FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe tears have arrived

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:07pm
That is beautiful BK, thank you so much, it was perfect.
Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

Sponsored Links

MerlinFluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinFluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:41pm
Oh that poem got me blubbing again! So beautiful, I've saved it to my computer.
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:43pm
Merlinfluff there is another beautiful one in charting from TheKelly, page 286 that helped me too. Have a read.
Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:51pm
Hi Bobsta,

I am a good friend of Susyl's and wanted to express my deepest sadness for your news.

I went through what you have on 12th Feb this year (found out at 12 wk scan) and all I can say is please hang onto the knowlesge that you will, as each day passes, feel better and you will slowly start to heal. I feel teary thinking about what you're going through and thinking about how I'm nearly 3 months on. The pain is still there and I still grieve every now and then but I am so much stronger and positive and I know you will be too. I was a blubbering mess for the first couple of days and wondered how I'd ever get through this devastaing part of my life, but I did...and you will too.

You have a great attitude and I know too, when the time is right, you'll have a beautiful little baby.

Do not fear the D&C - I was so scared and cried right up until the point they put me to sleep. But the nurses will look after you well and I'm sure you won't take long at all to recover - one piece of advice though is just relax for a couple of weeks afterwards to let your body have the best chance of healing well.

There's not much more to say except you have so much support in these forums...life will get easier, you will smile and laugh again.

xoxox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinFluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:52pm
Oh!! Now I'm REALLY crying again. That was really really beautiful. Amazing how poems can move you so much

I love this one too, really describes how it feels to love the little one lost too early

Just Those First Few Weeks
By Susan Erling

For those few weeks -
I had you to myself
And that seems too short a time
To be changed so profoundly

In those few weeks -
I came to know you...
and to love you.
You came to trust me with your life.
Oh, what a life I had planned for you!

Just those few weeks -
When I lost you I lost a lifetime of hopes,
plans, dreams and aspirations...
A slice of my future simply vanished overnight.

Just those few weeks -
It wasn't enough time to convince others
how important and special you were.
How odd, a truly unique person has recently died
And no-one is mourning the passing.

Just a few more weeks -
And no 'normal' person would cry all night
over a tiny unfinished baby,
or get depressed and withdraw day after endless day.
No-one would, so why am I?

You were just those first few weeks my little one
you darted in and out of my life too quickly.
But it seems that's all the time you needed
to make my life so much richer
and give me a small glimpse of eternity.

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 5:01pm
Thanks Smiles. Hearing everyone say the D&C helped makes me feel better about it. I would just rather have it done now than have to wait. Can I ask how many days it took your body to recover from the D&C? I don't know what to expect. Naturally I will not be at work for the rest of the week but is it unrealistic to expect myself to be okay physically to go back on Monday next week if I have it done on Thursday?

Merlinfluff that is a really nice poem. I'm glad you are finding things to help your pain.

Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 5:14pm
My baby died at 11.5 weeks and to be honest I fel totally fine straight away after D&C - I felt I could've been back at work that day...but of course I wouldn't. General didn't make me feelsick..although I did sleep for 3 hours that afternoon so you do feel exhausted. But yes, I'd say you would definitely be "physically" ready for work on Monday if you have it done Thursday - but don't put pressure on yourself...just see how you feel.

I made the big mistake (it was really really dumb of me I know) of going to the gym 3 days post D&C ...I wanted to feel "normal" again and I am the most impatient person I know. Anyway BIG mistake and that's when the pain etc started....I was fine up until that point. So yes, please don't do what I did - just let your body rest...you deserve it after the ordeal you've been through. All up, it took my body about a week and a half to get back to normal .
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 5:20pm
That did make my laugh! No risk of me going to the gym
Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinFluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 5:29pm
I had the D&C 5 days ago, came through the general really easy, was physically back on my feet later that day (had op at 8am). I'd say you'd be fine going back to work the monday after, just take it very easy on yourself.

Only reason it seems I am feeling as terrible now as I am is picking up blardy norovirus from an outbreak at the hospital . Sheesh.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 5:51pm
to you Bobby Im here if you need...

