FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIt’s happened again :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tinkerbelle83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It’s happened again :(
    Posted: 03 February 2010 at 3:34pm
Hi

I just had my 12 week scan and it was a missed miscarriage :( I'm so devastated, I really thought it was going well. I've read a bit and they said the preg symptoms continue sometimes. It's so cruel! Waiting for MW to call as not sure what happens next. No bleeding at all.

I hate that I'll have to tell everyone as well... especially our nearly 5 yr old stepson. His Mum is also pg and is due in June... This is going to be so hard, but we will keep trying. Next time I'm going to wait until 12 weeks until we tell people.

Have any others had more than 1 mc? How did you cope? and any successes?
Sponsored Links

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 3:37pm
Oh I'm so sorry 1stMum!!! Its not fair

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 4:01pm
Just sending you big hugs hun, Im so sorry...

+1 May 09 Angel
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 5:53pm
so sorry to hear of your loss
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 8:02pm
1stmum Im so sorry for your loss
Luckymama23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckymama23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 9:11pm
So sorry to hear about your loss 1stmum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 9:42pm
Thank you all for your support. MW got back to me and I have an appointment tomorrow at hospital.

It is so unfair and it hurts so much more that it;s happened twice now. I have read posts of people who have had many mc's and gone on to have children so there is still hope :)

Edited by 1stMum

3 precious Angel babies - Oct 09, Feb 10, June 10
maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 12:02am
1stMum I am so sorry for your loss.

I hope tomorrow goes ok and you can spend sometime remembering your little angel.

I hope my history gives you some hope.
I had 2 mc's,a Daughter (Stillborn), 1 very healthy Baby Boy & I am 5 weeks away from having another Healthy Boy.

It does happen Hun, I thought I would never get a family to take home but I was wrong.

I hope you are feeling ok and that tomorrow is not to painful.

I am sending you lots of hugs & will be thinking about you tomorrow

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 7:40am
Hi Maudie23

Your history does give me a glimmer of hope. Thank you. It must have been so hard when your daughter was stillborn :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

My DH was trying to make me feel better yesterday and he said that this is practice for the perfect baby we will have in the end. I guess thats true :)

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 8:03am
Aww what a sweet thing your DH said!

I still had pg symptoms for a couple of weeks as my hormones stablised.. your right is it cruel!

The hospital will give you the option to take some pills to bring on the mc or a D&C... They will go over both options with you.

Big, huge hugs.. I am so so sorry!

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 9:42am
*big hugs*

I have had 4 miscarriages between Rhiannon and Cory and one of them was a missed miscarriage and i found out at 11wks, i ended up having a dnc done.

If you need to chat just pm me, and i hope that you dont have to go through this again, and i agree your DH is so sweet

littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 10:10am
Oh hun - I'm so sorry its happened again.
Its just heartbreaking

I've only had the one and I couldn't imagine the pain of another one. But my friend had 3 before she had her 1st bubba and she's just had another perfect little bub. I know drs like to wait until people have 3 (which is just awful imo) but maybe your dr might be able to do some tests to see if there is anything they can do to help - my friend had to do the pesseries (which I know I can't spell) and that made all the difference in her case.
Jacindarella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacindarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 10:43am
I'm so sorry for you loss!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 1:58pm
Went into hospital this morning and have decided to get a D&C. Have to go in Monday morning at 6.45am! I must admit I am feeling alot better today and am keeping positive.

From what you girls have said and the doctor even said it, there is light at the end of the tunnel and I won't give up hope!

The midwife didn't seem to be too worried as I conceived really quickly and it was prob just a coincidence that it happened twice.

I just watched that movie Julie and Julia and I just want to go and cook now!

littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 2:44pm
We'll be thinking of you on Monday.
Don't give up hope - while things are a bit dark at the moment, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 3:05pm
Sending you big hugs. It's bad enough for it to happen once but twice is just so unfair.

I have a beautiful healthy son aged 2.5, & then I had two MC (both at 6 weeks) & now I am 28 weeks pregnant with a little girl. Don't give up hope-nothing good & worthwhile in life is achieved without a little struggle. I know it's hard but if you just stay positive & don't give up one day you will have that beautiful little bubba you deserve.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by 1stMum 1stMum wrote:

Hi

I just had my 12 week scan and it was a missed miscarriage :( I'm so devastated, I really thought it was going well. I've read a bit and they said the preg symptoms continue sometimes. It's so cruel! Waiting for MW to call as not sure what happens next. No bleeding at all.

I hate that I'll have to tell everyone as well... especially our nearly 5 yr old stepson. His Mum is also pg and is due in June... This is going to be so hard, but we will keep trying. Next time I'm going to wait until 12 weeks until we tell people.

Have any others had more than 1 mc? How did you cope? and any successes?

massive hugs to you..its so awful...:( I had a missed mc at 12 weeks(DandC as bub had died 4 weeks earlier) feb 07 and then healthy baby feb 08 and another mc jan 09 and 4 days away from number two :)

telling everyone is so hard though esp the stupid comments people say!!!:( anyway hugs to you!
Mum to two amazing boys!
spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 5:41pm
hugs to you, its such a horrible thing to go through. MC anyway is bad . . . I won;t say the missed variety is the worst, but its a special brand of sh*tty. Mine was 13w6, I'd just 'relaxed' into pregnancy knowing the scary first trimester was over, turns out baba died at 8w1d: the day we saw her on the scan and found out I was utd!

I was especially gutted with my own body, for fooling me and letting me believe I was pregnant all that time. Had miso to finish the process, wanted to be at home and handle it privately.

Pregnant symptoms went on for another 2-3 weeks, which I thought was particularly cruel too.

I'm sorry you have lost your baby and are going through this too.

We told people by email - one mass email, or text message, because I couldn't face telling people over and over again. It may not have been the nicest way for people to find out, but not a patch on what we were feeling.
Next time I'm going to wait until 20 weeks to tell anyone (we waited 12 weeks for most people)

Hope everything has gone ok today, all the best
jessiesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessiesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 8:30pm
Oh no you poor thing. I've only had 1 misc so I can only imagine how awful it must be to go through it again. The good thing with already telling people is that at least they (hopefully) will be sympathetic and supportive.
I read an awesome book after mine called "Life after baby loss" by Nicola Miller-Clendon and it really helped me give myself permission to grieve.. no matter how early you lose a baby she says it's still a lost baby. She also had some very clever retorts for the stupid comments you get.
Sh_az View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sh_az Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 2:42pm
1stMum very sorry to hear about your loss.

I had two eptopics (second resulting in loss of tube) and then had a miscarriage . After the mc I got quite disillusioned about the whole thing and wondered if I was ever destined to become a mum.

But there is a silver lining to my story. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant so don't give up hope.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>