FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11021103110411051106 1107>
Author
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:39pm
My two have given up on stories at the moment, they just can't sit still! It's weird cos DH has been reading them stories before bed since they were 3 months old.

We're getting there on the potty training front too - and without me trying (cos I keep putting it off). Lexi told me she'd done poos the other morning (which is normal), I checked her nappy, nothing but she kept insisting so asked if she wanted the potty, she giggled. Sat her on it and ta da - poos!
Sponsored Links

Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:49pm
July 2010 Bubs get a new sibling!

birdie - Emily is now a big sis to Spencer
rachamos - March 2 - will let her fill in the rest
ItchyFeet - February 15.....surely we have bubba now

Sally - July 4
Booski- July 5 (surprise)
HotMummy - August 7
Red - August 13
Baygirl - October 5
JaneS - October 7
Gypsynita - October 14
Raspberryjam - October 19

not updated, but I thought I bring this forward (no I am not on it)
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:51pm
Aww, thought you were updating cos you had some news to share!
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:52pm
lol, would love to. but we're going overseas for 3 months over the winter, and I so don't want to deal with MS then. Especially since I will be travelling by myself with my two girls with DP joining us in the middle of the trip (he can't stay away from for so long).

Edited by Hibiscus
hotmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:12pm

James broke his little tea cup, that is the end of that. Only got it because it was in the charity shop for 50c!

Hibiscus, James also spills drinks on purpose. He has a nice drink bottle with big straw type thing but sometimes not keen for some reason.

Yay for success on potty those of you above. Still putting James on it but some days not so often, he is in nappies though again and take it off to put him on.

Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:55pm
hotmummy, my girls have broken 4 tea cups (espresso cups) - all cheap as too. Since they have had real crockery from the start (except suction cup bowl) I am going to to carry on letting them have it, so they get the idea that it's fragile. They broke a plate the other day by banging it on the table and got a bit of a fright when the shards went everywhere. Had a tiny amount of blood too! Finally they have an inkling of an idea what it means when I say 'it can break'.
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 7:44pm
JaneS, I've looked at a book with them while they have their milk for rhe last two nights and it has improved things a bit! So thank you!

Chex, also meant to say a big Thank You to you for the advice about brushing their teeth first before letting them have a go by themselves. It took them a while to get used to it, but it has made a huge difference! It's still not 100% perfect but from not being able to brush their teeth at all we have now a success rate of perhaps 7 out of 10. They let us brush their teeth now, it's just the quality of the job that's not ideal.
Chex001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chex001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:32pm
Thats great Hibiscus glad to have helped :)

hotmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 11:45am

I sometimes give James or he takes from dishwasher real cups, he also has broken a few. Is getting good at breaking things in general including ripping his books

Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 1:05pm
Anyone have ideas for resolving constipation?
My girls have gone from 3+ sloppy poos/day to 1 hard one and Mia is so miserable trying to get it out. It's all she talks about, poor little thing.

They eat lots of fruit including kiwifruit and rasins. Can't get prunes or prune juice into her. She's drinking good amounts of water. I've tried brown sugar & boiled water (wasn't sure how much to give though?).

Any other thoughts or should I take her to the Dr?
hotmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 11:46am
Danda have you tried something like weetbix? do they eat much bread?

Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 8:54pm
They eat porridge every day for breakkie and 1-1.5 pieces of bread each day. i think it's happened cos they have now started refusing even the sachets of pureeed baby vege so aren't any ANY veges at all I

I ended up taking her to the Dr and getting something. Took two doses to get things moving but she now has a completely red raw bum from all the attempts. Poor little mite.

I've gotta get veges in to them somehow!!
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:55pm
Other than the things you already mentioned, Danda, my doctor recommended beetroot (I wonder whether that includes drinking the juice if you use those from the tin?). Dried fruit ( includes raisins) need an extra intake of water or they dry you out. So if constipation is a problem I wouldn't give raisins also because they contain a lot of sugar and sugar is a number one culprit for constipation. Banana is really bad for that reason too. I think prunes are ok because they are fibrous. You could also pre soak the prunes overnight and add them to the porridge. Poor wee poppet I hope it resolves itself soon.
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 12:55pm
Oh good idea re soaking the prunes and adding to the porridge! Will do that
JaneS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 4:41pm
Danda we have a complete anti-vege kid here too! we did BLW and everything, but still won't touch them. I'm hoping its just a phase, as he's quite fussy with a lot of things, they all get called 'hot' and he just won't even try things. He'll surprise us occasionally, the other night we had a creamy mushroom chicken dish and he ate the lot all by himself, which was good as it had onions in it, but thats a rarity at the moment. so hope its just a phase!

Hope your girls constipation improves!
JaneS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:03pm
Haha speaking of anti-vege kids, we had stew for dinner, and decided to take a bit of a tough-love approach this time, so he had to have a certain number of bites of stew before he was allowed to leave the table. We managed to get all the bites into him, after a lot of tears and protestations, but he then proceeded to vomit immediately after the last bite.... we can't decided if it was a parenting win that he even ate bites at all, or a parenting fail!
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:42pm
Jane, I hate the feeling when you Wonder whether you should have done things differently. I wonder whether my girl got stung by a wasp today as she started to scream and I saw a wasp flying away from her face. We couldn't detect a sting, but she was screaming in shock/pain? for half an hour. I felt so guilty because I had chased away the wasp from their food bowl, but then not thought about making sure the wasp doesn't go near my eating girls.

Edited by Hibiscus
Rachael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:47pm
Max is the same here too and we use either prune juice or lactulose (sp) that the doctor gave us and it works too. Its horrible watching them trying to get it out.
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:51pm
My girls love feijoas, they are quite gritty and I would think that they loosen things up a it.
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 11:34am
My girls are pulling everything off the shelves at the moment and I got quite upset about it this morning which led to a very firm NO. Totally pointless though as they did it again two minutes later. So regretted yelling at them as it is not something I wanted to repeat, so when they did it again I just left them to it, which means I am inconsistent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11021103110411051106 1107>