+1 May 09 Angel
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:30pm
s Bosta. i really wish i knew what to say as you have always been so lovely and know just what to say but i honestly dont have the words

as you can see from all the posts we are all here for you no matter what you need
spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:50pm
Just wanted to add my support, I'm so sorry hon. Its such a horrible feeling, isn't it. Beyond words.

Be good to yourself, both you and your man, and if you need to cry, don't feel that you shouldn't.
I didn't have d+c so can't comment on that (Miso-Miss)
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:57pm
Oh my lovely Bobby... I dont think I have cried so much for someone in a long time!

As others have said, I found the D&C actually helped me, once the baby was out I could move on and think about starting again.

I too cried the entire time, I was crying until I went to sleep and I was crying when I woke up and tbh I still cry now....

The physical recovery is quite quick really, just like a really bad AF but you do have to look after yourself.

I had mine done a Monday & my intial dr's certificate from the hospital was for 2 days (including the monday) so obviously you are physically capable quickly but I took a week off (well from the previous thursday when we found out and the whole next week) as I couldnt stand the thought of my colleagues pity gazing at me.

I dont remember how long the cramps lasted but I do remember that the pads I got were scented and if I forget and get the same scented ones I vomit when i smell them.. funny nearly 2 years on and it still has that effect on me.

Hugs and hugs and hugs.

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:19pm
Thanks everyone, I am truly blessed to have you guys. I can't imagine someone having to deal with this alone and am thankful you guys have been there for me today.

This may be a really silly question but do I get a period right after the D&C?
Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinFluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:03pm
I was told my period would come between 4 and 6 weeks after my D&C. Most people seem to cycle pretty much as usual taking the D&C as the last day of your previous cycle, from what I've read. Hope that makes sense.

*hugs to you again*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:40pm
You will bleed, infact when you first stand up after the op you will be warned you may gush.. I did hear what she said and was quite shocked!

I had med to light flow for the first couple of days and then spotting on and off with a couple of days of light flow for 6 days. My first cycle was 40 days but many people just go right back to normal.

HTH, its not so much scary as just very heart wrenching but hopefully you get nurses and surgeon like I had who were so very caring and gentle with me. They even snuck DH into recovery as I was so distraught afterwards.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, there are other options other than a D&C that they will discuss with you tomorrow.

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 8:48am
Last night I was doing so well but then this morning the ms decided to come back. I've still been taking my pills for the nausea but this morning I had more vomiting again and just feel so sick. Isn't life mean sometimes, you'd think it would give me a break after everything. Not long to go now though before it's all gone though. I think I will be relieved as I've had time now to accept it. This morning when I woke up for a moment I didn't remember everything, then I did and it was like "ah, that's right" and I just lay in bed feeling the burden of sadness. Mornings must be my sad time and when I feel it the most. Writing helps though as it gives me a way to release things I feel rather than bottling it up. I don't expect you to reply to this, I'm just writing for me. Maybe I should start a blog instead of writing here, but I do like this place. I could treat this like a blog.
The appt is at 11am today. That's when they'll go through everything, and like Mel said give me all the options. Is there an option to have a healthy living baby? I don't think so. That's a shame. I would like that option. My SIL is coming with me today though. She's great, I'm lucky to have her.
I need to wash my hair but can't be bothered. I'm sure once the morning blues pass I'll be back to my normal self so don't worry too much that I'm getting too sad. It'll pass. oops, I have a few tears now. I don't even know why they're here. I've accepted everything but I just have lots of sadness. It's not a sadness for loss, or death, it's just overall sadness. I don't know, maybe letting all these feelings loose like this isn't good.
Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:16am

Hugs and prayers to you and your wee angel Bobsta hope today goes as well as can be expected. This thread/forum is for you to use as you need and grieve as you need to, what ever you are feeling will be normal grief don't feel you have to suppress it.
I'll be thinking of you today. Take care of yourself.

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:25am
Thinking of you today hun and its one of lifes cruelest thing that you keep having symptoms....

Hugs, hugs, hugs.

ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 11:28am
Your in your lil meeting with them right now id say so just know im thinking of you and praying that the lord receives your little one safely into his arms to wait for you.

Much love hun!!

CHEM 6/12+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>