FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 526527528529>
Author
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 3:09pm
I find it really sad that our group isn't even on the list anymore hehe I know we have a facebook group but anyone still about? As I know not everyone was on the facebook group.

I still chat on ohbaby in other areas so thought I would just check :) miss the chat from before
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Sponsored Links

Sanealy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanealy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 1:38pm

Edited by BubbleBlue
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 8:22am
I second that WJ.. maybe we can resurrect it?? =)
kiwinz4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwinz4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 11:03am
I would like to join if it were resurrected?! Have lurked on this website for a while but there didn't seem to be any action for the December babies. I have a boy born 14th Dec, my first and am having trouble keeping him down in his cot now that he can move :)
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 2:39pm
Hi kiwinz4, glad there's someone to talk to =)

Have you tried a safe-t-sleep? The sleep store sell them, along with a sleeping bag that zips to a cot sheet which could be an option as well. Is he climbing out?

My daughter moves around heaps now too, but luckily it doesn't appear to affect her sleeping. She has just started chewing on the bars though, so have ordered a rail cover off trademe which hopefully will arrive soon (before she attacks any more paint!). Have just noticed that her first top tooth looks to be making an appearance so perhaps that has something to do with it.
kiwinz4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwinz4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 2:52pm
Hi niquey - I have heard about safe-t-sleeps but am unsure how they work? the sleeping bag that zips to a cot sheet sounds like a good idea, he is pulling up to his knees on the rails and/or crawling down to the bottom of his cot and getting cold (He's not on his feet yet). He used to be a fantastic sleeper so it's a bit of a change for me having him constantly wanting to move.

I hear you about the teeth, Reuben has 6 teeth and I have found chew marks on the cot that weren't there before ... will have to look into some rail covers too.
daisyboo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 3:01pm
hi hi, I woke up early in the morning the other day to find Liv staring into the monitor on her tummy in the cot! what a shock that gave me! The next night I put more blankets on her and she didn't roll anymore, maybe she couldn't since I made sure I tucked the sides of the blankets in.. haha
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 5:04pm
I use a sleeping bag without any additional bedding as Violet moves around heaps while she's sleeping so with the bag she doesn't lose any covers and get cold. I think the safe-t-sleep wraps around the entire mattress and you velcro them into it, meaning they can't move at all from their back. You could always start him off tucked in at the bottom of the cot, if you find he always crawls down..?

The cot rail covers arrived today and look great so hopefully they'll do the trick! Although knowing my luck she'll probably decide the chew the ends of the cot instead now..

Daisyboo - Violet has been sleeping on her tummy ever since she learnt to roll over, I always put her on her back but she obviously prefers to sleep the other way. It used to freak me out a bit too!
mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 10:44pm
hey there, just wanted to say I know what you are going through kiwinz4. Every time Alex wakes he sits up, and will often stand too. Of course he can't get himself down again so cries. I had thought about a safe-t-sleep but am reluctant to get him relying on something to then have to get him used to not having it later.
He's just started crying so must go settle him. Good luck with your little mover. Nice to see some chatter on here again
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:28am
Hey clobug, good to hear from you. I've been teaching Violet how to sit back down by herself which seems to be helping (she used to just let go and topple backwards!) but now she bends her knees and goes down slowly, so we've had a lot less head incidents which has been good.

We've been struggling with early waking recently.. she loves to wake up at the crack of dawn. It's getting very tiresome. I've tried lots of different things but nothing is working as yet. She always seems desperate for a milk feed so I'm not sure there's much I can do about it. Hoping it's just a phase.
Minkiwings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkiwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:05am
Hi all! Good to see some people are around.
Niquey we are thinking of having a birthday get together mid-december for the babies, are u interested in coming? I can pm u the details.

Sleep is going ok here, though if I leave Cameron awake in his cot long enough I'll go in to find him trying to break free of his safety sleep. He's crawling, pulling up and cruising at the moment and it seems to tire him out fine so he sleeps well, yay! After all that stuff I went thru at the beginning trying to get him to even sleep at all, getting so tired and delirious verging on insanity LOL! And now he is the perfect sleeper. The second baby really is easier to teach how to sleep.

He had terrible eczema too, on his face, head and hands, for months and months and I tried all sorts of creams, oils and ointments. My doctor insisted I stop using anything and just let it clear up on its own, as the stuff in those oils and creams just aggravate it. I was very, very skeptical. Anyway last time I went he just told me I had to stop using stuff and it would go away, I finally gave in and did just that. So that was 2 weeks ago and its completely cleared up, even what I thought was "teething cheeks" isn't really at all, his cheeks are fine and he's cutting 4 teeth all at once! So for those who are experiencing the same thing, maybe something to try. I wondered if it was a food he was eating, which may have aggravated it too if he already had it, but he's eating way more variety of food now than he ever was and it's still gone away completely.

Its's funny though, the doctor did prescribe some cream for some crusty rash he had on his hands which wouldn't clear up even though I wasn't putting anything on them (coz anything on his hands goes straight in his mouth). I put the cream on at night and put a sock on his hands so he wouldn't put it in his mouth. The eczema cleared up thankfully, but I've also had a horrible rash where I wore my wedding ring, which I ended up having to take off as it was too excrutiatingly sore to wear.. anyway that's cleared up too! Can't remember what its called right now.

