FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcan’t sleep (zopiclone sleeping tablets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
janda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can’t sleep (zopiclone sleeping tablets
    Posted: 20 July 2010 at 10:24am
hi, not sure if i've ever posted before but have been diagnosed with pnd. started off with alot of crying, anxiety and being overwhelmed ... now i can't sleep. If i do get to sleep i wake up after 30 mins or an hour and can't get back to sleep. Was taking a herbal tincture, but not working. Saw dr yesterday who give me sleeping tablets (zopiclone) ... had it at 10pm and slept till 2am, then just dozed rest of the night. Anyone else taking zopiclone. I figured thats the longest stretch my bodies done, so hopefully tonight I'll sleep longer. Revist dr on fri, to reassess. Also plunket PND nurse came to visit me. So i am feeling confident about perhaps going ahead with antidepressants when i see dr on fri. Just need to be able to sleep (it scares me that i am struggling to sleep and stay asleep).
I am breastfeeding, but have formula if bubs wakes inside 5 -6 hours of taking the zopiclone.

(sorry for bad typing, am breastfeeding at the same time)
Sponsored Links

mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 10:53am
Hi Janda! Sorry to hear about the tough time you have been having. I hope you feel better soon!

Yep I've taken Zopiclone, and know a fair few other people who have been or are on it too. It's a shorter acting sleeping tablet than some of the other ones- it works best for getting you off to sleep but does wear off during the night.

I found that after a few nights of my body being helped to sleep by the pills, it sort of got into a habit of being able to sleep again so even though I didn't have a higher dose of the sleeping pill, I start sleeping longer.

Don't feel bad about taking the anti-depressants if you do decide to! As I'm sure the plunket nurse told you, they can really help and the sooner you feel better the sooner you can get on with life again and enjoy your baby How old is your little one?

Good luck on Friday at the doctors- let us know how you get on!

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
janda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 12:18pm
Hi mummytobesept08. Thanks for replying. I spoke to the nurse at my dr's clinic as I had of thought I'd sleep longer than I did ... but admittly yesterday I was running around all day with dr's visit, school pickups, buying bottles etc incase bubs woke during the 5 hours that I couldn't breastfeed, and rushing all evening to make sure I was ready, steralising bottles, getting in PJs prior to bubs finaly feed ... so I wasn't calm and relaxed. In fact I was so nervous, I had hot flushes, and I asked hubby to sit with me in the bedroom while doing bub's final feed before I took the table and hopped into bed ... so tonight I will try and be relax and calm and not rushing around.

Bubs is only 5 1/2 weeks old, but has been doing a 5 to 6 hour stretch at night, so that's when I'm meant to take the sleeping tablet. Dr wants the final feed to be formula to help ensure a decent sleep from her (although not guranteed) so she had formula then I breastfeed her and let her have a wee suckle and off she went to bed.

Am hoping it won't affect my milk supply 2 much to may go and hire an expressing machine from plunket 2day.
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 12:46pm
Hi Janda *hugs* I've been where you are and it does get better!

I took zopiclone for about 8 months in conjunction with diazepam (both at night) and citalopram (in the morning).

I found my anxiety was so bad that zopiclone on it's own wasn't enough for me to sleep all night. I would also wake up about 1/2am and be in a panic attack until sunrise. I slowsly weaned myself off the zopiclone with my GP's help about 6 weeks ago.

I was anti using any drugs at first and also tried the natural remedies too. My best advice is to keep a diary of how each night goes (even just brief notes) and keep in close contact with your GP and show him/her your notes so they can get the full picture of what's happening. I found I was so exhausted that I couldn't remember what medications where/were not helping as there was a bit of juggling around until we found the right combo for me. It was then so easy when I saw my GP to show her the notes and she could read which nights were good or bad depending on what I'd taken and it took the pressure off me trying to remember so much stuff

*hugs*!!! Please feel free to pm me if you want any more info or have any Q's
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
janda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 1:03pm
Thanks Brenna! Were u breastfeeding with the zopiclone? If so how did you manage it? My plan of action with the zopiclone is:
- Final feed is a bottle of forumla, so luckily she eneded up taking the bottle from hubby (but gave a breast after bottle to suckle/comfort etc)
- Once bubs off to bed, I have the tablet and go straight to bed
- If bubs wakes within 5 hours formula, if after 5 hours a breastfeed

And is this inability to sleep and stay asleep typcial with PND?

What about hot flushes? I realise now I have been getting those a lot in the evenings ... it just started out as me being hot or clammy, while everyone else is cold.   In fact I had been asking hubby it if was hot or cold so I could work out how to dress bubby for bed becuase I just had no concept of temperature.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 7:48pm
Your plan sounds pretty good janda. I did a similar thing- I'd take my meds at 9pm and bubs would have that feed as formula from a bottle. She was a bit older though (started this at 3 months) but cuz I was taking so many meds I felt better with her not getting the most of them. They tend to peak in the blood system a few hours after you take them.

Troubles with sleeping is definitely a sign of Depression- difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, waking lots during the night, waking too early...I found it was really the lack of sleep that made me crack because it would take me so long to go to sleep (at my worst, almost 3 hours) that by the time I dropped off, Charli-Rose was ready to wake up again!

