FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11011102110311041105 1107>
Author
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 12:30pm
Angie, i would be interested to hear at some point whether you had to explain your situation (why you're out of work) to your new employers or not. And how you handled that. It seems to me that people who already have a job have a much easier time finding a new job than the ones who are out of work.
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
Sponsored Links

Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 9:20pm
Hey ladies,

Hope you're all well. Nothing much happening in our neck of the woods, still trying to unpack the house, but my wee "helpers" are more of a hindrance so it keeps getting ignored.

Lexi asked for the potty today and actually did wees in it. Yay!

I've got the girls on iron supplements at the mo and I think it's making a difference to their appetites which is encouraging.

Mia is still resisting day sleeps, seems to be day on, day off which is a total pain, and she's still a complete mare when she misses one, losing the plot over silly things - like she can't get her sock off. Hopefully this "phase" finishes soon!

We've had great progress with sleeping (knock on wood) using (among other tactics) a sleep training clock. Took them a couple of weeks to cotton on but they are now staying in bed till the "sun is awake".

Edited by Danda08
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 11:34pm
Are your girls out of their cots Danda?
Go Lexi for going potty!

Day sleep has been a little mixed up here too lately.

Edited by Hibiscus
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:45pm
Hibiscus, I listed it in my CV - saw no point in not being upfront about it This is how I did it (thought it shows a bit of my humour/personality):

Jul 2010 – present Stay-at-home Mum [employer]Joshua Fergus: Christchurch, NZ Everything from carer, nurse, educator and chef to musician, photographer, janitor and handyman, including a myriad of parenting tasks that slot in between.

I didn't let on, til late in the interviewing/hiring process that I was a single mum... didn't want them thinking possible negatives about what I could or could not handle.

I think being 'out of work' due to parenting is a lot different than being unemployed. Though in saying that, I was very conscious of getting back into my line of work (comms) reasonably quickly so as I didn't loose touch with what was going on in the industry.
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 9:37am
My girls are still in their cots Hibiscus. Just very vocal when they want out, there's no playing nicely or chattering. They go from sounds asleep to standing up screaming "mum,mum, mum" and 'out, out, out" .

I was amazed Angie at how much I had forgotten in just 18 months when I went back. Kinda scary.
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 2:21pm
Iit's past 2 pm and I can still hear my girls chatting in their cots. They are supposed to have their afternoon sleep! This has been going on since the weekend. I don't know why. They had to go down at 11am not so long ago because they got so tired. Today we had an activity in the morning and were only home at 12.30, then lunch, nappies etc. but they have been playing around for an hour in their cots now. Two days ago I put them down at 12 and they mucked around for an hour before falling asleep. So i put them down half an hour later yesterday and it took them 1.5 hours before they fell asleep!

Angie, I think it's really cool how you wrote that. To be honest I would've been too scared to be as 'informal' in my CV, but I guess you have to do something different if you want to stand out from the crowd. Especially if your field is communication. And your employers obviously liked it too!

Danda, it's a pain when the one who wakes up first wakes the other one up when they're calling out, isn't it? Usually I have one grumpy child in that situation.

Edited by Hibiscus
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 11:22pm
so quiet here.

who's still giving milk before bed (bottle, cup or sippy cup)? we do dinner bath (if needed), nappy, jammies, milk ( in straw cup), teeth, story, bed.

the problem that i'm having with this routine is that they cannot sit still while they're having the milk at this time and we get spills (in the bedroom ) most nights despite us holding onto the cups for them. They're waving them around, pulling on them, etc. drives me crazy! So I'm thinking of giving them their milk earlier with their dinner. But am kinda scared to change the milk before sleep routine that they have known since birth (in one form or another) .

Edited by Hibiscus
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 8:46am
It has been super quiet.

My girls ditched their bedtime bottle so long ago I can't even remember how old they were. It had turned into a complete battle with them running around and like you Hibiscus, milk going everywhere.

Now they only have milk first thing in the morning.

Lexi has been sick since Fri night with temps and runny bum, temps settled yesterday but she was miserable so took her to the Dr and she has tonsillitis. Poor poppet.
Last night was the first night she made it through the night since Fri and of course tag team - Mia was up from 2.30am - 5.30am.
hotmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:15am

Hibiscus, James was still on 150mls milk in a bottle 3 times a day until recently. He now has morning bottle and bottle before bed, still lying on my lap which is now getting harder.

He is given milk in a small plastic tea cup or other kids cup with handles but no top at lunchtime, got to watch him though as if he is walking with tea cup he sometimes forgets to hold it properly and it goes everywhere.

I brought him a nice drink bottle around 18mths trying to put formula in that as Plunket said he should have until 2years. Didn't work, will have to try again though as he shouldn't be on bottles now and will get harder in months before baby comes.

Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:20am
Portia is on the bottle now, three times a day, just the same as Milla was. Plunket may maon about her not having enough food etc and yes at times she does not eat knowing she will get a bottle anyway, but I talked to my GP about and she said, dont worry about it, its a whole food, and its not like she will be on a bottle at school, which is so true. as long as they are eating , especially iron rich foods it wont do them any harm
http://lilypie.com]
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:55am
I always intended to get my girls off the bottle at 1 but am so desperate to get anything good into them that the bottles are staying!
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:34pm
Josh still has milk in his straw cup before bed, anywhere from 150-200ml, though he is getting more and more disinterested so looks like he could be 'weaning' himself from it - I'm not worried he's still on milk before bed and to be honest stopped listening to what 'I should be doing' in regards to food milestones (or however you want to describe it) a wee while ago... whatever works and all that
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:35pm
I got away with no bottles because I BF til they were 19 months. But they do love their cows milk from the straw cup, like you hotmummy, 3 times a day 150 mls. An open cup doesn't work for us ( only water) as they like to spill tings (often deliberately - to see what happens ).
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:38pm
Oh no, tonsillitis, can you see it (red throat or anything)? Is she refusing to eat (but that would't be very indicative for you guys, I guess... )?
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:56pm
I saw the red throat yesterday morning as she screamed blue murder at me in The Toy Libray so whisked her straight to the Dr.
And yesterday was the first day there was any change in her appetite but I suspect the pamol for her temps would have been keeping her on an even keel over the weekend and painfree.
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:21pm
I know you ladies will appreciate this... (though it happened for Nan and not me)

Today, Josh let Nan know he'd just done a poo (pretty much a first ) and then later on in the day she put him on the potty and suggested he go wees and he did!!

Seems like things are starting to click for Josh about the sensations associated with toileting, yay!

(oh and we seem to have attempts at more words these days too)
TrinaL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrinaL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:05pm
GO Josh - just wait Ang till you get to where we are with wanting to take her own knickers on and off and on and off etc etc multiple times while sitting on the toilet. Alright if she gets both legs in different holes not so good for balance when they are both in one hole.

E still has a lot of milk as still bf. So at bed, during night, when waking up, before nap, after nap, when every she sees someone else having a bf, if I hold someone elses baby( just to stake her claim) and any other reason she can think of
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 7:33pm
That's so cute Trina, DD staking her claim.
I have a picture book of a little elephant who's trying to dress himself and the 'both legs down one hole issue' gets covered there, very useful, lol.

Yay on the going potty success Josh, and I found once the words started coming, there's no stopping!
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 7:37pm
When DP is on late shift the girls are usally in bed by 7.15 pm . When DP is home, much later.
JaneS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 7:59pm
Hibiscus, we do milk while doing stories, and then he sits still and just drinks and listens (we have one of those little couches from the warehouse thats his 'milk and story' couch) then teeth then bed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11011102110311041105 1107>