FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSad Green Eyed Monster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad Green Eyed Monster
    Posted: 31 August 2010 at 4:37pm
Man I'm struggling with life right now. As the months have gone on I have found myself to be more and moare bitter about the world than ever. I am so angry and sad that I've had to go through my miscarriages and terrified of what the future holds for me. I was on anti-depressents a few months back and they made me feel great but I wanted to start trying again so I came off them and now I am back to square one again. I am just one big ball of bitter and twistedness. I never wanted to be like this.

I found out about two weeks ago that a good friend of mine is UTD and its rocked my world. It was supposed to be my turn, not hers. It was an 'accident' she tells me. Oh whatever. I hate it when people say that to you. Now she is telling me about all her symptons etc and I just dont want to hear it. Some people have short memories, it was only 5 months ago I was picking up the pieces from our last m/c. She hasn't asked me once if I am ok.....or tried to play things down a bit. God I feel so bitter and twisted.
My doctor told me I wouldn't fall pregnant if my head wasn't in the right space and I dont want to go back on the anti-depressents because we are TTC so I feel like I'm a bit stuffed really.   I am grumpy and awful to my husband and dont even feel like having sex which you kind of need to do to have a baby. I'm in and out of tears in a regular basis.......I dont know what to do to get my old self back. I miss me!
Thanks for listening to my (selfish) rant
Sponsored Links

spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 5:52pm
Oh love, I recognise what you are writing about. Those feelings suck ass so much. Its hard not to be bitter when you see everyone else flaunting what you’ve not been able to keep. When its people you don’t know, you can go home lock the door and cry, but when it’s a good friend, its much more complex. There’s nothing quite like that knifetwist in the guts when you get someone else’s ‘happy news’. Yeah, no-one needs to hear about preggy symptoms unbidden; if you wanted to know you would ask, right? I think when people get pregnant, they’re so happy to be pregnant that (in a lot of cases, not all) sensitivity to others goes right out the window. (Facebook pregnancies are another source to provoke my anger and bitterness). And just cos I’ve had my pregnancy innocence ripped away, doesn’t quite give me the right to try and do that to someone else.

I felt a lot of anger for the longest time after our loss. I suppose its still there but I’m back to square one again. After 3 losses it must be a really hard place to be in, I can kind of understand, feeling the way you describe, that sex is likely to be the LAST thing you want to do.
And I also wonder if we ever do go back to being our old selves? I feel like someone new, someone scarred but with deeper awareness of pain and grief, and deeper feelings than I knew I was capable of. Some I’m not proud of, some I figure I would not be aware of if this had not happened, but give me back a happy healthy first pregnancy and I don’t really care about all that! Its not a selfish rant either, ok?
At the risk of sounding like an internet armchairdoc, have you thought of anything like St Johns Wort or something more natural for moodlifting? I’m not sure where this herbal stuff stands on ttc and 2ww and things like that. I tried maca for last ttc/1st few weeks, it felt like I had a bit more energy and focus but did jackpoo for libido. Antidepressants may do the job temporarily but my concern was that the headstuff is still there when you have to come off them, you’ve just had a slight holiday from it. But not having taken AD’s, that’s all my impression not lived experience.

Love to you, it’s a hard hard place to be in, I hope things can turn around for you sooner
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 6:04pm
MrsH, about a month ago I was feeling this way too, came out of the blue for me as I thought I had dealt with my 2nd MC quite well, but all of a sudden I was in darkness for a few weeks.
For me I think it was following my naturopaths instructions not to try again just yet along with charting and taking herbs that really made me feel like I was constantly thinking about TTC even though it was/is a no go just now. I had a minor melt down at my naturopath and have stopped charting, plus she gave me some rescue remedy (well batch flower, but it's the same).
I don't know how you feel about charting but for me although I find it quite interesting stopping has really felt like a weight lifted.
Maybe you could give some rescue remedy a go too as it is OK to take if you get UTD and might help your emotional state.
Really not fair about your friend being UTD, sometimes it just feels like life just keeps on kicking you doesn't it. Could you get someone to have a word with her maybe something along the lines of "I don't think MrsH is doing very well at the moment with her MC's thought I would let you know as figured any baby/preg talk might really cut right now and you might want to moderate when around her". That way you don't have to confront her and have that talk and it might just remind her that what she says can hurt (as I am hoping she has just forgotten).

