FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after a miscarriage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Pook72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pook72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 3:36pm
Fingers crossed your dates are just a little out xx
June 99. June 09, Dec 09, Sept 10 March 12
Sponsored Links

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 9:53pm
HCG's have come back and they are no longer doubling

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
Pook72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pook72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 7:39am
Oh Azza, that sucks honey xx
June 99. June 09, Dec 09, Sept 10 March 12
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 8:42am
Sorry to hear that Azza & sending you big hugs (although I know that probably doesn't make it any easier)

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:02pm
Any news hun?

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:22pm
No update I'm afraid. I'm getting more HCG's done tomorrow.

I asked my midwife for a scan to see if the baby has grown any since the last one and she said "having another scan will not change the situation and may worry you more if it has not grown"

Just hoping HCG's tomorrow are still going up no matter how fast or slow.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 4:19pm
hugs :(!
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:29pm
hugs from me too!

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 10:08pm
Fingers crossed for tomorrow and hugs in the meantime, the waiting and not knowing is horrid.

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 10:22pm
Azza, call up your GP and see if they will give you a scan. That is crap, and I dont like your MW. Tell them you need to know if the pregnancy is viable, if it hasnt grown then unfortunately it doesnt look good and you can prepare yourself for it, if it has you can actually stop worrying about it!!! GRRR Give me her number and I will have a go at her for you!! Call another MW and see if they are more understanding.
Sorry, I just think if it was me I wouldnt be doing HCGs, I would be going for scans, and I would be kicking up a big stink. But that is just me and you gotta do what you gotta do.
xoxoxoxox Big hugs!!

Sorry that sounds really harsh.. I guess I just wish I could do something to help...

Edited by Emmi_

+1 May 09 Angel
littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 7:36am
Hugs hun - everyone on here is keeping their fingers and toes crossed for you.
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:04am
Thanks everyone. I've had more bloods done this morning and am seeing my GP tomorrow evening to ask if she will give me a referral.

I'm a bit concerned that my midwife may have all the bedside manner of a brick - meeting her in person for the first time on Monday so I guess I'll see then.

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:12am

oh Azza! Crossing everything for great HCGs, I hope everything works out ok for you!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

asicsgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asicsgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 12:42pm
Hugs Azza, I agree with what Emmi said, scans give a lot more of an idea of what is going on with bubs then hcgs ever will do. HCG can be fickle with numbers and doesn't give you a picture of what is happening. I had three blood tests then sent me for scan at 5w 1 day to see what was going on because of slow rising hcg.. Hoping for a sticky bean for you.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 12:56pm
Good work on the GP appointment Azza! I hope your MW is a lot more understanding when you meet her, although hopefully your GP will give you a referral anyway GL hun, and I have everything crossed for you that your HCG levels are way high (dont forget that yours were already higher than mine were at a week later than you are, so they are already great)

+1 May 09 Angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 2:40pm
Azza hun ditch the mw.. I hate to say it but it sounds like she doesnt want to know you unless she knows she is going to get paid.... Not exactly the type you want looking after you during birth (especially if you go VBAC).

I can ask a trainee mw for some good vbac suggestions for you.

PS gosh I hope its not someone I have already suggested.

F &T X for you today.

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 2:42pm
Its the partner of the midwife I had in my last pregnancy (she was wonderful but my due date is in the middle of her annual leave).

Would love any North Shore VBAC recommendations!

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:40pm
I just called the nurse for my HCG results and she said they are "high high"

Apparently they are 138 000 at 6w6d
They were 75 000 at 5w5d

So I'm happy. Will see what GP says tomorrow.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:48pm
wow they are high, mine were 74,000 at 7w and my mw was talking about twins.

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:49pm
Dont say the twins word, I think I'd just keel over!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>