FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529
Author
twomuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twomuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2011 at 5:35pm
Hi

My names Tammy, im currently studing for my diploma in Photography. Hoping to find some newborns - 2 month olds to do some photos with. This will be free and will supply a disc with all photos.

Please email me on cruzandluka@yahoo.co.nz if you would be able to help me

Im in Auckland. :)

Thanks
Sponsored Links

snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2011 at 10:42pm
I keep forgetting to check on here after I revived the thread and all, lol

I usually give N something like cruskits with vegemite or avocado, or toast/sandwich with vegemite, jam or peanut butter, hard boiled or poached egg and toast, bread roll with something on and cut into triangle pieces, pasta/leftovers if there are any, pieces of fruit, raisins and or yoghurt to go along with it. Whatever really. At lunch I like to eat cream cheese or cottage cheese on cruskits which N can't have but other than that at dinner and breakfast we are all now eating the same things. It's so much easier

ETA I have also done the above on corn thins and rice wafers which he has liked

Edited by wiggly_jiggly
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 9:14am
Are you guys still giving milk first in the mornings, or solids? I give Violet a milk feed when she wakes up, as she always seems so desperate. But I'm thinking this might be contributing to the early waking perhaps because that's what she's expecting?

And Happy Halloween! Can't wait until Violet is big enough to go trick or treating =))

Edited by niquey
daisyboo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 10:30am
Niquey you could still go trick or treating now, it's for kids of all ages.. was thinking of dressing Liv up as Casper for the kids when they come knocking. Happy Halloween!!!
kiwinz4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwinz4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 10:08pm
Hmm, some good ideas here for lunches - better than our sandwiches. I usually give Reuben jam/cheese/vegemite/tuna/hummus sandwich or corn thins with fruit and/or yoghurt.
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:22pm
heh, why is it that no matter what time I put little miss down to sleep she still wakes up at 6am? I've been trying to make her bedtime later in the hope that she'll sleep in a bit more, but I think it's only resulted in her being more grumpy as she's tired the next day.

Has anyone taken their baby swimming in an indoor public pool? I wanted to start taking Violet to some swimming lessons but apparently the chlorine can cause asthma? DH has it so I'm a bit hesitant to do anything which might bring it on in Violet..
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 8:50pm
niquey I take my babies to swimming lessons (swimstation) but they use something else not chlorine in the water - the pool (and our skin) has no smell to it so it must be true Maybe you could ring around your local pools & ask if they use chlorine or not???

mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 8:49pm
That's interesting about the link between chlorine and asthma niquey. I took Chloe to lessons in a chlorinated pool from age 9-18 months, and we now go about once a month to Lloyd Elsmore in Pakuranga. I had childhood asthma and both MIL and SIL have asthma too, but thankfully Chloe hasn't showed any symptoms. From what I have read it is to do with the atmosphere in chlorinated pools, but that if you aren't taking them lots it shouldn't be problem. It shows up more in pool workers and competitive swimmers. The classes are usually only 1/2 hr.
I guess it's just something you are going to have to weigh up. If there is a non-chlorine pool you can get to that would obviously be great, otherwise maybe just take her every now and then so she gets some exposure to a pool - Alex LOVES it
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2011 at 10:02pm
I have been meaning to take Noah swimming but haven't got to it yet. My parents have a pool so Im sure he will have lots of swimming time in summer. There's so many things I am looking forward to doing with him. Can you believe my no longer a baby is turning 1 next Sunday!!!! I am having such a ball with him at the moment :)
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
kiwinz4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwinz4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 10:02pm
Just wanted to know if anyone else had comments about the size of their baby. Reuben is a big boy for his age but is in proportion and his plunket nurse isn't worried about it but I do get annoyed at peoples' comments. The other day we were at the doctors and another lady in the waiting room commented "We don't have to report you to the SPCA do we!" I know she meant well but it was kind of rude

As for swimming - we go every now and again just for fun, R loves it and we don't go frequently.
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2011 at 2:06pm
I'm not sure why people feel the need to comment, but that one is definitely well over the line!! Was she comparing him to an animal? (Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the animals, but come on..)

I used to get all sorts of 'well isn't she a big girl' type of comments about Violet when she was younger. And looking back I suppose she was quite chubby, but still..

WJ - Happy Birthday to Noah for tomorrow! I hope he enjoys his special day =)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529