FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSCARED!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 2:44pm

Good for you hun, doing stuff always give me a sense of acomplishment and makes me feel better.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 2:46pm

do you guys want me to post pics of the nursery in here?? theyll be on my FB and probably in sept thread tho...?

Done the curtain all by myself, DH will be proud and now off to paint her wooden "C"...then  its picture taking time lol

CHEM 6/12+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 3:05pm

Stick em in the photo gallery if you want to show them off in here.

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 3:21pm
good idea fleur!! dahhh haha ill post when i have posted them there so ya know ;)

CHEM 6/12+
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 4:10pm
Glad you are feeling better Nic

It is pretty normal to be scared as the baby gets closer and closer, but not normal to be terrified, IYKWIM? So I do think you need to reinforce to your MW and perhaps to your mum that you are feeling more than just the normal worries that every mum gets ok? And if they aren't forthcoming with help, keep looking until you find someone who is.

Did you do antenatal classes? I had a bit of a meltdown when DD was 5 months old, and I ended up showing up on the doorstep of our antenatal class teacher in tears, because I knew she'd have the contacts to help me (and I also knew she'd happily open her arms to DD for an hour or so which I desperately needed). So maybe that is an option for you?

Looking forward to seeing the photos too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 5:10pm

Yeah we just finished those on tues so that probably contributed to the Holey crap side of it lol

photos are on my FB now and just making the topic in the photo gallery now, go check it out

heres the link

http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35216&PN=1&TPN=1

Edited by BAMN08

CHEM 6/12+
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 9:21pm
OMG the nursery looks fabulous, what a wonderful job you have done!

Glad the talk with your DH went well

Sounds like you accomplished alot, I always feel better when I can cross soemthing off my To Do list
Lindsey

nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 1:23am
I read through a Pregnancy Book in my pregnancy and it said it was normal to have anxiety as you come closer to your due date. I remember wanting everything to be prepared, ready and perfect. It's partly a hormonal nesting thing I think. The funny thing is - after the baby, everything gets really chaotic and disorganized lol

But in terms of your mental health, let your midwife know and ask for a Maternal Mental Health review - they usually say go to your GP first so that's another avenue. I have talked to Maternal Mental Health and they have said that sometimes going on a anti-depressant in pregnancy or early on after the baby is born can PREVENT PND. Your GP can consult with Maternal Mental Health for advice. No one likes AD's but I thought I was at risk and wish now that I'd had that information as I would have taken them early on to prevent PND.

Edited by nathansmummy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 11:00am

well bubs has officially dropped as well, my tummy is super low and the pressure and round ligament pain is crazy! i now CANT go through the night with getting up to pee, hav managed to get this far without needing to so that pretty awesome but now my sleep is really disturbed and its making me really irritable. Of course DH is copping all the flack from that as well and it pushes him away as he doesnt want to be around a grouchy B****.

I seem to be falling into a rhythem and wonder if its bubs' activity that waking me as it seems to be every 2.5-3 hours ish which is probably when shes going to wake for feeds. Its really frustrating as im so tired and want to get as much sleep as i can before she gets here but shes obviously intent on me learning now. I dont know how to handle myself and my emotions when im tired because they just snap so easily, i can see myself getting annoyed and then just snapping back at someone who i know has good intention but they just piss me off asking simple questions like "how are you?" or "what did you get up to today?" grrr

I got my letter from the sleep study im in with massey university studying the effects of tiredness etc on pregnant women and then women with a newborn, anyway it says my edinborough score was 16 and that they have forwarded this to my mw etc...crazy seeing it on paper, makes me realize i cant just walk away from this, noting will change if i dont do something about it. My mw will also have the letter today and so im sure she will bring it up on monday at my visit so im going to make sure that DH knows and that he helps me talk it through with her more so that we can sort something out...

nathansmummy - my mw has also said that going on AD's before the end of preg can help prevent some cases of PND.

