'ing is the LAST thing I feel like doing!! But of course was all up for it while we were trying to conceive. My poor boy, how mean of me. I'll get him in the sack early one night this week and see what we can do
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:15am
haha Buttersmum, my DH was joking like that too.. Poor boys huh!

So Mrs Hopeful, did you get any pregnancy symptoms before you got your BFP? Im getting nervous and excited about when I have to test...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 11:06am
Yeah I did get a few - nothing that gave it away though?
I was spotting about 3 days before my AF which is totally normal for me so thought AF was on her way. But then it disappeared so kind of thought that was odd. My temp stayed up as well so that wa also good indication. My boobs hurt, but they usually do anyway and I had my normal AF cramps as well, keep running off to the loo with tampon in hand but it was never there! I had a wee bit of heart burn, incredibly emotional and a smidge irritable.....again, poor DH! I did two pg tests, both negative but got my positive on 20 dpo. Basically my symptons were exactly the same as I would get just before my AF so its quite confusing. Now I feel seedy, my boobs hurt and I have some heart burn. And I'm hungry all the time and my clothes feel snugger already - gulp.
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 2:38pm
Cool, thanks for that Mrs Hopeful..... Just so I know what to look out for hopefully soon!!
mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Buttersmum Buttersmum wrote:

Originally posted by mizpix mizpix wrote:

geez Mrsg1

hahaha I was getting moaned at this morning that the only reason DF has been getting heaps this month is cause we are trying to make babies...............he reckons when I get UTD he'll be on his own again   Poor boy feels so used

Yeah it was a bit that way with me, frequency def dropped away once I got my BFP, but seems to be back to normal now. DP is quite persistent, and as we dont live together, so only see eachother a few nights a week, then we tend to make the most of the time we are together
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:01pm
mrshopeful how soon did you became really hungry?

in the last couple of days i have been hungry ALL the time (even the girls at work have noticed!) and my boobs have been tender (may be because AF is on its way)

Sprackleberries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sprackleberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 9:59am
He he you all crack me up - but I have baited breath and fingers crossed for you! How exciting! I have an unused/unopened/still shrinkwrapped pregnancy kit that I am not intending to ever need again. If one of you girls want it - email me your postal addy. It's a "QuickCard One step Pregnancy test - results in 60 secs, over 99% accurate." 3 test pack.

First in first served! All my friends are past the age of wanting to try again! Gasp!

Have a great day!

Sprackles :-)

vicki35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicki35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 10:58am
Hi everyone. Well we finally plucked up the courage to test this morning. I was so nervous. Peed on the stick and it immediately gave me a BFP!! Arrrgh, I'm in complete shock!
Sprackleberries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sprackleberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 12:59pm
HI Vicki35! Pardon my ignorance but what is a BFP???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>