FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOvulation pains

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ovulation pains
    Posted: 13 July 2010 at 5:52pm
How long do you normally get them for? And is it good to BD a day or 2 after you have had them, or just before??? TIA
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 8:20pm
I have that same question.....

I think I get them from a half a day up to a day?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 8:27pm
I would start BDing before and keep going till a few days after to cover all bases
Can't help about how long you have pains for though as I don't get them...
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 8:53pm
DP read somewhere about bding every 2nd day before and after so they have time to replenish themselves but don't know how true/accurate that is?

Certainly no harm in doing it before and after like Rach said
Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 8:54pm
i seem to get them for the day but mild just enough to know its ovulation.. as far as i know its best to BD as soon as you feel them but i am sure BDing over the next couple of days will cover you bases
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 9:36pm
so can you get them over 2 days? or would it be something else?
VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 9:49pm
You can get them for a few days.

Some women get ovulation pains pre-ov, during ov (feeling the egg release and all) and post-ov, or sometimes throughout it all!
I can get ovulation pains for up to a week.

I'd go with what Rach says, BD before, asap when you feel them and for a couple of days after just to be on the safe side

Edited by VioletStar
Formerly Wishin41
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 9:58pm
If you don't mind me asking VioletStar how bad are your ov pains? I have been getting pains in my lower abdomen, central and left side and they last for about a day or two and are really bad, double over, make me vomit bad. Had them 4 times now over the last 8-9mths and non of the GPs know what the pain is, someone suggested ov pain. I have never had ov pain before and I am currently bfing, AF hasn't arrived yet

ETA: sorry to thread-jack

Edited by Linzy
Lindsey

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 10:06pm
I get them for about 3 or 4 days sometimes, mine are quite strong and I usually ovulate about 2 days after getitng them and then keep getting the pain for another few days.
I get cramping and a weird dull ache on both sides just above my hip bones. Some months its quite bad and I have to take panadol and use a heatsack, I hate it :( but at least I'll know when to BD when we TTC our next

VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 10:19pm
When on Clomid (which would stimulate my ovaries hard out), I honestly felt bruised to the core, hip to hip and it made everything I did so uncomfortable! So you can imagine how excited I was to BD lol.
Natural ovulation was pretty sore too!

Sounds like ovulation pain, ovulating from your left ovary but since you haven't had AF yet, I'd say they wouldn't be. If you ovulate you'd expect AF a couple of weeks after, when you ovulate your progesterone levels rise.. when your progesterone drops if the egg isn't fertilised that's when AF arrives.
Could well be your body trying to ovulate or infact attempting to have an AF.
You can have all the signs of ovulation and not actually ovulate... it's a real tease!

Hope that's helped? I'm tired so therefore I waffle on lol

Edited by VioletStar
Formerly Wishin41
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 3:54pm
i get ov pain for usually about two days and think i ov on the second day of them, my implantation pain felt exactly the same tho!!

CHEM 6/12+
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 8:20pm
Thanks heaps. I was starting to get concerned as one GP suggested it could be an appendicitis but since my other GP mentioned ov, as well as my Mum, plus the info you ladies have given me I am not so concerned anymore
Lindsey

Post Reply Post Reply