FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNatural killer cells

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2manytimes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2manytimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natural killer cells
    Posted: 06 August 2010 at 10:29am
Hi, I have just had my 9th unexplained miscarriage in 2 years after having 2 children. This one made it to 12 weeks. I'm about 95% sure that these have been caused by natural killer cells as all the other tests have come back normal and NKCs explain every one of my losses. In the States it is treated with IVIg with a success rate of 80% but doesn't appear to be done here. Has anyone had this and been treated for it or gone on to have a successful pregnancy? I'm wondering whether to just give up.
Sponsored Links

didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 11:05am
Welcome 2manytimes I am so sorry to hear about all your losses.
This has been talked about on here a bit in another forum, as one of the other girls on here believed this to be her issue too hopefully this link will take you straight to the correct page NKC link
Please bear with me if it doesn't work.
From memory I think over here they treat it much the same as other immune issues that relate to MC which I think is pretty much baby asprin, heprin, progesterone & steroids (I think Prednisone) to suppress the immune response.
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
2manytimes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2manytimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 2:05pm
Thanks for that, yes it was the right page
 Post Reply Post Reply