What kind of toys are your bubbas enjoying playing with now?

Edited by Minkiwings
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 12:47pm
Hehe I so undertsnad the moving baby thing, Noah has been standing in the cot for months, before he could sit down again it was problematic, now he can do it himself it's slightly less so but it's the neverending battle. For that reason I still have to cuddle him till he's sleepy then put him in bed and he rolls over and goes to sleep, because if he's in a silly mood he will just stand up or play. Unfortunately he figured out how to undo the safe t sleep long ago.

He is walking everywhere now which is so cute, it has slowed him down for the moment as he doesn't walk as fast as he crawls lol but that will come. He is super clingy at the moment too, only wants me and wants to be held all the time. Separation anxiety I guess?

1 month till his birthday Im excited. Im happy to start the second year while I have loved seeing him grow this first year its been a really tough year in some ways so I am looking forward to a happier more enjoyable time.

Minki Noah plays with things like his ride on fire engine, walker, blocks, things he can put in and out of containers, I got him this jigsaw type foam number mat he loves pulling the pieces apart lol activity table but he also loves playing with pots and wooden spoons and bowls from the cupboard or ripping paper hehe anything goes.
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
kiwinz4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwinz4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 8:53pm
I'm not sure how the safe-t-sleep would go for that reason too Wiggly_jiggly. Reuben will take any opportunity when his clothes are off to try pulling his nappy off - can undo the velco tabs on both the cloth and disposable nappies and I think the safe-t-sleep is velcro too?

We also have our very first really snotty nose here - have been good so far with no real sickness apart from eczema. Any ideas on how to clear it up? He doesn't seem to be worried or overly sick, just a continuously running nose for over a week now which I also don't think is helping with the sleeping issue.

As for toys, we are currently into anything with wheels - any type of car, things with spinning balls in them and an RC fire engine are a big hit at the mo because Reuben can chase after it now
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 2:13pm
Violet loves all things with buttons or keys on them, especially remotes! She does have a habit of trying to change the channel to 666 though, it's quite amusing.

Kiwinz4 - The couple of snotty noses that we've had have seemed to have lasted for at least 5 days or so, but then cleared up on their on. Perhaps if he's still sick after the weekend you should take him to the doctor?

Minki - yes if you could let me know the details I'll try to make it thanks =)

WJ - good on you for having the patience to cuddle him to sleep, I just put Violet in her cot and walk away.. usually she falls asleep after 10 minutes or so. Actually I don't think she would let me cuddle her anyway, she hardly ever lets me cuddle her when she's awake, much preferring to push me away instead! Oh well, hopefully when she's a bit older she'll become a bit more snugly.

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend =)
mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 8:20pm
We just got back from 4 days at matarangi and Alex slept better there in the porta-cot than he had been sleeping at home. FX he keeps it up here. Had a lovely time on the beach though Alex ate so much sand his poo will be like sandpaper for a few days

kiwinz4 - Alex had his first proper runny nose a couple of weeks ago and he had it for at least a week before it slowly cleared. He hated me wiping the snot away! I felt so bad for him trying to feed when he couldn't breathe through his nose, though it turned out to be the best thing for clearing it a bit as he had to clear it to feed.

niquey - Alex often wakes quite early for a feed. If I'm lucky I feed him in the dark and quietly put him back in bed and get a little more sleep before I have to get up. I am not a morning person so I'll do anything to get a few more mins
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 12:51pm
Does anyone have any suggestions on what solids to feed for lunch? I always seem to give her the same thing every day.. Thanks
daisyboo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 1:15pm
avocado sandwich... I seem to give her the same thing everyday too! haha.. i think she expects avocado sandwich for lunch now, o oh?
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 10:02pm
Lunch ideas:
Pasta & tomato based sauce, macaroni cheese, soft boiled egg & toast soldiers, scrambled egg/omlettes, cruskets & jam/cream cheese/vegemite/cheese/peanut butter (be careful of allergies) etc, corn thins with above toppings, rockmelon with the skin still on (easier to hold), french toast, softened vege sticks like carrot, cucumber, avocado etc, toast/pita & hummus, sweetcorn fritters, cheese toasties, mini chicken drumsticks (they love to suck on the bone!), jacket potato... hmmm can't think of anymore at the mo, hope that helps?

niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 9:19am
Thanks for all the ideas wannabe, I'm sure Violet will be pleased to have something different than avocado for a change =)

ack I'm sooo tired at the moment. Violet seems to be going to bed later, waking up earlier, and sleeping way less during the day - no fair!

I can't believe it's only 8 weeks till xmas. This year has gone by so fast!
Minkiwings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkiwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 9:36am
Yes niquey time is going so fast! I can't believe my little girl, who was once the same age as violet, is nearly 3!! It goes all too quickly I'm afraid. As for lunch, what do u have? Maybe Violet wud like a little try too? :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 526527528529>