FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAs lots of other have said...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 11:58pm
Hey chick, from experience going on the meds sucks for about 2 weeks then it does settle, i felt woozy, cotton mouthed, dizzy if i had to get up at night to the kids, headachy, sleepy as heck (like i'd been hit by a bus) but it gets better, it seriously does.   I didn't think i was really that bad ever until ihit the serious downward spiral which is when i got put on the meds, and beleive me, I was missing out on life before then, I was so grumpy angry and snappy and touchy all the time before that i felt so sad that mike and the kids had to put up with that.

Even going back to the doctor after 2 weeks, mike openly told him i was such a different person. I have been on them for nearly 2 years now and am very very stable on them, getting to a place where i am happy with everything , happy with how things are, settled in my life, and considering coming off them, just finding the right time and trying to sort hormonal stuff first.

I hope you feel better soon, hang in there, it does get easier, maybe only marginally at first, but yeah soon you realise how different you feel once the initial crap wears off (that's just your body getting used to the meds).

The first step is to realise the problem and get help and that's what you've done.

Hugs.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 12:39am
When I was at plunket yesterday I saw that the yoga tree in takapuna holds a free PND yoga class once a week! You do have to be under treatment (ie dr has confirmed and you being treated meds or otherwise).

I know its not near you, but if you ring them they may know of something similiar closer to home..

I always found I coped much better on the days I had yoga...

There are other AD you can try if the citalopram does not work and you feel you need the meds. Zoloft was one I was prepared to take while bf.. from my reasearch (and I had taken it before so knew how it made me feel).

Barnados also can help, I was assigned a case worker and they work with you to help you out. In the end by the time I saw her I was ok but she did phone me and new I was still under the care of the crisis team.

Trying hard to remember all the resources available to you if you choose to go down the non medicated route.

I guess for me I knew how I would feel on them so it was easy for me to make the decision to try and stick it out and if it went pear shaped I knew within 2 weeks on the meds it would all start to swing back around.

Reflux babies are just plan hard work... the lack of sleep is bad enough but the endless screaming is just as tiring.

If you ever just need a good sleep just let me know (it might take me an hour to get there, but I will come!).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12