FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGetting worse before it gets better?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting worse before it gets better?
    Posted: 12 January 2010 at 9:56am
I was told by the family centre that I had PND when Corban was about 12 weeks old but didn't really think I did and never saw the DR about it. I was just really tired as Corban has always been a terrible sleeper, but now that he is sleeping a little better (only wakes once or twice a night instead of the previous 5-6 times ) I'm still not feeling much better.

Thing is I'm not tearful, don't you have to cry all the time to be depressed??? I just feel flat and so very tired. I have little motivation to do anything. I'm very short tempered and find myself getting angry at Corban for just doing normal baby things like refusing to eat or throwing his food around. I use to be an intelligent career woman and now my brain is mush, I struggle to remember what I was going to say halfway through a sentence, even reading back through this what I've writen doesn't make any sense!

I think maybe I'm just bored, to be honest being a SAHM isn't really me but don't want to go back to work as I feel guilty a.) because I should enjoy it and b.) that financially lucky for us it is not a necessity and I know how many mothers would love to be able to stay home if they could afford to.

DH doesn't think I should go back as I struggle to get through the day now without having a sleep in the afternoon and the housework gets on top of me, so how on earth would I cope having to work part time as well??

I'm not keen on medication as I'm still breastfeeding. I don't know what I'm asking really....
Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 10:14am
firstly hugs..you sound like i did.. and no i never cried..not once..until i was at the docs...and for me meds were the answer as i went on them 24 weeks preg and things are amazingly better.. and doc is happy for me to be on them safely while feeding.. i am the same re SAHM...i feel bad that i dont love it and should be thankful i can but i simply dont love it and that adjustment was part of it.. but i think mine started from our first mc..

re work its up to you..it may be the lift you need to feel better.. but i would suggest talking to someone if you can ?anyway hugs to you.. if it helps you arent alone!
Mum to two amazing boys!
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 1:12pm
You sound alot like I was as well, I cried a few times but not constantly, mainly I got short tempered, frustratd, unmotivated, feeling unhappy alot. I didn't want meds either and manged to get some counselling although it took alot of ringing around before I managed to get some free sessions. The counselling helped me understand why I was feeling like I was and now I am alot better, I know what to try and avoid and I try and be more relaxed.

I would suggest you try and get some counselling and maybe talk through your thoughts about going back to work and then you can decide if you think it will help or not. I do know what you mean about the brain not functioning properly and I do miss work in that sense sometimes. Although I have resigned from my work they will let me work from home part time so DH and I are discussing that as I have to make sure that it doesn't put too much pressure on me and bring the PND back.
Lindsey

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 2:09pm
Mrs B if you aren't sure whether you have PND then you could take the Edinburgh PND Test and see what it says. I just googled it (my mw and GP both gave me the test) and actually found that website which looks like it has lots of info which I will have a look at too
Lindsey

Post Reply Post Reply