FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow is everyone coping?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>
Author
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 7:59pm
hugs from me cheekymouse. that must be so hard.

i found that the only way I actually made it out of the house was if I made an appointment, so had some one to let down if I didnt go. It might be something like planning to meet a friend for lunch, or to help them do something.

motivation is a major issue and something I am pretty much lacking, some days are better than others.

definitely tell a close friend/family member what is happening with you. I found it a lot easier to do stuff around the house if someone was there helping me, it wasnt so much the help than not doing it alone.

I have talked to the psychiatrist at maternal mental health and i am going to try going off citalopram before the baby is born.
Sponsored Links

cheekymouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 9:14pm
Thanks for the support ladies, i have actually moved closer to my parents so am now in the waikato area.

I went to my parents place for the afternoon, and they cooked me dinner which is always good. it means i get out of the house and i get some help with Max/i get to pass max to granni for a few hours.

I am on fluox... and am seeing a councellor but like you all i think i just have the bad and the good.

Today was the bad day. I try to get out of the house once a day for a walk even if it is 30 mins but today i couldn't even get the motivation to do that.

Anyway, better try get max to sleep and crash for the night myself.
girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 9:26pm
Where abouts in the Waikato are you cheekymouse? I could meet you for a coffee if you are near Hamilton? I hope you get a good sleep hun x.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 5:04pm
Hiya, i'm in Matamata, but come to Hamilton for a day out when i can afford petrol. Would love to meet with others when im over :)
girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 5:05pm
Cool! I'd be keen to meet up, and I'm sure there would be some others too. Matamata is a lovely place hun x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 5:18pm
cool, i will let you know when im planning my next trip over.

Yea, i have come 'home' so to speak, i grew up here, only lived in Christchurch for 2 years with my fiancee.

Its an awesome wee town. I manage to get out most days for a walk around the streets, still re discovering it all really.
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 5:54pm
Have had a rough couple of days. Am thinking of contacting my psychologist on monday and making an appt. I didn't want to do this until I had lost weight and was feeling like I could be seen in public again though. Also considering asking for a referral to the mothercraft unit for some support.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 6:45pm
hugs from me lostAmber. Definitely contact your psychologist and talk to someone. I am sure that you look fantastic, especially seeing that olivia isnt that old.
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 12:36pm
Big hugs LA It sounds like getting in contact with your psychologist is a good idea.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:00pm
Not this week, maybe next week. Must lose weight.
happymum21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymum21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 4:53pm
LA would it help you if you had someone who could accompany you to your appointments? Or for someone to make the appointments for you and commit to driving you there?
I am more than happy to do this for you. I am a full time student and have uni holidays at the moment so don't have a lot going on. I have had mild PND in the past and understand exactly how you are feeling. My daughter is now 11 so I am able to come over during week days during school time or in the weekends. My mum lives in Hamilton and I'm near Matamata.
Feel free to PM me if you would like to catch up sometime or if I can help you with anything (that applies to anyone in the MM/Ham area also).

Becks

Edited by mum2alana
Becs

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 1:13pm
If I make the appt. I will show up, but i'm not ready to make it yet. I'm having some manic days as well as the dreaded crash days. I will reach out when things turn desperate but for now i'm doing okay.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 2:16pm
Hugs LA. Hope you haveing a reasonable week. don't hesitate to PM also.

I am having a reasonable week, i managed to get through the first visit from my ex without being effected too much. i have been awake since 5am thinking about it though but thats not too bad. Going to go for a walk later to clear my head.

I'm feeling a lot more positive and seem to have a lot more motivation.

Hope the rest of you that browse this are doing ok :)
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 5:32pm
aww cheekymouse are you trying to look after little max all on your own?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 7:22pm
i had a bit of a down day today, which in hindsight was good thing as I have been able to pinpoint a few things that are different between today and my good days so will try to change them to see the difference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 7:56pm
LA yes, my fiancee left me for my friend a month ago :)

amme_eilyk. glad you have been able to pinpoint some things that effect you so you can change it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 8:23pm
hugs cheekymouse, that must have been awful. good on you for staying strong for max.
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 8:42pm
(((hugs))) cheekymouse, that must be soooo hard, I can't even imagine. Sounds like it's definitely a great thing that you are closer to your parents now Sounds like you are doing a lot of good things with walking and counseling and stuff- I hope it continues to help! You might find that as wee Max gets older and less dependent, more inteactive and stuff things get easier too. Those first months are so damn hard, it's amazing anyone gets through it, let alone on there own. Kia kaha

amme it's great when you can pinpoint little things that make stuff better too aye! I am definitely at that point now. I notice that the more I go for walks and stuff the more motivated I am, which is funny cuz I thought if I exercised more I'd be tired cuz of using energy but it's like the opposite.

LA I hope you're hanging in there OK. I don't think anyone will worry about how much you weight but ya gotta do what ya gotta do- just don't be toooo hard on yourself!

We're going pretty good here. Up and down of course because of this stupid earthquake and how it's affected my wee one- she stopped sleeping and I find it really hard when she doesn't sleep because I don't sleep well anyway so I get really down. It's made me think 'Hmmmmmm I don't think I could handle a newborn waking me up then!' which is sad cuz we were hoping to TTC soon, (I've got the baby bug and it's all I can think about lol!) but I guess waiting til we are ready means I"m less likely to get PND real bad again...maybe

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 7:13am
mummydee, girlygirl, cheekymouse, and mum2alana, are you up to planning a day where we could all meet and have coffee or something? we could meet at the cafe at the hamilton gardens or bring our own picnic?
happymum21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymum21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 9:39am
That would be awesome! Most days are fine for me, i will fit in with you guys who have babies to organise. Cheekymouse I am near MM if you want me to pick you and Max up?
Becs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>