FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16271628162916301631>
Author
LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 2:40pm
Everyones busy with 2nd birthday parties maybe? Congrats on the girl, they are awesome :) Not having the best of times here, thrush on boobs again for the 2nd time in a month or so, Alex has conjunctivitis and Sams sleeping is soooo so crap that Im starting to loose the plot and spend a lot of times in tears but it will get better, wont it??? :)

Sponsored Links

werty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote werty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2012 at 12:32pm
Sorry to hear you're not having the greatest time, Lorna. Anything I can do to help? The sleep will get better, I promise! Lachie has more sleep now during the day than he ever had as an under 1yr old! Can't be easy when you can't get a break from it. I'm happy to help if you need a break. Txt me.

Just had our plunket check and all is good. 99%ile weight, 91%ile height. She was great re: his speech and wasn't at all concerned at the lack of it! I'm not worried but I thought she might be! She commented on how strong willed he is- ummmm, yeah- that's one way to put it!! It was great cos he was a little lamb for her and let her have a good look in his mouth for teeth and we are finally cutting the 2yr old molars!! Yay!! Shame we don't see them again till the b4 school check. I like the plunket checks! ( probably the minority!!)

Hope everyone is behaving and getting some decent weather. How have the parties gone?

How's school going for ds1 maya? P looooves school and its so amazing to see them progress so quickly. She seems so grown up now. *sob*

Enough from me, I haven't been able to log in on my phone so have been a bit AWOL.

E

Gerri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2012 at 3:02pm
Hugs Lorna that sucks.

I've been busy with life and am just trying to keep on top of things as Christmas gets closer. Eeek!

Can't believe I now have a two year old. Seems like only yesterday we were chatting and preggers with them!
Miss Isabella 10 Nov 2010 :)
bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2012 at 7:19pm
Yes ive been MIA too, battling morning sickness and Millas birthday party - went well but was exhausting! 

My next project is finding a beach house to rent on the cheap for a weekend in late feb - dad just got made redundent and each year they take us on holiday for a couple of weeks - they can't do it this year because money is going to be tight so my brother and I have decided to at least hire a place for a weekend for us all (6 plus Milla).  Does anyone know of anyone who has a place driveable from Auckland?  We are trying to do something nice but then we are both tight on money ourselves! Hopefully we find something!

Lorna it will get better - but I can imagine how testing it is at the moment. Keep your chin up :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2012 at 8:21pm
Thanks Ladies, it is hard work at the moment but Ive decided to stop trying so hard to get him to sleep longer at night and just work on day sleeps, Ive also introduced formula top ups and hes taking at least 120mls from today after a feed from me, so that should help, hes not put on hardly any weight, so I think he may have been starving :( Feeling a bit less stressed but Im sure there will be more tears lol

I found 2nd time pregnancy a lot harder and more sickness too Alyssa, how far along are you now?

Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 7:45am
Wow Sem, the kitchen looks fantastic! I love how you always have flowers on tables at your house too. (Well, from photos that is!)

Sorry to hear that ms has hit you this time Alyssa, hopefully it eases off soon for you. The Radio Flyer Trike is a pretty cool ride - is Milla getting the hang of it already?

Hi Gerri, hope all is well with you and Isabella and that you're out enjoying a finished deck (you too Tamara - the deck that is!)

Yay for a little girl Hayley - may the shopping begin!

I enjoy the plunket checks too Werty, maybe we just have nicer nurses out this way :-)

I've given up on trying to get A to sleep longer at night or during the day either for that matter Lorna. I keep reminding myself that it's not forever, lol, I can't believe she's 7 months old today! (That must mean I'm half way to a good nights sleep right?) Still have so much to do in prep for J's party on Sunday - well, it feels like a lot for some reason. He's down to getting his Runna Bike and Trailer, his felt book (If I can find my misplaced material ) + 2 books and that's about it. Right, off to confiscate his hammer. (Do all boys love hammers? The banging drives me nuts, but when I bang something (last night it was a can on the bench) I get told I'm naughty which is quite funny!)

Hope everyone is well.

