FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThin Blue Line??????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1st_Time_Preggies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st_Time_Preggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thin Blue Line??????
    Posted: 24 May 2009 at 1:43pm
My husband and I have been only trying for a few months, so I have no idea what is happening with my cycles and my period isn't entirely regular.

However, I am now about a week "late" so I thought I would take a test anyway (to stop the crazy thoughts in my head). It was one of those "stream" versions with one or two lines. There WAS a second blue line but VERY faint. So now I am not sure whether means something???

I am too scared to take a second test in case I get majorly disappointed    Which tests are the most accurate???
Sponsored Links

freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 2:56pm
congrats your preggo it will get darker in a few days as hormones increase
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 3:16pm
Congrats, sounds like you are pregnant. Discover tests pick up lower levels of HcG (preg hormone) so are the most sensitive but they are $25 for two and you can only get them from Radius Phamacys.

First Response from supermarkets are good but I would suggest waiting until tomorrow morning and using the first urine of the day, as it is more concentrated and the HcG is picked up easier.

Good luck with your next test and good luck for the next 8 months

Angel March 2011
PixieL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PixieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 3:24pm
he he you're up the duff. congratulations!

1/2/9 (27/8/9)
millysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 3:32pm
a line is a line!!!! Congratulations!!!

Was the line within 5 mins?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st_Time_Preggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 3:57pm
Hmmm, well I was too scared to look straight away, so I think I left it for 6 minutes???? I really hope this test isn't just playing with my mind!

I think I will leave it for a few days (and try NOT to think about it :-)), buy a test and use it with my first pee of the day. Hopefully it will be more obvious then!
MindyW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindyW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 4:43pm
Congrats, HPT's dont usually show pos unless you are! I'm sure 1 minute or so isnt a concern! All the best and have a happy and healthy pregnancy
My Beautiful Little Emily

We've Waited for You Forever!
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 5:01pm
Congrats on the BFP NoName!

I had exactly the same thing with my bfp's, they were very faint to start with and got darker as time went on - as the others say, a line is a line

All the best

J B-M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J B-M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:56pm
You are definitely pregnant! With mine i had to hold it up to the sunlight to even see the faintest pink line, but my doctor told me - a line is a line!
According to him you can get false negatives (be preggers but it wont show yet) but you cant get even a tiny tiny line if you arent pregnant, as the hormone it picks up is only in your system after conception.

Congrats! Mine took from Monday night - thursday to show up properly. Even at the doctors his was barely visible.
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by J B-M J B-M wrote:

You are definitely pregnant! With mine i had to hold it up to the sunlight to even see the faintest pink line, but my doctor told me - a line is a line!
According to him you can get false negatives (be preggers but it wont show yet) but you cant get even a tiny tiny line if you arent pregnant, as the hormone it picks up is only in your system after conception

I got the same really faint line that I could only see in the sunlight, in fact I go three. Unfortunatly for me four days later I got negative bloods from the Dr and AF started. I think it was an early chem pregnancy.

Hang in there for a darker line, that way you know that your HcG levels are rising. Good luck!!

Angel March 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st_Time_Preggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 8:54am
OH OH OH OH OH!!!!!!! I waited THREE painful days, just took a Clear Blue test and there was that wonderful cross - BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, I am shaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the worries start....

Oh and how on earth do I figure out how many days/weeks I am????
PixieL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PixieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:09am

Put the date of your last period in to here and it will tell you. Then go to the doctor!

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregnancycalendar/l/blpregcalc.htm 

1/2/9 (27/8/9)
jem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:44am
Oh yay! congrats noname
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 1:49pm
congrats noname...are you gonna be in january or will you be the first due in Feb??

Oct 11
mollymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 4:50pm
that's so cool noname!!! a huge congrats!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st_Time_Preggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 9:30am
Well, I went to the Dr yesterday who confirmed I am 5 weeks :-) So that makes me due 28 January 2009 (approximately!!!!!) How totally exciting :-) Am TRYING not to get TOO excited though, and haven't told a SOUL, just because that 25% miscarriage statistic keeps going around in my head

How on earth am I going to manage to get through the next 7 weeks!!!!!!!! :-)
dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 10:05am
oh wow FX for a nice sticky bubba. Congratulations :) How long have you been trying for?
adele21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adele21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 8:36pm
Nice work no-name, I had the same thing... late this arvo... nice clear 2nd blue line... baby number 2!
 Post Reply Post Reply