FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow is everyone coping?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 31323334>
Author
conndog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 2:37pm
Heya!
Doing much better than before thanks :) went back on the drugs! Man they are evil to come off!!! Cant see myself ever doing it. My weekly counselling is helping sooooo much! being able to talk out my down moments really is a great way to move forward (or try too!) just wish my appts were more frequent haha!

How are you escadachic?
Sponsored Links

escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 3:49pm
Yeah I am mostly ok.

I did try meds again, but the one's they put me on did not gel well with me and made me like a zombie and always sick.

My anxiety is all good for the most part. My moods tend to go downhill when I have AF approaching.

But mostly I'm doing ok.

Can't find anyone to look after Annabelle. Or else I would go to counselling.

conndog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 12:43pm
Oh dear! What meds are you on?
Im always tired on mine! Sleep whenever Logan naps! My anxiety is better too.. but still gets triggered by some things.
I have Logan in porse one day a week. its great! clean etc and go to counselling on this day. It doesnt cost much either with the winz help... you could try??
Feel bad looking forward to my time away from him but it does miracles! so much calmer and less stressed!!!

Hope your ok hun! and fx things get better soon x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 4:23pm
I was on Escitalopram(loxalate) But not anything now.

Yeah, winz may help. Not sure. Due to DF working full-time. Unsure of my entitlement.

SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 9:05pm
Hi all, I was referred to my gp by plunket cos she thought I had pnd and gp very quickly (too quickly!!) prescribed me esctilaporam but I felt it was a bit weird that she was too happy to handout pills without getting me to taake the quiz or talk about other options I could look in it like counseling , exercise etc

So anyways I went to my local health shop and the lady there recommended 5-htp, has anyone had any experience with that? Is it safe to take while bf? (the health shop lady said it was but I'm just checking;))
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 9:15am
I've heard good things about 5-htp from when I was in a PND group. So I assume it is quite good. I just can't afford it myself.

And yeah, some doctors are pretty shocking with how readily they hand out meds.

Edited by escadachic

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 10:12am
Hi everyone, havent been in here for ages.

Escadachic- Ive had great success with using natural progesterone cream and/or a spray from a herbist for managing mood/pms symptoms.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 10:15am
I usually take 30 Plus tablets. But have run out.

mummyslittlewhirlwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyslittlewhirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 10:02pm
Hi everyone

I had PND with my first child (only have one). He is 2.5yrs old now - nearly 3yo really and I went onto medication when he was 9mths old but I think I had ante-natal depression in hindsight.

Anyway, for about one year I was "well" while on medication after finding the right drug, right dose. I'm on fluoxetine 30mg but I never really had counselling. I separated from my husband twice - first when I was pregnant and then when baby was around about 8mths old. So I'm doing it alone. I also have very little support and few friends, none of whom I would call very close. So it's a lonely, isolating sort of a journey I find.

I had about 10 sessions of counselling I suppose - maybe less - when I separated from my husband as my self-esteem was in tatters. It's not as bad now and I'm certainly able to function however my depression has definitely returned and seems that the medication has "stopped working". I don't want to turn this into an extremely long story so won't go into too much more detail but one of the things I'm finding very hard at the moment is how sensitive I am to hurt. I have returned to counselling fortunately but it's the loneliness that I'm finding very hard. The part where I feel like no one's got my back. That I don't have significant people in my life who really love and support me. And I find myself constantly in conflict. I ask myself have I looked for conflict, am I a target for conflict or am I just extra sensitive to hurt and rejection?

I'm finding it really hard not having anyone to talk to about this stuff except my counsellor so I thought I'd seek out some people who might understand.

Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by mummyslittlewhirlwind mummyslittlewhirlwind wrote:

I ask myself have I looked for conflict, am I a target for conflict or am I just extra sensitive to hurt and rejection?

I'm finding it really hard not having anyone to talk to about this stuff except my counsellor so I thought I'd seek out some people who might understand

Welcome mummyslittlewhirlwind.

To answer that question, no I don't feel you are looking for conflict. I find when we are going through depression and other such things that are wearing us down, we do become extra sensitive and do feel hurt more easily.

I can relate to the feeling alone and isolated. None of my family live anywhere near me and I found that was part of why I developed PND, among other things. Like I had some sh*t things happen to me while pregnant too. And when you don't feel you can really honesty talk to anyone, who is considered a good friend and someone who 'gets' it, that is SO hard.

