FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2nd blind miscarriage, life sucks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2ndTimeRound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndTimeRound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd blind miscarriage, life sucks
    Posted: 26 August 2010 at 4:26pm
Hi all, Im a newbie to the site and am really struggling at the moment as it sounds like many of you/us are! I am 31, Type 1 diabetic, and I had 3 normal miscarriages prior to my daughter in 2004. That relationship ended quite soon after a nightmare of a pregnancy and delivery (6.5 weeks prem, C section, I went to Intensive Care for 4 days and she had to stay in NeoNatal Unit for almost 6 weeks) and I have since found the love of my life who is a wonderful father to my girl and really looking forward to children of his own. We have been together for almost four years now and have been trying for babies for about a year and a half. We became pregnant in October last year and as a family were SO excited. We took our daughter (now 6) to our 12 week scan just after New Year 2010 only to discover there was no heartbeat and baby had stopped developing at around 8 weeks (the same time I lost my previous 3). I was absolutely heartbroken, my partner was amazing although I felt he didnt really understand the grief I was feeling. I had an ERPOC (D&C) and each month from then I was consumed with getting pregnant again and devestated when I wasnt. I dont think I really got over that loss but was excited and terrified when I fell pregnant again in June. I had morning sickness for the first time ever and was told theis was a good sign! Because of my diabetes I fall under the At Risk Pregnancy Clinic at the hospital and on sharing my fears and the fact that as with my pregnancy late last year I was quite crampy.
My Obstetrician ordered a monitoring scan at 9wks and I was both excited and scared as i had to go alone because my partner had to work. I felt quite severe cramps that day and by that afternoon at the scan I was given the worst possible news, that again there was not a heartbeat and it was only very recent (that day) as the foetus was the perfect size for the dates. I had another D & C a week later and that was two weeks ago.

I know grieving is different for everyone but I am SO angry, SO sad and SO consumed with guilt for my partner and fear that I may never have another child. I had a huge amount of blood tests while in for the procedure and we have a referral to the Gynocology Clinic in 4 weeks to see if they can shed any light. I am finding it hard to work, to concentrate, to sleep and to connect with my partner - I cant look at him without crying as it just brings it all flooding back. I am reading lots of Miscarriage books from the library and am doing my best to acknnowledge and embrace the grief rather than trying to bury it.

It is 2 weeks tomorrow since the D & C, I was meant to have a 12 week scan today & the hospital lab rang just now to say I can go pick up what was removed when I am ready. My body feels like it is protesting to what has happened - I have horrible lower abdominal cramps which flared up a few days ago and the bleeding is all on again. I actually feel physically worse than immediately before and after the D & C.

Im a mess. I just really needed to share all that somewhere that others may understand rather than with my GP nurse who says "it was for the best, it wouldnt have been healthy", or some family and friends who say, "you can try again, the next one will be as strong as you!"

I dont feel strong I feel as though Im falling apart

Im so grateful to have somewhere to offload, thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2010 at 8:45pm
Just want to offer hugs.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2010 at 9:26pm

This site might be good to visit as well

http://www2.everybody.co.nz/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=6

I hope you find some answers from your tests
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2010 at 8:07am
hugs..i have had that happen once and it was so devastating..i can only imagine what it is like after two..hugs hugs and more hugs to you..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Princess_Bubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Bubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2010 at 9:11am
I'm so sorry to read your story, I can feel your total and utter heartbreak.

I don't really have any advice other than to be kind to yourself, healing after something so traumatic takes a long time. I hope there are people you can talk too and if not, like me, you'll find that ohbaby is a wonderful site to offload and also find new coffee buddies I'm not sure where you live but if you're in Auckland and ever want to meet up and talk it out - Just give me a yell.

Otherwise, just vent on here all you need too and hopefully sharing your feelings will start to help you heal, You've come to the right place

Two Precious Angel Babies 2010 / 2011
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2010 at 9:27am
Welcome to this site 2ndTimeRound, I hope you find it as supportive as I have. I also go to the site two_boys suggested don't post there but find it quite helpfull to read as well.
Big from me too, I have also had a couple of recent MC's and completely understand how you are feeling I have definately felt the same way, so feel free to vent anytime you need to.
I'm pleased to see they are looking into why this is happening for you although it kind of sux if they find something wrong it is also a bit of a bonus as I have fond it nice to have something to concentrate on sorting out.
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
2ndTimeRound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndTimeRound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2010 at 7:24am
Hey new friends! Thank you for all the hugs and supportive words - certainly feels nice to know Im not alone in all this
I will go check that site out now two_boys, cheers for that, and yes didi99, despite the potential for 'bad news' at the clinic Im thinking SOME kind of answers will be a relief as it will remove the uncertainty Im feeling and give us a way forward - at this point im just constantly worried I may never be able to carry again!!
I went to my GP yetserday as 15days post D & C and the cramps and lower back pains were bad last night and the bleeding (clots) has start up again big time. A scan to see if there is stuff still retained is $185!!!!, I opted for the antibiotics and to wait it out... come on sunshine - bring some GOOD news!
Thank you all again for your support, I am in Hawkes Bay if there is anyone else out there
jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2010 at 7:04pm
hey 2ndtimeround sorry your going through all of this
Re the cost of another scan I have this prob too as here (not sure if its the same everywhere) they cut your funding of 6 weeks post m/c not much help! I'm getting twice monthly scans for retained prod at the hosp now organised through my Gp for free maybe ask your GP if you can do it that way?
Hang in there hun
spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 8:59pm
I'm sorry you are going through this and I'm sorry you're not getting the most supportive comments from the people around you. Have you had a look round the miscarriage support nz site, its pretty good? Especially the list of issues related to grief, not sure exactly what the page is called. I like the everybodies forum too, although I never post there.

thats shocking about the 2nd scan cost.

Reading your post, I'm wondering if you have ever had your progesterone levels read during your pregnancies? If not it might be worth checking - day 21 of your cycle for this. I hope the gynae clinic can give you some answers.

I've felt the guilt with my partner too, the whole 'because of MY body, he gets to lose HIS children and go through this heartbreak too'. He's wanted kids for the last 10 years, whereas for me its probably only been about 2 years.

I think you're doing the right thing with the book reading, finding info and meeting the grief head on. Its such a tricky one too, sneaks up on you at the worst of times. You sound strong, with that approach, even if you don't feel it.

Hang in there, and keep offloading, big big love to you and your man
 Post Reply Post Reply