Anyway I think that is all the advice I have to give, sorry I have ranted on and it's probably not that helpfull. I hope you can find your cheerfull old self again soon.
Much Love from Me
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
jo1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 5:31am
I don't have anything to add, except sorry for this loss and pain that keep going. No one can promise or reassure anything, which makes it so difficult.

(Also, we purposefully took a month off ttc after a few months of trying post miscarriage and it was one of the best head space things I did - gave me a small (warped?) feeling of control.)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 11:19am
Spanky, I am so sorry you have had to go through this again - my heart sank when I read your news last night. I had been keeping an eye on you and was praying it would all work out. Why it is so easy for some and not for others just baffles me.   That's why I think I've reacted the way I have about my friend - I know in my heart she wont miscarry and will go on to have a happy healthy carefree pregnancy and that's what makes me so angry. She wont have to experience the hurt and anger and not to mention worry that we've had to.   I'll be walking on egg shells with my next pregnancy - its gonna to be far from carefree. I think you are right Spanky, I don't think I'll ever go back to being my old self, I'll always have those little angels in my mind....always wander 'what if'. Never even got to meet them but I miss them, I really do.

Thanks for your lovely words girls, I had a few tears when I got home from work last night after reading what you said. I told my husband.....he thinks I am nuts for talking with complete strangers on the internet (typical male!)   I told him what you said, the advice you gave and how much you help - its amazing how much support and understanding you get on this forum. My friends and family struggle with what to say because they don't understand. I did stop charting last month Didi but I ended up feeling like I had lost some control of my situation. Back doing it again this month and I am ok with it. At the end of the day I know my cycle so well I could count the days on my calendar so I was pretty much charting anyway......minus taking my temp. I think I will take your advice though and looking into some natural pick-me-ups like rescue remedy or St Johns Wart.   I have put some distance between myself and my friend - if I don't have to see her 4 times a week at the gym it will make it easier to cope.   

Its the first day of Spring today, my most favourite season - love Spring so much! I felt better when I woke up this morning - maybe its a sign that things are going to get better.

Thanks again for your advice and support, I appreciate it so much
Princess_Bubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Bubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 11:37am
My heart goes out to you mrsh, It's hard not to see the world through different eyes after going through something as devastating as you have.

I think Didi's idea of getting a mutral friend to talk to your friend,and suggesting to her that she needs to moderate her level of pregnancy and baby talk around you, is an ideal solution. Hopefully then she'll be able to show a little more compassion and think about what you've been through.

I'm assuming she's never had a m/c and hence has no compression of how it leaves one feeling. I rememember reading about "The Don't have a Clue's (DHAC's)" in one of my coping with miscarriage books. There are just so many people who don't know what to say and they assume you're over it, so they don't say anything at all. They never stop to think that maybe you're really hurting. It makes things harder to deal with if you don't have that TLC from people around you doesn't it. I've found a really good counselor and I'm finding that is helping me, It's great to get my true feelings out.

I wish I had some suggestions for distracting yourself from TTC but unfortunately I'm out of ideas. My other half doesn't want to even TTC until next year and I still think about babies for 90% of my waking day (and put 90% of my energy into geting him to change his mind and try NOW)

It's hard times hun and I'm sorry for everything you've gone through, You really deserve some good news and I hope that 2011 is the year you finally get to hold your own little bubba!

In the meantime look forward to your trip to Auckland in November, because we're looking forward to seeing you!

Two Precious Angel Babies 2010 / 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 12:30pm
Thanks PB, you are a sweet thing

Unfortunately due to that damn clock ticking in my ear I cant really delay TTC, I need to jump back on the bandwagon and get this next BFP underway. I'll be 38 in November.....time is ticking along at a rather fast pace! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks about babies 24/7 - just so much want to be a Mum. As we all do of course.