I'm here for you if you ever want to chat and you are welcome to P.M me too. Also, we have a private group on Facebook if you want to share more privately.

You are welcome to read my blog, which is here My Blog

As I went through a pretty crappy time and used to think I was the only one feel that way, but through sharing my feelings and such in my blog, I came to discover others felt that way too.

I still go through periods of depression too. Thanks for sharing. That's really good that you can do that. It does help to get it off your chest I find.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyslittlewhirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 10:58pm
Thanks so much eschadachick (probably spelt that wrong!) will check out your blog.

What's the facebook group you are referring to?

I appreciate the reply

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 9:18am
I'll private message you the link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 9:21am
It wouldn't send the message.

Here is the link: PND Support Group on Facebook

Let me know if you have any issues finding it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyslittlewhirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 9:23pm
How weird! The link doesn't work either!

That's strange. What's actual name of it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 5:50pm
"PND Support Group for OHBABY members"

Maybe try private message me your email address and I'll try add you that way.

Yeah I don't think it's visible. As it set as 'secret', so we can talk honestly without people seeing whom we don't want to see.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:29pm
mummyslittlewhirlwind - Looks like due to the privacy settings you need to be added as my friend, so I can add you to the group.

Trying searching for me on FB. Kelly Parker. I'm in Wellington and I have short blonde hair in my profile picture.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyslittlewhirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:11pm
Hey I have just had a very very very low day. Started having suicidal thoughts - texted my counsellor who rang me and then the Crisis team rang me. Made me flush all old anti-depressant medication down the loo!

My depression is quite bad at the moment. I went onto medication when my son was 9mths old and was good for about a year and then through circumstances not changing but getting more stressful, I relapsed and medication stopped being effective. Recently stopped one medication to go onto low dose of another and maybe it's why I've been so low but also things have been more stressful the last week I suppose.

Hard to share this because I hide this from everyone! So I'm sharing it here.

Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:11am
Good on you for sharing Mummyslittlewhilrwind

It is nice to get it off your chest. And yeah I know what you mean about hiding these feelings from everyone. I usually only admit to those feeling after I have calmed down. Never when they are happening. It's like I just can't bring myself to admit it or share it, because I'm so emotionally fragile.

I hope they can find a more suitable medication for you. I don't even bother with anti-depressants anymore. As I got sick of not being offered other options. Got really annoyed with doctors always offering my one's I had been on before and that didn't gel well with me. It's like, man, do you not read your patient notes?!

It is hard not having an anti-depressant to suit. So I just have to deal with the depressive periods and hope like hell they hurry up and pass. I only take 30 Plus tablets. Which at least for me is better then nothing at all.

It's really good that you reached out to your counsellor at least. That is something to be proud of.

Yeah stress for sure does make things spiral out of control. Over time, you will improve. But I can't tell you when. But it does get easier to cope, with practise and learning new strategies. And yes, even when you are significantly better, you will likely still have periods of depression, but you will be able to get through them faster.

I used to think, there was a fix for depression and that it could be cured. But I have come to realize, that it will come and go, but that is normal. As, even people who are not suffering from mental health issues, have periods of depression.

Do whatever you can to look after yourself. Even if that's just a nice bath or reading. And if you can have some time away from your child, do when it's possible. As being a Mum is a 24/7 job and it never ends. But when you get somewhat of a break, it is refreshing. It's called self-care and it's essential.

ScaredyKat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2012 at 9:13am
I am writing this after trying to sleep, and I can't! My stupid anxiety has come back and I am OVER IT. I am sooo tired, and NEED to sleep (as this is adding to it) and of course I can't. Find it so frustrating!!! My daughter is 10 days old, and I had a bit of anxiety in the first few days but thought I had it under control. Now it is back, grrr! Wish I could just enjoy the newborn days and be 'normal'! Am not having any other 'down' feelings yet, so that is at least something. And hoping hormones etc are still playing havoc. It is a very early days, so I know it is all an adjustment time for all of us.

Have talked to MMH who have suggested perhaps taking a sleeping tablet tonight to help, as I went a whole night last night with NO sleep. Even when baby was sleeping!!! I think that is adding to my anxiety.

I fear, if things don't improve over the weekend (why does this always happen over the weekend!) I might have to go back onto meds on Mon. I don't want it to get out of control like last time.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2012 at 10:35am
Have you tried using magnesium powder to aid sleep,...I found it really really really useful even when my depression/anxiety was at its worse. I hope u get sleep soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 31323334>