FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhe self weaned...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: he self weaned...
    Posted: 07 September 2009 at 10:31am
i still cant believe it has happened. Henry is no longer breastfeeding. I feel like a part of my identity has been taken away. But i also feel like i dont have any right to feel this way. I honestly thought he would feed for ages not stop at 1. My baby has pulled away from me and decided to grow up.

Id just like to say thank you to everyone who has answered my silly questions and supported me in breastfeeding. Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 10:42am
Oh Angel4, big hugs to you, I hope you are proud of the pair of you successfully breastfeeding as long as you did, you've given your son a fantastic start to life and he will always be your "baby". Nature has taken it's course.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 12:39pm
Is Henrys dob on your siggy correct? He looks older
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 1:37pm
You've done such an awesome job to get this far angel! Well done to you both! Just think, you'll be starting it all over again very soon
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 2:28pm
Go Henry!!! What a big boy. Its sad for you but great for him. Lets hope he "selfweans" from cots and nappies as easily

It is scary how fast they grow up isnt it. I think back to my childhood and it seemed to last a life time and I naiively thought that it would be the same for our kids. But it just occured to me that we see it in adult years and they see it in child years and it will be over for us before we know it....now that made me sad
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 2:59pm
The year is wrong but the date is right. He was born august 08. My 1year old baby boy. I keep telling myself at least he got to choose when it happened so thats good. Cant wait to start feeding again though. Only another 3months lol
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 9:22pm
I remember feeling sad when Megan self weaned I felt like she had rejected me but 2 months on she still likes to cuddle.

but yes well done for breastfeeding Henry for as long as you did :)

CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 7:28am
I heard that when you're pregnant the hormones in your body slightly changes the taste of the breastmilk to put the baby off so that they self wean and you are ready to feed the next baby (most people don't want to feed two babies at once). Our bodies are amazing!

Post Reply Post Reply