CHEM 6/12+
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:09pm
nicola can you please please please please please please please come and do my nursery yours is sooo awesome.

I am kind of jealous that you are feeling the baby as I havent felt it yet... I know a long way to go yet. Although I can see how the sleep deprivation starting is a pain. You will figure out a rhythm and it will get better. But doing simple things like making sure the dishes are done etc before you go to sleep so you dont end up with a ton of stuff to do when you wake up will help.And asking dh to put his stuff away/help with dinner should take some of the pressure off. Its all about minimising the stress

I know what you mean about the stupid questions. In a couple of weeks they are going to start asking you if you have had the baby.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 4:22pm
Wow I havn't been able to sleep though the night without getting up to pee since I got my BFP!
The only thing that seems to help is going to bed early, then at least I get a decent length of rest even if its disturbed.

Charlotte's room is beautiful she's one very lucky girl having you for her Mum.

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 5:14pm

haha amme i have thought about doing some nurseries, iv had a few PM's over my preg about people wanting to fly me to them to paint a mural etc haha....maybe i should look into it lol might be hard with a new babe but feilding isnt far Wink

i felt quickening from about 14weeks and kicks by 16 weeks which is quite early for a first im told, but she has always been a very active bubs...i dont get any peace anymore haha and some movements hurt too!

fleur - we go to be around 11pm or something as dh isnt home from work till about 10:15 so hes wired and usually stays up a bit and i cant sleep with noise in the other rooms or without him in the bed when i know hes here. So early bedtimes arent really our thing...i was up at 3 am and 5:30am this morning and then up again at about 8am i think....really takes its toll as it takes me so long to get comfy for sleep now (trying to ALWAYS be on the left to turn bubs) that it takes ages before i get to the quality REM sleep....

CHEM 6/12+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 7:22pm

ergh sometimes i feel like i have no dam support!!

mum said (7:11 p.m.):

your father and me tomorrow

me only sunday

~*NICOLA*~ said (7:12 p.m.):

do you want company?

or want to come to company?

mum said (7:13 p.m.):

i have too much to do to come up there

what day are we talking

~*NICOLA*~ said (7:13 p.m.):

i dunno

i wanna see you before Bday and i only see it happening this weekend or next at the latest lol

mum said (7:13 p.m.):

you should be staying home now getting to close

~*NICOLA*~ said (7:14 p.m.):

meh its not far away, only 30mins

mum said (7:15 p.m.):

sunday would suit me better for you to come but your father is going to bowls sunday

mum said (7:16 p.m.):

i will also be getting a hair cut probably sunday

mum said (7:17 p.m.):

as remeber we only came back from holiday on monday and have worked all week so haven't had time to do anything around here which it needs it badly and i have to finish charlottes cardy before it is too late

~*NICOLA*~ said (7:17 p.m.):

well see then as mat needs to sort me some petrol anyway, it might not be worth worrying about it then...

*que the tears* i hardly ever get to see them because of the distance and dads contstant bowls games...they never come up here (because they have no need to..UMM MEE YOUR DAUGHTER!)...i only go down to see them too ya know!!! grrr!!! and not only that but mum packed a crabby when i said how marie (godmother and honourary aunt) will be coming up after the birth and that she has even orgnised to drop everything at work to come up from wellington at the drop of a hat..when she will only come if the "timing is right" etc etc...and then had the nerve to say that the grandparents should be the first to see and hold her not friends!!!

Marie IS her family!! and the ONLY friend im letting visit while in the unit, extended family and friends are waiting till i get home thanks....grrr makes me so angry but so dam upset that i have to apparently have this baby to everyone eles schedules!!!....

Edited by BAMN08

CHEM 6/12+
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 8:17pm
from me nicola. it must be really hard. dont let it get you down hopefully everything will sort itself out after the baby is born.. if not its their loss not yours

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 9:02pm

thanks hun, im just so over it

im seriously not going to tell anyone iv gone into labour or shes born if I have to have this baby to everyone else's schedules!!!

