FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTelling people you are TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Telling people you are TTC
    Posted: 18 May 2010 at 4:51pm
Have you told people?? Family & friends etc.

No one knows i am TTC apart from friends who are on Oh Baby. I dont really want people to know but its good having a few people i can talk to irl if need be.

Sponsored Links

MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:03pm

I haven't needed to tell people, they have all assumed it on their own lol. I've wanted kids for ages and once DH and I got married in feb last year they have all been expecting an announcement. We have confirmed to a few people that we are trying. mostly friends and my family, DH's mum hasn't had it confirmed cause she would have an OPINION and it would be different for both him and me . Love her to bits but seriously!

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:31pm
Yes, I have told most people apart from the ones who I know would be annoying about it and ask about it all the time - like our parents!
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:05pm
Only told one close friend who was TTC at the time aswell, except from that no one knows but I guess they all assume.
If they ask I just casually brush them off and change subjects quick - so all you ohbaby girls are super special knowing my little secret
TTC for 4 1/2 years
IVF #1 - April 2012 short BFP, no frosties
IVF #2 - August 2012, BFP!! 3 frosties!

bumblebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumblebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:39pm
Yea im the same as ladybee, have only told one girl at work, and when people ask when we are gonna have babbies i just say one day then change the subject too
[URL=http://lilyslim.com][IMG]http://swlm.lilyslim.com/xSCep12.png][/URL]

[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb1m.lilypie.com/yjadp12.png][/URL]
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 8:09pm
I havent told anyone and dont want to but DP wants tell his best mate we are TTC. only 1 person knows i have had my IUD taken out (one of my best mates but he doesnt want to ask anymore about 'female' things lol)

like bumblebee when asked about kids i just say one day........
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 11:32pm
I only told my very close friends that care and wouldnt bug me about it. And when people asked us we also said 'one day'
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 11:33pm
When I was trying in Nov last year I didnt tell anyone. My DF and I kept it really hush hush.
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 7:23am
we are only just starting TTC but i don't plan on telling anyone for now because we are young and if it takes a while i might not handle the pressure from people constantly asking if we are pregnant yet because they assume that we would get pregnant straight away..
so for now i will just talk to you girls
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 7:54am
I told my mum we're gonna start trying in September, just coz I was bursting with excitement when we decided and had to tell someone
First time, mine and DH's mums knew and a few friends.
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 11:45am
I'm 33 so saying "one day" or "we are thinking about it" doesn't work for me anymore because I get the response "well don't wait too long, you're not getting any younger"
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 12:27pm
I usually just say we can't afford it. People can't really argue with that (it isn't true but they don't know that!)
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:02pm
Yep, I'm the same as you - I haven't told family, only friends on Ohbaby know. Although I don't think my family will be surprised when I do get pregnant!
mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 8:07pm
I'd rather no one new.
I was sprung by a dear but too-many-questions friend. She asked, and clearly I left too much of a pause, and well. . ..
Now she asks me every week or so how it's going.
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 8:44pm
just wanted to add my 2 cents, we told our parents we were trying as im really close to my mum and we live on the same property as the IL's and rent cheap a cottage on it from them and wanted to make sure they knew what the future held and that sort of thing, i also told my very best friend as i knew these people would support me when i felt down at the end of every BFN....now my BFF is throwing me the best baby shower i could ask for and will most likely be her god mother no that she knows this yet, but shes already an honourary aunty! other than this though no body knew till we were actually preggo

CHEM 6/12+
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:30pm
my mum knows and my best friends know ,they are C and Ty's godmums and have been through me through the good and the bad , I need them to know cos I'll need their support just as ive always done if the journey is a hard one

Blondes_Away View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondes_Away Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 7:05am
We haven't told anyone. It will lead on to all sorts of other questions that we're not prepared to give an answer to yet (i.e. when are you coming home?).

It's nice to be on OB & be able to share the TTC experience without the hassles!
DS1 January 2011
August 2012

_Lou_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Lou_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 8:24pm
We're the same, not telling a lot of people, can't be bothered dealing with all the questions! Its amazing as we only got married 7 weeks ago, and people LOVE to ask as soon as we got married! At this stage we are lucky just saying we want to be married and enjoy "us" time for a bit (although we are TTC!) and most people just accept that
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 8:00pm
Hi Ladies
I've been TTC for nearly 4 years now. I have been very open with my friends & family about your journey right from word go.
I unfortunately have had a lot of trouble TTC, but in some ways this has helped a few of my friends. Since I have been so open about our journey & struggles, I have been able to help some friends while they have began the infertiltiy journey.
When I found out I was "infertile" I didn't know anyone who had personally been through IVF etc, so being in these forums helped a huge amount!
Good luck & baby dust to you all
TTC#1 since Aug 2006
Me: 27 + PCOS + DH: 38 + low morph
12 x Clomid cycles
4 x IUI
2 x IVF ICSI = BFP on 2nd round!
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 2:06pm
Yeah I told heaps of people, didn't see any reason to hide it, we were trying for 18 months and it helped to have the support of everyone.

I also agree with trying4no1 about helping out others who are now trying...it is so much easier to be open and honest about these things so that you don't feel so alone out there!

Oct 11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>