FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWarnings for talcum powder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warnings for talcum powder
    Posted: 02 June 2009 at 9:06pm
Does anyone know of these?

Ive read a few places how you shouldnt use talcum powder on babies any more, because is causes breathing problems
Sponsored Links

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 9:53pm
I was told not to use it on baby girls as it is linked to fertility problems

Who knows these days!!
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by peachy peachy wrote:

I was told not to use it on baby girls as it is linked to fertility problems

Who knows these days!!

LOL I love it.

I guess if you are squirting powder around like a maniac it could cause all sorts of problems...
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 12:18am

I didn't know that about talc powder but I hardly ever use it

KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 8:25am
Yeah I heard that it can get "up there" and into the uterus etc. But I still use it even now after her shower to make sure everywhere is dry. I have a sheepskin pad thing that I put it on then wipe it over her so not squirting directly onto her.
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 12:14pm
I had heard that it is easy for the powder to get into their lungs and that as long as you put it on carefully it is ok - never heard the infertility thing but it certainly doesnt get anywhere near 'up-there' lolol
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 2:49pm
Im with jess. Ive heard stuff about talc powder as well, I use it it on Caden though, and will use it on this bubs.
Mum used talc on us kids and we are all fine and dandy

Edited by Sheza

Post Reply Post Reply