FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStarting solids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting solids
    Posted: 20 April 2009 at 7:19pm
My DD had been showing signs of being more hungry for about 2 wks now. having gotten much worse in the last few days i tried her on a bit of Farex tonight.

She loved it!!

Im just wanting to know how you introduced solids etc.

I just gave her farex with boiled water (had no expressed milk) its pear flavour. Im going to buy more different farax this wk just to keep handy.

Are you meant to keep them on the same flavour for a while, and when do you introduce other things not only farax??
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:18pm
3.5 months is quite early to start solids...(means you have to do more work). i have found that quite often babies go through a stage about that age of just wanting more but it isnt necessarily a sign they need food. i think that plunket do recommend that you keep them on one thing for a week before introducing new flavours and at that age the runnier the better, almost liquid as opposed to food.

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 8:46pm
Bizzy's first thought was mine too, 3.5mths is a very early start! If you think it's best for your baby though, I'd play it very lowkey for quite a while, ie. very small amounts and stick to farex alone for a bit longer than you might have if you started later. Pears was the second thing I introduced but we didn't start Bethany on solids until 5mths so I'm not sure how that would apply to you? Hope this helps

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
JessDub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 1:24pm
Do you have a plunket nurse or can you ring Plunketline?

It would be a really good start and they'd have all this advice for you, especially since your baby is young.

Post Reply Post Reply