FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOnline Journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Online Journal
    Posted: 09 August 2010 at 9:59pm
Using the online Journal on the www.depression.org.nz - I just wanted to know if anyone wanted to support one another while trying to achieve some of the tasks they set for you as a type of plan/programme for people with depression?

I have done the first one where you set goals for some activities you enjoy and I have two weeks to do them in.

The first goal I have is to return to singing in band at church, which I have done - first time a couple of weeks ago... and I am singing this Sunday.

The second goal I have is to go to homegroup - really just hanging out with friends from church while my husband takes care of DS. I really enjoy just hanging out with people and I rarely do this without DS... so I'll do that on Wednesdays.

Anyone else interested in doing this with me?

Sponsored Links

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 12:55pm
I am nathansmummy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 2:08pm
I have just done the first one now.
My first goal is to do about an hour of long stitch which I intend on doing today. I havent done any for over a month.

My second goal is to spend an hour reading tomorrow which I also have not done for at least a month.

Time to get off the couch and out of my pyjamas to put a load of washing on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 7:20pm
Great Amme. How did you find it by the way? I thought it was pretty good. How did you go with your long stitch today and what is it?

Anyone else is welcome to join us. Be good to discuss it and see if it makes a difference!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 9:34pm
it was suprisingly good. i wasnt expecting it to be as good as it was. I did about 45mins, didnt make the whole hour as i had to dash out. Are you going to home group tomorrow?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 1:08am
That's great - yes, that's the plan!! Quite a busy day tomorrow so I hope I don't pyke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 8:36am
you will have me to answer to if you do

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 11:42pm
hehe - I did go despite feeling tired. Was phoned by DH as DS is sick and had woken up at 9:30pm and he couldn't get him back to sleep! But that was ok it was pretty much over by then. Had a good time!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 2:08pm
yay, well done nathansmummy.

i slacked off and didnt do my reading but I did sewing instead because I actually felt like it so I guess that counts

Edited by amme_eilyk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 5:59pm
I just did the second module and I chose the healthy eating task. You will see when you get up to it, there are about 4 things to choose on. I was a little disappointed as the focus was more on dinner than eating regularly throughout the day which is what I am struggling with. I am eating very little at the moment, not well and regularly. with the exception of dinner when dh is home to help.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 6:00pm
for got to add that I am meant to be cooking on the next two monday nights.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 1:27am
Hmmm that's intriguing. I am not up to that yet because it is in my schedule for next week. However, I just realised that I haven't had any reminders by email like they promised!

I have to say my eating is really bad and so is my sleeping routines. I will have chocolate as a meal sometimes and often easy to cook stuff because I don't have the motivation to cook. DH works a lot in the evenings so when he's home, he cooks... otherwise I'm cooking a great deal. When I'm organized I do crockpots and it's about as healthy as I get.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 11:51am
i didnt get the emails either. but i did get the text messages. apparently its shopping day today.

I have had mini cinnamin donuts for meals lately as they take 1 min in microwave for a pack. I had marshmellows for lunch yesterday lol. So I am starting making a real effort. Thus far this morning I have had coco pops. Probably not the most healthy thing in the world but it is probably the first time in over a month I have had breakfast. I am trying to decide what to have for lunch, either american hot dogs or pita bread pizzas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 7:17pm
I'm meant to be singing tomorrow with the band. I really do love it but I have to practice up a song that I don't know and have left it to the last minute because DS has been sooo bad at sleeping - last night kept me up most of the night because he's been sick. DH sick as well and now I'm starting to feel off colour - so I don't know if I'll manage it.
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 10:47pm
I just started the online journal tonight. I have to play a game tonight and tomorrow go to the park. But that will depend on the weather. I tried to cheat and skip forward in the journal, which I now know you can't. Damn it, they must have wised up to depressed people trying to speed through things like that.

Right, I should find a game to play quickly before bed to complete my task.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 4:05pm
lol escadachic. I tried that too.

how did you go yesterday nathansmummy?

I ended up attempting to do bolognaise last night the meal that I chose and it didnt end up too well DH ended up cooking it for me. As the smell of mince cooking sent me running to the bathroom. ARRRGH mornign sickness. I tried though and would have done it if not for that so I am pretending that it counts.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 6:09pm
Oh no you are still getting MS amme? Mine stopped at week 13 as if by magic!!

Well I sang in the morning but I opted out in the evening - I just didn't feel well enough. If it wasn't for the extra sleep I've been having I know that I would feel worse but I def woke up with a sore throat this morning and a bit of a cough and generally not feeling good.

So I guess I can do my Online Journal again as soon as DH gives me some time to do that.. Glad you are joining in chic    I tried doing the second one straight after the first but it wouldn't let me lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2010 at 8:21pm
yay nathansmummy, looks like we are going well.

yes unfortunately I am still getting it, havent thrown up for 9 days and counting though fingers crossed. I still pretend that it will go away although i'm nearly 19 weeks now.

how did you go with your game and trip to park chic?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 8:10pm
have you done anything on this lately nathansmummy? i have kind of fallen off the wagon
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 11:29am
I must admit I haven't done it lately.

I thought it was supposed to send us reminder emails when we've had time to finish our activities.

Post Reply Post Reply