The hot flushes could be hormonal or maybe a side effect of the drugs? I got them but it was from a different medication (venlafaxine/effexor)

Good luck tonight, I hope you get some good sleep

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 11:51am
I had zopi which was great at first. over time it stopped working for me so I ended up switching. It is really good at getting you to sleep when I was suffering from anxiety with my depression. now I seem to have swung the other way with my prenatal depression and am spending 13hrs+ sleeping.
janda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 1:53pm
Thanks all.

Anyone else breastfeed when taking zopiclone?

Yesterday I decided I wasn't going to wait until friday, so made an appt and saw doc first thing this morning to start meds for PND. She said the waking even after taking zopilcone was a good diagnosis in itself. She thought I'd have to stop breastfeeding, but I mentioned the www.mothersmatter.co.nz site that the PND plunket nurse had told me about, and was happy to see that I could take citalopram. She also seems to think now that it doesn't matter if bubs wakes during 5 hours after zopiclone and needs a breastfeed

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 1:59pm
that is great news zanda, and good on you making the decision
janda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 2:13pm
Thanks ... still saw my naturopath today as appt made over a week ago, but she is pleased to here I've started PND meds. So she is going to support me just through diet and nutrition now. So no more sleep tinctures etc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 7:54pm
that's great to hear! I hope you feel better real soon

nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 8:50pm
I'd really encourage you to get on the anti-depressants because once you've found the correct medication and dose they will help to resolve your anxiety and sleep issues and you can concentrate on weaning from your zopiclone. The reason I say that is for two reasons - first is that zopiclone actually makes depression worse in the same way that alcohol makes depression worse. They are both downers. So they kind of fight against the benefit of your medication. Secondly, once you rely on sleeping pills to get yourself to sleep - it's difficult for you and your body to be able to naturally get yourself to sleep.

HOWEVER, lack of sleep makes anxiety worse so sometimes it's a case of a balancing act. If I were in your shoes, I would try to see if you could manage on less Zopiclone once your anti-depressants are working well and if not, to only take them when you need them if you are able to do that. However, if you're not - a huge lack of sleep won't help you.. See how you go!!
janda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 5:00pm
Hi. Just wanted to update and say that I am so pleased I started on meds ... I can't believe how much better I feel. I started on citalopram slowy working up to 2 a day (40 mcg) nearly 5 weeks ago. I've also stopped taking sleeping tablets (zopiclone) about a week and a half ago by weaning off them starting with 1/2 a tablet and working down to 1/4 tablet. I certainly couldn't relive the early weeks of PND, particularly the week I got diagnosed and started meds, as that was the week I felt it started spiralling out of control ... it took a good 3 to 4 weeks for the a/d meds to kick in, and the insomina was extreme ... I literally was a walking zombie until adrealin kicked in and kept me going. If I hadn't of sought help I'd hate to think where I'd be now. PND is certainly a journey.
Emmy187685 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmy187685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 8:51pm
I've been taking zopiclone 7.5mg sporadically for a few years now. I do order my pills here because of high-quality products they have: http://www.generic-meds-store.com/ I find they work fine but I usually don't take them every night, only when I feel the need. I normally try to get off to sleep naturally and if that's not working I take a pill (7.5mg) per night. But sometimes I wake at 3 or 4 and can't get back to sleep in which case I just take half a tablet and fell asleep instantly. They give me no side effects except terrible taste in my mouth.
Good luck all X
Ebba206472 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebba206472 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:47pm
Hi there,
I have been taking Zolpidem for occasional insomnia for over one year now buying them from the site above. It worked great in treating my insomnia and I loved it at first because I was finally able to get a good night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed. When I take this medicine I fall asleep within 15 or so minutes and am able to sleep 7 or 8 hours. I love it !!
ronanwilson233885 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronanwilson233885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 10:16pm
My personal experience with zopiclone is awesome and it is really very effective to get good sleep at night. I would to recommend all to buy zopiclone online if you are facing problem of insomnia.
Steven267785 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven267785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 10:59am
Zopiclone is the most used and the most effective sleeping pill to get better sleep between you to have an anxiety disorder. Zopiclone is the active component of the medications that are used for getting better sleep for a long time. Zopiclone is the most buying medication online in the UK. It has shown much better results to consumers. You can buy Zopiclone 7.5mg online in the UK, Australia, Canada, USA, New Zealand, etc. At, Smartfinil pharmaceutical available at a cheap price. You can get products at an affordable price with top quality.

Edited by Steven267785 - 25 June 2021 at 11:04am
olivia268248 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivia268248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2021 at 5:48am
Zopiclone is a type of sleeping pill that can be taken to treat bad bouts of insomnia. It helps you fall asleep more quickly and also helps stop you from waking up during the night. You can Buy Zopiclone from alldayawake.com.
Sleep is a very important factor while you are working in different shifts. If you are unable to get sleep after completing shift work you can use Zopiclone 10mg of Zopiclone 7.5mg.
 Post Reply Post Reply