FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedovulation question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ovulation question
    Posted: 02 May 2010 at 4:11pm
Im kind of new to this, i have no idea how to chart etc.

Just wanting to know how long you normally ovulate & when is the best time to BD?

Any other info like that would be good
Sponsored Links

tarns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 4:56pm
There isnt really a standard answer to your question.....I find it best to use OPK (ovulation prediction tests) they are like Preg tests but they test the levels of Luteinising Hormone in your urine. When the OPK goes positive then you will generally ovulate within 12-36 hours. The egg stays viable for about 24 hrs then if not fertilised you will get your AF in due course. Hope that helps a little.

A `normal' cycle is supposedly 28 days with ovulation occurring on Day 14 of your cycle but many many women do not have a cycle like this.

I wasn't sure if I was ovulating at all so I started charting (taking temp each morning). This is a bit of a pain, but a sure fire way to know exactly when (or if) you did ovulate that month.

BDing is best 5 days prior to ov, the day of ov and the day after as well.

GL
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:17pm
Hmmm ok, so going by my ticker that could mean today could be a good day to BD??

I havent really had a normal cycle lately so i have no idea if im ovulating at all. I guess i might give charting a go next month if AF is normal.
tarns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:21pm
Yep...if your ticker is correct hen now would be a good time to get busy

I know charting looks complicated...it nearly put me off ...but actually apart from putting in your temperature, Fertility Friend does all the rest.

Its amazing how many of us don't know exactly when we ovulate.....or thought we did then find out later that we have been timing things all wrong.

Heaps of nice ladies in the Charting Girls thread to answers any questions you might have
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:38am
I just signed up to Fertility friend last week it looks super involved which was putting me off but they have been sending me short lessons via email each day. I just sat down this morning and read the first 6 lessons in one go and was amazed at how easy the lessons make it seem. They give you a wealth of knowledge on your body and how and when ovulation occurs.

I totally recommend signing up to FF even if your not ready to chart reading the lessons is very eye opening and they are very short and simple. I haven't started charting yet am waiting for next AF.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:02pm
Ditto what you said about Fertility Friend. I thought I knew 'enough' before joining up, but now I know a whole heap more!

I used to do the quizzes with DP too, for all round involvement!
 Post Reply Post Reply