FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2010 babies -- version 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 391392393394395>
Author
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 4:08pm

BB hope you guys are enjoying your children free time

Exciting about moving house Trutz- you must be soooo looking forward to having your own place and Tyler having his own room

Gorgeous day here today and DH came home early this afternoon so he has taken both kids out to the park If this weather continues this weekend think we need to get out into the garden and do a bit of tidying up.

Not much to report here. Tom is now waking just the once in the night around 3am- have figured out thro if I give him a decent feed them (both sides) he will sleep through until 7. I can't be bothered leaving him to cry then so will just go with this for a while- as long as it just the once in the night then thats fine with me.  I think he's also going through a bit of growth spurt as he has been non stopping eating these past couple of days and keeps trying to get in sneaky extra b/f during the day.

Edited by Mum2ET
Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Sponsored Links

yermasyada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yermasyada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 7:52pm
Hey gals,

Well I ended up taking Roo to the docs today, after a horrific night last night She checked him over and she said he's doing great So it looks like he's just slow to recover from this tummy bug.

He's also really clingy and the OH is like "oh he doesn't like me anymore"

*sigh*

Anyhoo, at least the weather's been gorgeous and great for drying out the mattress etc lol

Plunket on Monday for his 15m check lol I bet he's barely 10 kg after this week He's looking quite tall though, so that will be interesting to see. I'm going to mention about his walking and sticking his left foot out sideways.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yermasyada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 7:53pm
I may or may not be about to spend a small fortune in The Sleep Store sale

Stockoing up on size 2 merino and a new Dimples bag (2-4)
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 9:09am
Poor little guy M'moo. But glad he's doing okay. They do get clingy. In general Kiara prefers Dad cuddles but when she's sick or injured then she wants Mum (was pretty hard when I was sick as well though).

Have been having a lovely few days with my brother. We were going to go over to Piha today but he came down with our plague last night I can't believe it! I'd washed every damn piece of linen in the house and scrubbed every surface before he came. Just hope it hasn't hit him too hard.

I'm holding out on a bag for the 2-4 year old M'moo. I'm thinking that Kiara will be in a big bed by then and she won't want a sleeping bag. She's outgrowing the one she has very quickly though!

Stunning day. Will probably have to leave Gordon to haunt the house and we'll go to the park for a while.
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yermasyada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 9:29am
Yeah, I was in two minds about the sleeping bag, but the ones he has at the moment are almost too small, and I also think that bags are nice for day time naps I only got the one though... I may regret that

OH has taken boy to the Wynyard Quarter and I'm trying to catch up on all my Baby Bargains stuff. Heaps of photos etc to sort out. Plus the OH did me a new logo, and I can't say I'm that keen

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 12:52pm

Lovely catch up this morning with Kicker and the gorgeous Cameron. Hope the traffice wasn't too bad going home Laura as the motorway looked pretty blocked up when I drove past

That bug that seem to spread really easy Sasha. Hope your bro recovers quickly

Glad that Roo is on the mend M'Moo.

I was having a look at the sleepstore website- need to buy a couple of newborn presents for friends. Not going to bother getting any more sleeping bags. I have a summer weight grobag in 18+ mths which Ella only used for a couple of months so that will do Tom for summer and then by the time it cools down next year he should be in a bed with a duvet. Ella moved around heaps in her cot but its amazing how quickly she became used to a duvet in a big bed.  Thats the good thing about moving them into a bed during the warmer months - if they kick the covers off it doesn't really matter and then by the time autumn/winter hits they should be used to it.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 1:21pm
We have the kiddies back now. Gah already driving us bonkers.

We went to visit the bank yesterday and we got some go dnews about how much we can borrow for a new house. So now I need to sae for $600 so we can list hte house for sale. And tile the kitchen wall.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

bebebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 3:55pm
Hey ladies, so disregard what I said in my last post.
I am pregnant!!!! yay excited much!!!

I had done two tests and neg, but still no af, so on D37 test positive. So hoping baby sticks!!! Oh and obviously I'm not telling everyone yet, so just keep it on the quiet side esp with FB.

M'moo, I had a look see at sleepstore sale, but nothing in DS size.
I'm also planning that once DS goes in big bed, he won't have a sleeping bag. Oh, and I also don't use the sleeping bag for day sleeps. I didn't want him too attached to the sleeping bag, knowing he might not stay in it for too long.

thesaff, is K walking now?

BB, yay to the bank. New house here you come!
I would love a new house, but think we won't do anything till after #2 thinking of 3. This house has no storage. Its a small 3 bedroom.

Had lots of fun at the kids expo in Welly today. I finally got DS his name in wood to put up on the wall. And a few other things. Am tired now though.

Edited by janini
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 4:04pm
YAY Janini. Everything crossed for you!

Nup, that girl of mine is not properly walking yet. She's really solid walking when she does walk between us or around the house but just rarely does it. Just as well she's tall and I don't have to bend too much when I hold her hand.

Good news BB on the bank/house front. I'm still trying to convince myself that I'm happy living here. Oh well, at least we're putting money toward us now and not rent.
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
bebebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 4:09pm
thanks thesaff

hehe K, good on you! Do it when you good and ready!

thesaff, its hard sometimes to accept reality, rather than what you think you deserve/dream about living in.

