FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSelf feeding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Self feeding
    Posted: 21 August 2009 at 7:19pm
Hi,

DS likes to eat but mainly likes to be fed, which I have always liked well cos its easy.

He seems to be more interested in feeding himself, but when I give him finger foods, he mainly just messes around with it.

Should I be really encouraging finger foods and if so how?

][/URL]

Sponsored Links

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 7:58pm
I tended to do lots of finger food at lunch time - we are usually out and about and so have lunch boxes, and then do spoon feeding at dinner time to ensure a full tummy (for big sleeps ). Now Sophie does most of her own dinner and I just help with the tricky bits (like vegies )

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 12:54pm
I found it easiest to pop E in her highchair with some fingerfood for 5 minutes while I was getting her meal ready, or if I was busy (eg trying to do laundry) I'd sit her up in it with some food to play with - things that were colourful worked well - slices of avacado and wedges of mandarin and some marmite toast so it looked interesting. It doesn't matter if it'ss just played with, food is a tactile experience to start with, so stimulate the senses. Once they find something they like, they will soon figure out how to get most of it in!!
 Post Reply Post Reply