FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedstruggling ? for those who have come off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: struggling ? for those who have come off
    Posted: 11 September 2009 at 11:07am
Well I am in the middle of cutting down on my med's and soon to be off them I hope I am feeling ok in myself , however not so good physically I know its part of the withdrawal, but I thought its been nearly a week since I lowered the dose and that the withdrawal would have settled by now starting to wonder If I am making the right call the Doctor was not too keen as it is, but I am doing ok hubby said a little more moody and snappy and all but I think that is just all part of it I hope.   grrrrr sorry this is more a rant. So how long did it take when coming off your med's for the withdrawal to settle down?

Sponsored Links

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 12:39pm
I didnt experience any withdrawal. I waited until my hormones had had long enough time to stabilise and then followed my father's advice on weaning off (he's a drug counsellor).

I went down to half a tablet a day for 2 weeks, then a quarter for two weeks, then a quarter every second day for two weeks and then nothing.

I'd be concerned that what you are feeling isnt a withdrawal but an idea of what "normal" is with you off the meds. If so, could you live like that?

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 3:02pm
Butterfly mum, your withdrawal period is dependant on what meds you were on, it took me about 3 weeks to "come right" when I came off my meds. Give it time, and also keep a mood diary - are all days the same? Or are some days better than others?
 Post Reply Post Reply