FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow long...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
coopersmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long...
    Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:43pm
Hi ladies, quick question if you don't mind..

How long did it take for you to find you balance with meds??

I am going through uping citalapram at the mo, with dizzys to help me through... Am thinking it might not be the drug for me, but am giving the citalapram a chance as I know it can take weeks to get the full affects. Have just upped to 60mg as of today, heres hoping!

Thought it might of some help to others aswell.

Hope everyone is taking care of themselves xo
Sponsored Links

anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:57pm
Hi - wow 60mg seems fairly common. I am only taking 20mg and my Dr is reluctant to increase it and I have to say I'm not doing too well. He reckons it takes 3mths and it's already been 2mths and I feel a bit better but not enough. Maybe it's coz of the initial anxiety I felt that makes him reluctant to up it? I don't have a lot of confidence in my GP to manage my PND well.

Anyway that's no help to you (except for the 3mth thing my GP said) but I'm looking forward to hearing others' experiences.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2010 at 8:33pm
Thats no good newlywed!! I changed GPs to find someone who could help me manage my PND (prob read in other posts) Strange that he won't increase it! As far as I understand its more about how your body motabolises the drug rather than uping it as to 'how bad' your PND is. I had my dose upped from 20mg to 40mg after 4weeks, then up to 60mg after 2 weeks. I also got diazapam to help me through in between times till I get to the 'right' dose. Maybe you could talk to you GP about it?? Do you have a plunket family centre you could vist?? Often they have Drs they work with, could be of benefit??

Sorry to hand out loads of advice.. Take what you like, such a hard thing to find help for I want to help everyone now!!
1st_Time_Preggies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st_Time_Preggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 9:18am
Newlywed, have you been referred to Maternal Mental Health??? They are VERY experienced with PND and meds so might be able to give you some advice. My GP started me on a whole tablet right off the bat and I had HORRENDOUS anxiety. When I spoke to MMH, they were shocked, saying I should have started on a 1/4!!!!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 12:40pm
my doc said 1/2 or a whole depending on how quick to see results.. so i dont think that's unsuual..mind you noone seems to get referred to MMH here..i certainly never got offered it anywhere which is disapoointing.. I am on 20 and have been since 24 weeks preg.. took 1-2 months to feel better properly.. though i still have my days but i think that's hormonal..

what are dizzys? Most eveyrone i know is on 20..so not sure after that..

Edited by ElfsMum
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 1:37pm
Sorry, Diazepam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 11:02pm
So I think I have finally found that place I want to be! Yay! Has been 6weeks since I started on Citalipram and am now on 60mg, but I feel like the old me! Still have my moments of course but things are much better.

There is hope, and go the meds
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 11:45am
That is great to hear coopersmum. Citalopram is great.
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 7:48pm
aw that's awesome

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 10:05pm
I am now in the process of changing GPs and will request a referral to MMH... thanks ladies.
 Post Reply Post Reply