I hope 2011 is the year we all get our babies. Thanks PB, I look forward to seeing you in Nov too
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 2:19pm
Do be carefull with the Saint John's wort if you get UTD MrsH I'm pretty sure it's under questionable for pregnancy.
Glad you are feeling a little brighter today. Yay for it being spring I even dusted off my shorts and jandals today in celebration, thankfully it is quite sunny in Auckland so I don't look like too much of a dork .

I think TTC becomes all consuming for most people (except of course those handfull of weirdos who get UTD first go or by accident), I was finding it constantly on my mind even when I have been taking a break.

FX for the Nov catch up consisting of us all talking about the terrible morning sickness we are having.

Edited by didi99
Princess_Bubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Bubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 2:55pm
It's always good to come on OB and have a vent - There's lots of love here

*Sending lots of baby dust to you Sweetie* You are so deserving of your own child and I really hope to God it happens soon for you!

Oh Didi you have no idea how amazing that sounds, Having the four of us (us 3 and Bobsta of course) sitting around discussing how terrible our morning sickness is, hehe it's nice to dream. Maybe there's something in 'The Secret' and it pays to think about that and believe in the power of positive thought.

Roll on our Due in 2011 threads and the terrible morning sickness - I can just imagine the feeling now

Lots of Hugs Girls and just think, maybe our little Angels are all playing happily together and watching us down here and just waiting to pick their moment to come back and give us a life time of love and hugs

I'm sure they all know they are going to be the most loved babies on the planet xx

Two Precious Angel Babies 2010 / 2011
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 6:11pm
Sending you big 's MrsH.

Glad your feeling a bit better and so hope you get your BFP soon!
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 7:55pm
Oh boy, l am sending you the biggest squishiest hugs right now. Feel free to sniffle on my shoulder too. I know all too well that that there's no quick fix and you're doing the right thing just by coming on here and expressing things. Express away and just know that we all "get it". I wish with all my heart and soul that I could make things better for you. Focus on little things that make you smile, or at least things that don't make you angry and want to scream/cry/throw things. One thing that helped me was what I call my "miscarriage song". There is a song I heard that just hit me right in the heart and I just somehow associated it with my loss. Anytime I felt my emotions building up and felt I had to really "feel" I would listen to it over and over again. Sometimes it would make me bawl my eyes out for hours, sometimes it would make me feel comforted and I would smile, and sometimes I just felt blank and sad. But it helped.

Don't worry about the not having sex thing, I think that's normal. I feel guilty as since our loss I can count how many times we've done it on one hand. That's slowly changing though and my mojo is starting to come back. I think it's because we associate that action with baby making, and baby making is a tender subject for us who's journey has no been an easy one. Not only did we suffer the agony to get UTD in the first place, but then it was taken away from us too. It's no wonder your not any any hurry to get back in the sack.

When I went through my dark bitter twisted stage, the thing that kicked me out of it was talking to a professional. I know that sounds very, um what's the right word, cliche springs to mind...but it really truly helped me. I'm sure I would have managed without their help, but it just help me work through some feelings a bit quicker.

Spanky is so right, we'll never be the same. I know I take things a bit more seriously now than I used to. I lost a bit of my happy positive self, but at the same time I feel stronger and better at coping with things.

On a brighter note I can't wait to meet you in November!!! I'm going to truly give you a real life hug.

Didi you just made me smile with your comment about only weirdo's get UTD first go, LOL! PB I'm loving your positive thoughts about what 2011 will bring us

Hugs to everyone
Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 12:38pm
Thanks for your nice message Bobsta. Great to see you back on deck!

I am really looking forward to meeting you all in Nov! Pencil in your diaries for a catch up on Sat 6th - I have to drop my sister to the airport around lunchtime (I think) and then I have her car so I can meet sometime mid arvo. We can sort out the finer details closer to the time.

Yay for real life hugs - will be so good to see you

P.S I like the weirdo comment too - haha!
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 8:03pm
It's a date!
Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 8:24pm
Yep I've put that on my calender at work so even I might remember.
 Post Reply Post Reply