FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDid you keep everything?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aprilfools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aprilfools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did you keep everything?
    Posted: 13 May 2010 at 1:14pm
Hi ladies,

I'm just wondering if some of you will share with me what you did with your scan pics and tests or whatever else. I have a drawer that I haven't opened for a coupe of months now and the scans are stuffed behind the closet and I don't know what to do with them. I need to get back to normal and being scared of a drawer or a closet is not going to help that.

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 1:20pm
For my ectopic and normal miscarriage I threw it out. For Jared I have a box with that kinda stuff in it.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 1:39pm
why dont you bundle them all up and tie them with some nice ribbon and then decide what to do with them...

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 1:47pm
I didn't get a scan pic, there wasn't much to see with mine just a tiny empty sac but I think if I had been a bit further along and there had been more in there when they scanned I would probably keep the picture and put it with the keepsake boxes that I have for the boys.
If you have a loft maybe you could put them all in a box and put them up there, that way they aren't anywhere that you come across each day but they will be there if you ever do feel like looking at them.

Aprilfools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aprilfools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 1:56pm
I don't really want to look at them but I feel a bit heartless throwing them away, but if I keep them there then I think I should at least look at it and acknowledge it and then hide it back behind the closet. It's bugging me.

littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 2:51pm
Mine are in a cupboard - I really have no intention of keeping them but just not quite ready to throw them away.
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 4:02pm
I have a little box with silly keepsake kind of things in it, I only look at it maybe once a year if I'm feeling sentimental. I have put my record book (the green one from the MW) and the scan picture from my early 7wk scan when bubs was all good, never got one from my bad 12wk one. I went on a bit of a rampage just after my mc and threw out anything to do with pregnancy or babies, these were the only 2 things I thought I might regret throwing out. Althought I haven't actually looked at them since, I like knowing they are there if I want to.
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by littlestar littlestar wrote:

Mine are in a cupboard - I really have no intention of keeping them but just not quite ready to throw them away.

Me too. I sometimes still look at them if I happen to be in the cupboard looking for things or getting something.
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 6:03pm
I dont have scan pics but I have a shoe box with HPT and my hospital bracelet from the D&C and some booties that were given to me and cards both for pg and loss etc... I cant throw them away. Thats my first child and I will never get to meet them and its all I have...

But thats just me.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 6:27pm
I didnt get far enough along for a scan both times, but the HPTs I threw out as soon as I mc'd each time since they were not the ones I wanted to keep... I kept Jaes ones, but if anything had happened to her, I would have thrown those out too... I have the memories of what happened, and I will never forget... I dont need the tangible reminders as well
Brandon - 05/12/2003

babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 6:49pm
I only have a scan pic from number 3 m/c, the others were too early. Picture is in my draw somewhere, I haven't thrown it away yet nor have I looked at it either. Not sure what I'll do yet. I dont need the scan pic anyway, I can remember that day as clear as mud - never forget its little heart beating away in there! I have a little teddy bear that the nurses gave me before my D&C, thats on my dresser and I will keep that.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:32pm
Ive kept my HPT, was too early for photos or MW book. I have my hosp bracelet from going to A and E too somewhere... I like having something to remind me that it did happen and wasnt just a dream...

+1 May 09 Angel
Princess_Bubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Bubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 10:46am
I bought a book from Amazon called "In the Company Of Angels" which I've kept the scan photos I do have in, and have also started to write in.

Even if you don't get a book I think it's a nice idea to write down the happy memories. e.g How you found out you were pregnant, how you were feeling, day trips you went on, any concerts, or outings etc (My lucky bub came to Cliff Richard, Ronan and Backstreet boys) I think it's just nice to remember that stuff, I remember feeling on top of the world and how it felt to have a little life growing in in my tummy. I I think it's nice to remember and honour what few memories you have so in the future when you want to think about your lost angel, you'll have something physical to look at too.

Two Precious Angel Babies 2010 / 2011
kellyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 6:24pm
Hi,
I bought a pregnancy journal when I found out I was pregnant - thought it would be cool to record details of my pregnancy for when the baby grew up, and also for me and Ella (my 20month daughter) and any other siblings.

I found out at the 12 week scan that the baby had died. I didn't ask for a picture from the scan at the time as I was so upset.

I have since turned my pregnancy journal into a remembrance journal. I requested a picture from the scan, and got all my hCG results from the doctors which I have put in my journal. I have also found some lovely quotes and poems which I have put in it, and I have written my own note to my baby.

I also put the cards from the flowers I received after the M/C in there. I have a couple of sympathy cards, and the book from the midwife, so I will buy a pretty box and put it all in. I am still working on it - I wrote like a diary entry after the miscarriage, and I will probably keep it "open" until I get UTD again.

I also got a small angel charm which I attached to the front.

Once I know my next pregnancy is safe, I will put away until another time when I want to look at it. Hopefully I won't need to write anymore details about other m/cs.

It will then be a place I can go to remember my lost baby, and look at everything from that time of my life. And it will be there for Ella and her potential siblings when they get older and are interested in the baby that never quite made it into the world.

Hope that helps you.

Edited by kellyd
 Post Reply Post Reply