FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOlder mums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 5:56pm
ahhhhh FX bigtime for you caliandjack!!!!
Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:15am
bumpity bump - I got my BFP a week ago now. Very exciting now that I am UTD, the 12 months it took to get there doesn't seem that much for a 36 year old.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 6:47pm
Hey Caliandjack, just realised you used to be mrsg1!! was wondering how you were getting on and thought you hadnt posted for awhile, like the new name ... Big congrats again on your BFP!! We have been trying about 13 months now.... Started IUI this week, so really hoping, as its getting harder each month
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2010 at 2:31pm
A question for those that have more than one child- did you find it easy to conceive the 2nd? I am 35, probably won't start TTC until I'm 36. It took 7 months to get pregnant with our 1st child (she is now 1) and am worried that it might take the same amount of time (or longer) 2nd time around.
gmunster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmunster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2010 at 8:02pm

Jano - it took over 2 years for us to get pregnant with the first who is now 9 months old and I am pregnant with the 2nd - so it was definitely shorter for us the 2nd time round but I don't know if this is the norm or not.

freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2010 at 8:09am
Jano - I was 21 and 33 when I had my kids and both times got preg so easily... I'm 35 now and been ttc for over a year I think it's one of those that are pretty hard to plan
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
tarns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 9:10am
Jano....I was 35 for DS and ttc 9 months for him and we have not been preventing since he was born and actively trying for number 2 so far 10 months...to no avail...

ETA DS will be 2 in June

Edited by tarns
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 9:26am
Thanks for the info ladies, looks like we might be waiting for a bit when we TTC.Hopefully not too long
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 3:48pm
Jano- I am now pg with our second bubba and it was the result of a not trying/not preventing approach! We only did that for 2-3 months really and weren't really charting or anything and certainly weren't this month when we concieved...so I am feeling very blessed it didn't take long. FX now it's a sticky baby!!  We didn't want it to take as long as it took as to get our first but yeah we were very suprised it happened so quickly! Like Freckle says, it's one of the unknowns. I'm glad we didn't wait too long tho as I just turned 36 the day before our BFP

natnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 9:26pm
Hello all
My first time to this site. I am 39 and 12 weeks with my first, DD Oct 19 after one cycle of IVF. Me and hubby are just thrilled as we never thought it could happen, especially with a threatened mc early on. I haven't even thought about the age but realise I am an older mum to be! Looking forward to reading and learning more. BTW my belly has just popped over the last week. We dont want to tell anyone until after Tri1 but I am SO showing!
MARY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 12:37pm
Jano, we conceived both our children first time around! I was 33 when we conceived our daughter, and then 36 when we conceived our son (and seriously we weren't trying, just had one "accident" that month) ... statistics about maternal age and conceiving, I think they're just "averages" -- everyone is different -- just like every pregnancy is different.
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 7:29pm
Hey natnic, congrats that is awesome.. I am also 39 and hubby and I are trying for first. Doing IUI at the moment, onto the 2nd cycle, really hoping for some good news, we have been trying for about 2 years now..
natnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2010 at 12:02pm
Hi there Happygal. I wish you and your man all the best and hope you have some good news soon ... I know plenty of women my age who got pregnant in the 3rd cycle so we feel extremely blessed. Keep positive and I look forward to hearing how you are doing/
Cheerio,
Tracie
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:42am
thanks Natnic, will keep you posted on how I get one, really hoping its going to happen soon! Just have to stay positive!! Seems to be alot of us this age trying for first baby, good things come to those who wait huh!!
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 4:12pm
I thought I would bump this thread, there may be some other 'older' mums around that might like to share their stories.

We are putting off TTC for another month or so, I'm struggling with life a bit at the moment. I ended up at my doctors yesterday and broke down, I've turned into someone I dont even like. Emotional, irritable and angry at the world and my poor husband is taking the brunt of it all. My doctor has asked me to take a few more months out before we try again (supposed to start this month) and I need to spend some time sorting myself out. We have only been married for 9 months and experienced 3 m/c in this time - I feel totally ripped off. Most couples say the 1st year of marriage is the best. Ours has been full of heart break. My head is crazy to say the least - I hate some of the negative thoughts going on in there.
So we are going to see a counceller and I will take a few more months out - I am happy to wait, almost feel a bit relieved......but on the other hand I hate watching each month pass by without trying. When you are 37 it feels like every month is so precious. Its so weird - I am so desperate to be a Mum but the thought of trying again is just so scary. I am scared of falling pregnant and miscarrying and having to go through this all over again. Or worst of all, not being able to conceive again. I've gone back and read some of the earlier posts on here, I was so relaxed and happy back in September around our wedding and when we started trying - I so badly want to be back in that head space. I'm way too consumed with this now - hard to know what to do to forget about it for awhile. I wasn't sure where to post this....figured this was as good a place as any.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 5:56pm
For what its worth I found the 1st year of marriage a real challenge, and DH and I had lived together for 7 years already by then.

I consider myself lucky to be expecting our child, at 37 she may well be our one and only.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 7:42pm
Hey I havent been on for ages! Oh Mrs Hopeful so sorry to hear what you have been through, that is just really awful. I think the counsellor sounds like a good idea, would help to talk to someone professional and it might do you the world of good. Hope things get abit easier for you...

CaliandJack, so great to see how well you are doing, time has gone quick, bet you are just so happy

Well we did our first IVF cycle in May and was a BFN, so we were pretty gutted...But feeling alot more positive now and trying next IVF cycle in September, so really hoping it works!! You get a free counselling session at FA, so Im going to go along next week, think this journey takes its toll sometimes and really helps to talk to someone!!

Stay positive girls, all us older mums will get our BFP's eventually!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 7:43pm
Its all going well, there are a couple of older mum in my due date thread and they're first timers as well.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 4:22pm
Hi Happygal, I'm really sorry about your BFN but fingers crossed that you have some luck with your next cycle. I have been following you to see how you go.....if that is ok??!!
Yes, been a tough old time for us of late but I am feeling a whole lot more positive about life now. I'm not charting anymore, decided to throw away my thermometer and stop worrying about it so much. I've got a pretty good idea when I ov so that will do. This journey definitely a hard one - I'm sure we will all end up with our BFP's before too long. Good luck for your next cycle - everything is crossed for you!
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 6:29pm
Hey thanks Mrs Hopeful, actually I followed you awhile back too, was just hoping so much it would all work out for you!! Im sure it will soon and all this heartache will be a distant memory!! Its hard when you just want to relax and enjoy married life. We got married over a year ago, never thought I would be doing IVF now... Its funny what challenges life throws us at huh. Im glad you are feeling more positive.. Yes we are feeling really positive for this next cycle, might try acupunture too, apparently its meant to be good... Fingers crossed both of us will have some good news soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>