Des
bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 7:56am
I think I am 10 or 11 weeks, so hopefully it will ease soon!
Milla loves her radio flyer, she can get on and off by herself but cant quite reach the pedals - oh well shes sure to grow soon anyway!
She got so many fantastic presents for her birthday in particular from friends which has given me lots of ideas for future presents!
The trend was ELC toys they certainly have some good things there.
 I am really enjoying this age with Milla, she seems to entertain herself so well these days, uses words to communicate well and these put together just makes llife a wee bit easier!

Feels quite odd knowing im having a winter baby - I guess i can just stay indoors a lot but I did really like being out and about in the sun when Milla was only a few weeks old!
Brentons predicted a boy for this bub, he was right from the beginning last time, I kept chopping and changing.  It would be much easier if we have a boy because we wont have any name arguments haha.

Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 8:00am
I didn't stay inside with my winter bub Alyssa, just wrapped her up and off I went! She turned up at playgroup when she was 5 days old . I'm quite looking forward to her learning to crawl and maybe even walk over summer as she'll have so much space to practice and explore with her new skills. (She has started putting her bum in the air and pushing up).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 8:50am
As winter babies they are easier to wrap up and stay warm unlike their siblings, that wont keep hats on, coats, shoes etc lol And you get to really snuggle them when feeding rather than that sweaty arm we got in summer :)

bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 11:33am
haha true! I remember saying to brenton AHH its too hot to feed!!

Perfect then, positives to winter baby :D

Been to the zoo this morning, I AM ZONKED!  Evidently so was Milla she is asleep already (going to be a looooooooooong afternoon)
silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 4:05pm
I am not sure what is worse terrible pregnancy sleeps feeling sick half the night or night feeds! Today was my due date with s 2years ago and i have one month to this due date although i am hopong this baby will be 10days early and not 10 days late like s!!

I am looking forward to another summer baby but it won't be as easy to go on long walks with this baby well not at any decemt pace with s walking or scootering along.

I am going to be 37weeks pregnant for s's party next weekend so i am gojng as simple as possible! I am not expecting the baby to come that ealry but if she does it will allbe sshop bought food and cake!
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 8:45pm
It will get easier Lorna! Hugs in the meantime. Hug

Oh I remember how hot I was when feeding. I think I lived topless for weeks cause there was just no point putting one lol

All good here. E has a suspected case of Rubella so no daycare tomorrow. She's been a nightmare over the weekend and earlier this week but we've had perfect days for the past two days so all good. Her stupid molar is still sitting just below the skin so that isn't helping either. Nappies are FOUL. Once that one is here there are still 3 more to go. 

The questions have started here. "What's this?" for anything she hasn't seen or doesn't know what it is and "Who was that?" for anybody that calls or any stranger I speak to when out and about. Funny the first few times but it's loosing the cuteness factor pretty damn fast!
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 9:55pm
Bloody hell still only 8DPO Unhappy Thought I was doing well this month and not stressing or counting days but then I  thought I was much further in my days. 
Not much hope this time around anyway as husband was away when I think I ovulated. Wait and see I guess. 

Getting xmas presents sorted and not really sticking to my plan of only getting a couple of things! Oh well Big smile
No work tomorrow so am going to pull out some decorations! I don;t think E has any idea who Santa is so I have no idea how she will react when she sees one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 10:00pm
Quick update from me, Sam is doing sooooo much better with formula top ups, we have sleep thru the nights and way less crying when hes awake and according to my scales hes gone from 7.3kgs ish to 8kgs in 2 weeks :)

I went to plunket after my last post and he had lost weight and she referred me to the doc who then referred us to a Paed. Going to pop in to plunket tomorrow for another weight check but pretty confident we wont need the paed appt :) Alex did exactly the same at the same age.

sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 8:41am
Glad to hear that Lorna! Can't believe he is 5 month old already!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 8:48am
I cant either :) Are you testing Sem?

sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 8:54am
I did. Three times already and still only one stupid line...
chelles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chelles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:13pm
Lorna - yay Sam! Glad the sleeping is improving.

Sem - fx for that second line!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 3:08pm
Bugga Sem :(

Sam is now 7.8kgs 600gs increase in 2 weeks, pretty stoked with that, Thank You formula top ups :)

bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2012 at 9:09pm
Yay thats good!

I havent done Millas 2 yearold plunket check. Was looking at my old plunket book - SO MUCH MORE THOROUGH than Milla's !

Midwife appointment tomorrow YAY will get to hear baby's heart!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16271628162916301631>