FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Planning 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Planning 2006
    Posted: 23 May 2006 at 11:48am
Hi all

I am new to this site and just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who is hoping/planning for a baby this year. Hi to those who know me from other discussion webs! Found this website and thought it would provide some great tips and tricks as well as some support for this exciting and scary journey that we are about to embark on.

We are getting married in July and thought that it would be a good time to throw away the Pill and see if we can get pregnant before the year is out. Iam 35 and my DF is 45 so you could say that the clock is pretty loud!!

Earlier this year I had to have surgery to remove three really big cysts (thankfully all were benign - but had to wait two weeks to find that out!!) but in the process had most of my right ovary removed. The dr doesn't seem to think that it will cause any problems in trying to conceive but I have to contact my gp if nothing has happened in 6 months.

I am excited and nervous about the whole pregnancy thing - how many horror birth stories have I heard??? Lots!! I know that each person's experience is their own but it doesn't help when someone tells you they were in labour for 48 hours with no pain relief!

Would love to hear any stories from those who have had similar surgery and/or thoughts about this - looking forward to reading them!

Cheers!

Edited by 1apple
Sponsored Links

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 12:10pm
Hi there and welcome. Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead of you, that's awesome. I am 32 and DH is 37 and we have been TTC for 22 months. No known health issues, we have both had 'basic' tests and all looks good, so who knows?! Currently working with a naturopath who has great success statistics with working with people who are TTC, so fingers crossed for me. Would love to have a baby in 2007.
Good luck to you with your upcoming wedding and TTC!
Lou
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 1:02pm
Hi and welcome to the Oh Baby website. This site has been very helpful and informative in many ways. All the best for your upcoming wedding and your plans on getting pregnant - lots of baby dust to you.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 2:48pm
welcome to oh baby! we have a boy, jack who's 2 in august and another one due in october.
although i haven't had cysts removed, i have pcos and also endometriosis which i had removed. the docs told me i shouldn't have any probs getting pregnant but it may take abit longer......each time i fell pregnant within the first 2wks of trying!! so you never know, heaps of baby dust coming your way too

by the way....jack was a 'honeymoon baby' so good luck for the upcoming wedding

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 4:29pm
Welcome to ohbaby
Everyone is really lovely on here, i to am like jacksmum and had endo removed and was diagnosed with PCOS. Got pregnant on clomid and am now waiting for my first little one to arrive

Good luck chicka for the wedding etc! Ull love the site
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 5:00pm

< language=> welcome to this site

Im Sylvia (29) and my DH is Paul (26) been ttc for 20 months. I have dx pcos & awaitng my second fertility appointment to discuss our next step. I had a blighted ovum miscarriage in Aug 04 and everything has been up the wahzoo since!!

Best of luck TTC sending truckloads of babydust your way.

BT#W if you have any questions concerning TTC feel free to ask after all this time ive become a bit of a walking book of knowledge lol

< language=>

Edited by Binkas Mum
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 6:59pm
Hi and welcome. My Dh and I are also in our 30's ttc our number one as kinda newlyweds too. No known problems so heres hoping for a BFP in 06
Best of luck. Glad to see someone in similar position....with age etc....
1apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 8:32am
Thanks for all your lovely messages - I can see that I have found a great discussion board!

Hope everyone has a fab day (despite the rain, if you're in Auckland).

Cheers and lots of baby dust to you all!!! (I love that expression!)
 Post Reply Post Reply