Edited by BAMN08

CHEM 6/12+
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 12:28am
lol Nic, I was up to the toilet almost every hour it felt like at the end...and sure as heck was up and down like a yoyo early on....I reckon it is just your body warning you what is ahead lol!

Glad you told DP, I am sure things will be easier with him knowing how you are coping with things.

The nursery is awesome...didn't click that you are Nicola from ohbaby craft group. Put some more pics up on there coz we have had only 1 photo this week...love the lamp too, very clever. Oh and the C...was that with paper and things?

Oct 11
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 1:40am
I found that pregnancy brought up a lot of issues for me with my family - particularly my mother. And I don't have sufficient support either - so you are in good company. Sometimes I get angry about it, or frustrated when I really need it - but mostly I think I've come to accept it, but I know it's hard. You know what you should experience particularly at this time. I tried to set up support for me prior to having DS but it just didn't work. It's hard to rely on other people... But lately I have really come to appreciate my mother's company and the IL's. They don't nearly what they should do in terms of help and support, but I still enjoy seeing them and the joy they get from seeing DS that only family can really experience.

Let the tears go and feel angry and say what you need to say, but things often change once a baby is around. And some things never change... I know how hard it can be.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 9:32am

Tali, ill copy some of those pics accross, its a wooden C from spotlight, and also some wooden swirls from there too, i have a small colection of them, i used them on her shower invites too....and the glitter flowers where just scrapbooking embellishments and match on most things iv done like her name plaque and her ceiling light shade...then ribbon all the way around....done...took maybe 30mins

last night, once again sucked!! have pain running down the whole right right of my back from the way i must of ended up sleeping...also still feeling crampy under my bump....ergh i feel huge right now and have three week left!!! maybe up to 5 if im late and get induced....OMG that is sooo not a nice thought right now!!

the problem is nathansmummy that we are rural, although its not way out (like 5-10mins to town) i still need a car to get anywhere and we have one in this family which dh's takes to work unless i drop him off and have to head out at 10pm to get him, its not safe to walk anywhere as we live on a very main road (highway) and many trucks come down it and cars go very fast...although im close to alot (other than friends and family) i feel super isolated!! ALL of my friends IRL are at least 30mins drive away so never come up to see me anymore and coz of my lack of vehicle its hard for me to get to them too....sigh...

Edited by BAMN08

CHEM 6/12+
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 10:03am
wow- that nursery is AMAZING!!!!! you've done such a great job, what a lucky girl Charlotte will be

I agree- pregnancy and babies can bring up lots of issues with family Some of it good, some of it bad, and some of it can turn into a right horror story (like what's happened with us!) Take it easy on yourself hun

sounds like you're in a very tough space and right now you really need support to get stronger. Just wondering, do your parents know that you've been struggling? It might change their attitudes if they did....or it might not (depends on what they're like)

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 10:18am

M2B08 - she does know as shes on AD's too!!!! hers was from being made redundant and and losing her confidence and then anxiety when trying to get jobs etc etc etc....she knows EXACTLY how i feel and we are usual;ly in general very close but she just seems to think that because she had no family around and no help when i was born that we dont need it either...im like ummm different circumstances for a start...she was 10 years older than i am when having her first, which makes a big difference and i HAVE family nearby so it isnt any excuse to just ignore me!! She is really excited to be a NAN and they have picked that they want to be called NAN and POP and she loves talking to my belly and feeling her move when i do see her and has gone bonkers and spent lots on wool and knitting stuff for her, but general support is absent...

have another worry today, i know bubba is supposed to slow movements down and stuff near the end but how slow should it go and how quickly should it decrease, iv noticed over the last few days (since she dropped) that she isnt moving around as much or as strong...im unsure if i should be worried about this or not as she IS still moving but its alot less (shes been VERY active)

CHEM 6/12+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>