FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFinger food breakfasts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finger food breakfasts?
    Posted: 19 August 2009 at 9:38am
Please give me some ideas with finger food breakfast??

My daughter is one of those babies that hates eating off a spoon!!! She has finger food for lunch and dinner also, but im just lost on what i can give her that she will enjoy, coz ill give her toast and a banana but she mostly just plays wil it so by the time her morning bottle comes around shes really hungry!!! At the moment im fursing weetbix or baby ceral down here just so she gets awee bit fill of it but i feel like a really really mean mummy for doing that...... PLEASE HELP me with some more ideas... Thanks

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
Sponsored Links

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:25am
We have marmite on toast for breakfast, and a banana. E hates the way banana feels once it gets slimy so I have to give it to her in two halves, one at a time or she just pushes it around. Sometimes we have mandarin as fruit, or avacado on toast. Quartered hard boiled egg is ok, um sorry I don't have many other ideas.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:31am
Oh yes i didnt think about egg.....

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 10:39am
Leahsmummy, I saw a recipe somewhere for baby musli muffins - I THINK the recip might even be on the back of the musli packet. You could also make breakfast bars with weet-bix etc etc. Toast is good too, maybe try different toppings to keep it interesting? Have you tried the banana mashed on toast - mmm I like that one hahaha.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 11:02am
i used to give eden porridge pancakes... just put some in a bowl with no milk and let it cool down a bit and you could pick them up in your hand... very messy tho! you could always just give the weetibx to her - either dry or with a bit of marg on. or in the bowl with a bit of milk to soften it and let her feed herself.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 11:11am
I was going to say that you could try letting her feed herself her ceareal. I use to make DS's really thick so that it stuck to the spoon so more made its way to his mouth.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 11:36am
Feeding herself sounds every messey!!! But i will give it a go..... Watch this space tomorrow morning

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 11:53am
Haven't read the other responses (lazyness lol) but we sometimes get cereals that are quite big like those mini wheets etc that he can just pick up and feed himself, bit dry but he doesn't seem to care
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 12:41pm
what about mini piklets with banana in them (just make them with a smaller spoon).

a bowl of cut up fruit
cheese on toast cut into soldiers
marmite sandwich or vegemite

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 6:44pm
Crumpets or muffin splits are a nice change too or french toast

Edited by lilfatty
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 9:15pm
Fruit toast has always gone down well here.
Or you could try fruit and yoghurt and show her how to dip the fruit in, or even dip weetbix in. You can get those mini weetbix things as well which might be better for dipping.

Post Reply Post Reply