FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCheap Preggy Tests?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap Preggy Tests?
    Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:50pm
Does anyone know a place to get cheap tests quickly or free ones done in the kapiti or manawatu area?

I have ordered some from US but they wont be here for about another week and I REALLY REALLY wanna test now!

Any help will be much appreciated!

Edited by matandnic

CHEM 6/12+
Sponsored Links

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:03pm
You could head to the dr? get a blood test done cos their pee ones wont be sensitve enough..

+1 May 09 Angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:05pm
I have to see the doctor at the end of sept for something and it costs $40 to go! lol thats not cheap!

Im hoping someone knows of a clinic up here like family planning that can do one for me...im new to the area so have no idea lol

CHEM 6/12+
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:17pm
preggy stuff is free at the Dr...

+1 May 09 Angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:28pm
Oh really! My doc isnt open in the weekends

CHEM 6/12+
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:30am
If you're really keen, why not try a chemist / supermarket? I know it's a couple more dollars, but if you're that eager, it might be worth it? (Actually, I'm dead keen to hear the results too )

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 8:34am
Although if you do go buy one, I would def try and find a discover as they are the most sensitive and reliable...
Even if you ring your Drs nurse on mon and ask for a referal (if they dont do it themselves) its still free (ive done both before..)

+1 May 09 Angel
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 8:51am
Isn't the doc's test only free if its positive? I'm not sure though. I got a 3-pack of first response tests for $16-ish at the supermarket. If you are that desperate to test just go get one... and then tell us the result
Buttersmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 8:56am
Yeah I wanna know the result!!!!!!!    

Lol we are all hanging out here Nicola for a BFP result from you................its almost as exciting as if it was me waiting to test LOL

my little blobby April 09 "gone but will never be forgotten xx"
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 10:08am
Go to family planning it is really cheap or free if you are under 25
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 1:37pm
Community Birth Services in Palmerston North will give you a free pregnancy test but they are definitely not open at the weekend. Unfortunately I don't think many places that you could get a free test/consultation from will be.

Fingers crossed for a BFP
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 1:56pm

my tests arrived in the post a week earlier than i though, go US air mail!! lol

test probably tomorrow morning, result on TTC thread then

thanx for all your help though!!

CHEM 6/12+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2009 at 5:42pm
hey does anyone know what it means if you do a test and only one lines shows up but its bang in between the control and Test sections of the view box??

CHEM 6/12+
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2009 at 5:49pm
Either a dodgy test or its negative with just the control line showing..

+1 May 09 Angel
ISpyCharlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISpyCharlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 8:58am
I would properly do another test or wait another day, definately sounds dodgy!

Post Reply Post Reply