FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcheck this out!- grapefruit juice!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: check this out!- grapefruit juice!!!!
    Posted: 28 June 2009 at 9:19am
just found this topic while browsing- its so interesting! i know ill be chugging it down when the time comes for sure! cant help ay- and its yummmmm,,,,,,
also let me know if you have had any experience with grapefruit juice too!

anywaty here it is,,thought you might be interested

http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11031

babydust to everyone!!!!!
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Sponsored Links

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 11:14am
I agree it works! I took it on my last cycle as the cycle before I only had watery CM around O time and no EWCM. I started taking it 2 days before O (I knew whick day I Oed) and bam just like that I had EWCM

Obviously it worked because I got my BFP that cycle.

I also drank pineapple juice from about 6 DPO because I heard it helps with implantation.

I did find the grapefruit was REALLY sour so I added 2 tablespoons of sugar per litre which made it drinkable.

Good luck and baby dust everyone!!!

Angel March 2011
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 12:30pm

interesting.

I drank grapefruit when we were trying for Ella, but that was only because I actually like the taste of it and missed not drinking it while I was on the pill. Not sure if it helped, but 3 months after we started TTC we got pregnant with Ella.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 5:05pm

Hi ToniR,    I believe Evening Primrose Oil is good for EWCM too!  I found heaps of sites saying so, and I have included that in my fertility diet lol 

Also included up until 1dpo ...drinking green tea, baby carrots, Pre-seed for creating fertile environment for sperm and Robitussin with Guanifesen only.

Edited by Shezzey
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 5:18pm
mmm very interesting, thinking I might do grapefruit for bf, not that I like them but bet its good for you also, so win win
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 8:52pm
LOL I meant to do that then I forgot and figured I'd do it next cycle but we got BFP first time round so didn't give a go. Its interesting what random foods help our bodies and getting UTD and stuff!
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 4:08pm
I drunk litres of it (literally!) and it didn't make any difference... but then not everything works for everyone.

Interestingly enough at first I hated it (I drunk it without sugar), but came to really enjoy it. Odd!

jem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 1:36pm
Is it just me or these days the grapefruit that you buy is just not the same as they used to be.
I remember them having the good old sour grapefruit taste, but now they seem not that sour at all basically just a slightly sour flat orange.

or maybe its coz i never used to buy them since i knew someone with a tree.
millysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 2:25pm
it tastes much nicer fresh. The bought stuff tastes like it's got rind in it to me
astral_monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astral_monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 2:51pm
Oh my god - after reading all the success stories at that link I thought I'd nick out in my lunch hour and grab some grapefruit juice. Yuck! I can't drink it!!! It might be a case of closing my eyes and skulling the glass as quickly as possible, hopefully I'll get used to the taste.

I also bought an actual grapefruit so will take that home tonight and see if I like the fruit better than the juice.

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 4:11pm
Keep on trying! Seriously, drinking that stuff was torture for the first couple of days. After that, I started really enjoying it. Maybe I burnt my tasebuds out?

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 4:31pm
I used to add sugar to it but I still had to skull it, it is so bitter and the aftertaste was worse than the actual juice

Persevere, it worked for me!

Angel March 2011
lillibit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lillibit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 4:44pm
Does the Franks-grapefruit juice count??? b/c that stuff is yum it's been my non-alcoholic alternative!
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 4:49pm
I have just realised that my juice was just 'drink', so can anyone tell me where they get their juice from? And can you get GF in the store fresh? Damn it, I hate the stuff, and had just bought a few litres of it!

+1 May 09 Angel
dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Emmi_ Emmi_ wrote:

I have just realised that my juice was just 'drink', so can anyone tell me where they get their juice from? And can you get GF in the store fresh? Damn it, I hate the stuff, and had just bought a few litres of it!

Its in the tall hexagonal shapped bottles? or maybe they are just square. but cardboard and one litre :/ sorry not very helpful
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 5:43pm
Thanks Dinolou. Are you talking about the McCoys?? 'Real grapefruit juice'? Cos thats the one I have been using...

+1 May 09 Angel
girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 6:09pm
Thats the one I used Emmi - but make sure its the yellow one and not the ruby one. The ruby one is 'drink' where as the yellow one is 'juice'.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 6:10pm
OOhhhh now that is sneaky!!

+1 May 09 Angel
girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 6:12pm
I tell you the ruby one tastes a LOT better, but chuck some sugar in it and knock it back .
Yeah I know - real sneaky aye!?!
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 6:46pm

Wow ClaireD  that was very observant.... I bought both and just checked and the Yellow is 100% and the Ruby is only 30%.... that is soooo sneaky because they are the same price too

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>