FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbaby blues?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tarn22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarn22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: baby blues?
    Posted: 21 April 2009 at 11:39am
hi everyone.
ive just had my first baby by IVF after 6 years of trying and feeling really down.....ALOT!!
i cry for no reason and cant stop.
my hubby is so supportive and baby is a good baby i just cant help but feel upset all the time, and now im hiding it from my hubby so it doesnt upset him.
im not sure if it is a phase or something everyone goes thru but just doesnt talk about.
or i should get some help?
i did have a c section birth so that did knock me around a bit and im usually a very active person. so that could be a bit to do with it.

great someone just called into visit as im typing this in tears, and saw me in tears and took off quick smartly how embarrassing.
IVF#1 BFP :)

Sponsored Links

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 12:10pm
hi Tarn22

Didn't want to read and run. I found myself to be emotional for the first couple of weeks after Blair was born, and we didn't have to go thru any of the challenges you did to concieve or deliver. It's so easy to say, but don't be too hard on yourself, you've gone thru this amazing transformation and it can be a bit tough going on the physical and mental side of the body. Maybe have a chat to you MW at her next follow up visit.

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 12:12pm
Hey tarn, just wanted to say that I spent the first 2 weeks with DS in tears! My mum and DH started getting worried about me and then I started improving. We put it down to tiredness and hormones - there wasn't usually a good reason for the tears, they just happened!

So hugs from me - I hope you feel better soon, and if you still feel down in a couple of weeks there are plenty of people to go to for help!

Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 1:01pm
Hugs hun I didn't hit the crying, overemotional patch until uhhmm this year lol but you've had a rough time of it and you're probably very tired. Rest up as much as you can, take a good vitamin (the B's and D's are good so is Fish Oil and EPO) and don't hide it from DH! Hiding is bad it doesn't help it only makes things worse. You've been in this together from the start so keep him in the loop k. Thats my biggest bit of advice
More hugs XOXOXOX
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 1:21pm
Oh man I feel for you!

I was exactly the same and like you had a c section that was hard to recover from when I was normally such an active person.

What you are experiencing is totally normal for a new Mum! I cried for the better part of two long weeks, I thought I had completely lost the plot! It will pass, just make sure you have lots of support around, let the tears flow if you feel like crying and just focus on loving your new bundle of joy! Definately don't hide the tears from your DH, its all part of the Mummyhood journey!

Honestly hun it does get better, infact it gets way way better pretty quickly thankfully!

Take care xo
 Post Reply Post Reply