FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11001101110211031104 1107>
Author
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 12:21pm
Chex, you've got some good ideas there. I will definitely try to brush her teeth first so that brushing her teeth by herself is like a reward for compliance. Getting in there quick while holding the forehead (most mums that I talk to seem to be doing this) is what I believe caused the resistance that we are getting here, sadly. I was only doing so once or twice out of desperation but quickly realised that force brushing is counterproductive. DP did it a bit more often until I realised he was doing so and told him to stop. Rachamos, thanks for the Elmore idea, I' d love to get a crocodile or shark hand puppet for that purpose!
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
Sponsored Links

TrinaL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrinaL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 7:02pm
We play an AHHHHHHHHHHHHH EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE game. Basically ahh to open wide and do a brush at the back, then ee to do the front then ahh for the other side at the back etc. Sometimes we have to play as well and getting each of the ahhs to strecth out long enough can be a bit of an issue sometimes but we get there.
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 8:16pm
Tried all the vocals, they loved reciting them, but were still running away from me! But wait a minute, today....tadaa... had success tonight with me brushing first and then letting them! I also did a crocodile sound (probably more like a lion, I have no idea what a crocodile sounds like) and the loved repeating that and showed me their teeth. I think the key was to let me do it first though, as we have been through all the animal roars before and had no success with it. I so hope this wasn't a one off!
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 10:25pm
Question - green grass stains on jeans, didn't come out in the wash, any ideas how to get them out? Sard perhaps? Friend?
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 8:43am
My stain approach is always scrub with wonder soap then soak in napisan, then wash.

Edited by Danda08
TrinaL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrinaL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 9:07am
We know what you have been up to Hibiscus
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 2:00pm
Hang on, my girls' pants... not mine...
TrinaL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrinaL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 7:03pm
Made you blush though eh
Buttersmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 7:59pm
haha

my little blobby April 09 "gone but will never be forgotten xx"
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 8:11pm
No I'm not a lurker in the TTC thread, although, with the rate that everybody is reproducing I am getting a bit clucky.
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 8:13pm
Tell me about it Hibiscus! Least you can do something about your cluckiness if you choose to and make them your grass stains afterall
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2012 at 9:17pm
That is true AngieBabe.

Hadn't noticed until now that there are 'private' forums on Ohbaby (very bottom of the forums list).

Hope everyone is having a relaxing day off tomorrow.
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 1:46pm
Well, I am now a working mum I got the job as Media Adviser with Environment Canterbury and start on May 21...

Sooooooooooo excited - though the thought of how organised I'm going to have to be scares me a little! But feels really good to be employed again and that I'm able to get off the DPB.

It also means that my goals for this year are getting closer to being achieved.
Birdie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 4:39pm
Yay! congrats Ang
Buttersmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 6:29pm
I think its just awesome Ange and I'm very proud of you. I'm sure with your determination and ambition you will succeed and your goals will come true in no time!!!!

my little blobby April 09 "gone but will never be forgotten xx"
RedHeadDuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHeadDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2012 at 6:05pm
Woohoo congrats Ange

Just wanted to pop in and say hi... And also that I'm a little bit at how many of you are having, or have had #2... No thanks, not here..

I often read but never have any idea what to say... so here i am and have already petered out on what to say..... ....... Lol

Soo... Will leave you guys and will see if any of you actually realise who I am..
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2012 at 7:45pm
I haven't forgotten who you are Rarrarrar (you know, I always feel like your screen name needs a ! or two after it, lol)

So, how's Master W these days?
RedHeadDuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHeadDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2012 at 8:09pm
Lmao, wondered if anyone would guess.

He's great. Is certainly showing his 'nearly 2ness' quite nicely some days Lmao..

His favourite phrase at the moment is "UH OH!" ... Other than that we don't have a huge amount of words (and no other 2 words together either) but it's soo cute..

Are anyone elses kids totally aware of when they are peeing? We just can't catch it on the potty. He tells us he is going. We'll put him on the potty or toilet.. But about 20seconds after he gets off he will pee...

How are you guys? Other than the new job of course- Why do I have a funny feeling I saw that come up on facebook through someone elses page?
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2012 at 8:37pm
You probably did, we have a few friends in common on FB (possibly Emma C's)

Oh and we have plenty of uh-oh's here too - actually Josh sounds very similar 'cause we don't have a huge amount of words either... though he perfectly copied his cousin the other day saying "I'm stuck" . Other than that I can see he's listening hard and trying to copy speech and say words, just still sounds like a lot of babble, even to my ears!

Not much awareness of toileting habits here... likes to sit on the potty/toilet, thinks it a huge amount of fun, but that's about it (even if he gets the potty himself from where it's tucked away and seems to be grabbing at his crotch like he needs to go, I pop him on and he doesn't).
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 12:22pm
that's great news Ange! Congrats! How's the daycare search?

'course i remember you Rarrarrar! You used to be such a chatterbox when we were all waiting on here to have our bubbas, i guess now we' re all busy with bubbas instead.

no interest in going to potty here whatsoever. They will directly tell me though when they've done number twos and often want it off right away.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11001101110211031104 1107>