Now to organise a MW. My midwife is still technically on maternity leave. But I am going to ask her if she would do it. ( I have mentioned it to her, as she does some casual shifts in the hospital) Or get her to recommend someone given she knows my views/history etc.
I'm hoping its not to late to get someone.

Edited by janini
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 7:09pm

woohoo Janini Congrat's. Are you due in Apr or May?

Hopefully DH is going to be talking to the bank this week to see what our options are with the house- trying to decide whether to rent our current place and then buy, or sell and buy. I really want to get into a new place over summer and we need a bit more space.

Sasha one day K is going to just decide that she wants to walk and will just walk everywhere and will be really steady on her feet.

Took the kids to Motat this morning- Tom just ran around the place yelling 'car,car,car' at anything with wheels. Think we might get my parents to give us a Motat pass for Toms Xmas present.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yermasyada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 7:39pm
Evening ladies

Wahooo congrats Janini!

Well for the first time in over a week, the boy went to bed without a fuss. lets just hope he stays there as close to 7am as possible. It was 6am this morning *yawn*

I spotted a molar today Poor lad, as if the sickness and cold wasn't enough, he was cutting a molar at the same time

Lordy... spent allllllllll afternoon sorting and listing my new BBNZ stock. Pretty pleased with it all though

Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 8:05pm
Massive congrats janini

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 8:39pm
Ohh janini, Yay!! Exciting! I saw your post in TTC. But was to meh to post.

We have a small 3 bedroom at the moment, and our only storage is the hot water cupboard. (and wardrobes) But we have no cupboard in the bathroom even, so we have sheets in wordrobes and towel in hotwater cupboard.

Looking at putting house on market soon. We went to an open home today, I was really excited about it and then when we got home DH said that that house was under contract to someone already guttered. We need to sell so we can be cash buyers.

Ugh Evvie lost one of her dummies today at the playground we think. So now we have 1. But I think it's time to get rid anyway.

Oh and one of her bottom front baby teeth has come in really crooked. Will the next tooth come through crooked too.??

Sarah Mum to,

Juzzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juzzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 9:07pm
Oooooh Janini!!!!!! That's super exciting! Congratulations!

Hmm I'm not sure BB, you could always ring the dentist and ask, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

We've had a couple of little steps from Harlow over the last week. I'm really pleased with his progress and we've done some major work on his left leg and arm. Clever little boy

Oh and we got to meet Abbie and Hendrix today at the kids expo! Sooooo lovely to finally meet them and what a hunny she is.
bebebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 9:48pm
Thanks ladies. Super excited, but also freaking out a little. lol. Two kids??!!
I'm due 26ish of April.

Juzzo, oh what time where you at Kids expo. We were there around 10.30-12. Oh and I saw Abz, but didn't actually get to the stand, as it was sooo packed. You could tell what the crowds liked, and didn't.
Yay for Harlow!!! Clever wee boy! Slowly but surely. Hes not going to let anything stop him in life!

I have to ring dentist, as DS chipped his front tooth. Aparently it can be a good idea to get the dentist to do an ACC form, incase it impacts the adult tooth. Really must get on to it...
Juzzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juzzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 1:01pm
Ah rats Janini, we would have been there at the same time! I think we arrived at 10.15am and left around 11am, the kids had had enough by then. It was soooo busy! Abz got a cuddle of Harlow, it was actually very cute he just wanted to be passed between her and I. Hendrix is a cutie, lots of curls :)

Yeah good idea bout doing an ACC form for the dentist, I remember having to do one for Caiden when he was only about 3.

He he about two kids Janini! You'll be busy but it will be great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 1:20pm
LOL Janini, 2 isn't that bad, the first bit is a bit scary trying to juggelt ehm, but once that's over its easy. (till they get bigger and start beating each other up)

Had a lovely wee visit from Claire and Cale this morning on there way back home.

Sarah Mum to,

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 7:25pm

woohoo go Harlow

You will be fine with 2 kids Janini- like BB said its hard at first but it does go by so quickly and now I sometimes find it easier when both of them are at home because they entertain each other.

Qu- Discovered this evening that Tom's back is covered with tiny red bumps. He seems fine, eating well and doesn't seem sick.  Any ideas of what it could be? DH mentioned heat rash but it seems a bit strange as it wasn't that warm today and Tom definitely wasn't overdressed If its still there when he wakes up in the morning might take him to the docters to get checked out.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
AbzandH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbzandH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 7:45pm
Hi girls,

lost a massive post this morning thanks to some little fingers trying to help...
YAY Congrats Janini!!!! thats AWESOME news!!! So excited for you
Bugger we missed each other at the Expo, was such a madhouse!
So awesome to meet Juzzo and her fam, what well behaved little guys u have! Harlow is such a cutie, I could have taken him home hehe. Hope you girls scored some bargains! My haul was a bit lame, but then I was expecting more shoes and sleeping bags...

Hope everyones on the mend, M2ET, have you changed washing powder, or soap? Sorry thats prob the super obvious. Funny how these rashes are appearing they seem really common at the mo?

I'm STUFFED! Including packing the shop, setting up expo, taking down expo and taking everything back to the shop I think I worked about 22 hours!! Shock to the system that was hehe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 391392393394395>