FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe "seeing what happens" girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 45>
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 5:17pm
lol the reason DD works so well as a contraceptive is cause there isn't much bding going on.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 5:31pm

hi all!

not quite ready to join you yet haha DD is only 11 weeks old and im not THAT eager to extend my family "just" yet...well see what next year brings tho.. but i didnt want to read and run, was reading about BFing as contraception- apparently as others have said it is actually pretty good as long as all the "rules"are followed.. also my MW said that once bubba is sleeping through the night it starts to become less effective as the big gap between feeds gives your body the chance to think about something other than producing milk- put in the simplest way.. bummer that has to be the only downside to having a baby that has slept between 6 and 9 hours since 6 days old..lol

but yeah, thought id let you know that too- good luck with "seeing what happens!" I hope to be able to be this laid back with TTC #2 in a year or so as well! x x

My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 12:42pm
So many people who are seeing what happens! This is so great, I thought most people decided to have a baby and so they were focusing on dates.

Question for popcorn (or anyone else) - now that I"ve come off the pill, I want to keep a track of dates when AF arrives, just so that I can be prepared when it does...did you do this? This year for they first time I'm keeping a proper journal that I write in every day, but the purpose was to keep tracking of training runs and times (and how I feel!). I figure it I note in it when AF arrives, hopefully in a few months when my body returns to normal I"ll be able to predict when AF arrives? This is going to sound sooo stupid, but the pill meant I could predict to the hour! And I do not want to be one of those people who are caught off guard (I'm remembering the days of intermediate/highschool when there'd be at least one girl a year who'd get AF for the first and have no idea, and have a stain...um, yeah, I know, I'm soooo stupid!).

Ok, TMI over...today I'm supposed to be studying, catching up cause I"m behind in readings. But between ohbaby and this game I'm distracted. Plus I"m nursing sore knees cause I went for a run with my friend up Mt Victoria but it was raining, and I slipped down the hill and landed hard...just a few grazes/bruises and a broken nail, but they sting a wee bit!

Hope everyone is well!

popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 1:44pm
wow running up Mt Victoria! Thats impressive! One steep mountain that is! I dont even like going up it in a car!

Yep, I have only just had my first period off pill and I am writing it down in my diary just so I can keep a track of how many days my cycle is and to see when it has settled down into some kind of normality. This month was 34 days which apparently is normal for just coming off! It was almost a week of constantly checking to avoid the same issue you mentioned!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 3:18pm
With TTC for DD, I started charting after 6 months, taking my temp and using fertility friend to work out when I was ovulating, glad I did it as turned out I have a 34 day cycle not a 28 day one and we weren't bding at the right time.
When AF does eventually return I will probably take a not of my cycle for the first 3 months to get an idea of what its doing and then not worry about it.

For me having another baby is something I'd like to do but not a must have. If we aren't successful by the end of next year that will it for me. As I don't want babies over 40.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 3:56pm
Ooh I'll join in here... We have a 5 month old son and I'm hoping for numbEr #2 before end of year but seeing as my period isn't reliably back ie some months I get twice other times I get 40 day cycles! So we are in the seeing what happens camp by default

And congrats birdie!!! I didn't realize you were utd again!! That's awesome babe;)
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old
frangipanigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frangipanigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 4:34pm
hey ladies, well DH and i have been trying since dec but for the next few months we will be just seeing what happens and not hard out trying (although secretly i think i will be) as DH is quite stressed at the moment with study so he really wants to just focus on that till May then we will go back to charting and all that jazz! im quite dissapointed but i understand why DH wants to but for me im quite sad about it as ive been wanting babies for such a long time, but its only 2 months!

SO i will be joining you all in here for a few months, good luck to us all!
1st round IVF 7 Eggs, 6 fertilised, 1 transferred with 5 on ice!    

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ChikkyD ChikkyD wrote:

How contraceptive if breastfeeding exactly? My midwife said that your pretty safe up until 6 months.

Depends when you get your periods back i guess??

I was BF DS2 when I feel pg with DS3. He was 7mths & started to self wean & that was when I tested & got a pos pg test. I got my periods back straight away after having all my boys.

We have been in the see what happends for a while now
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 10:28am
Yea, I'm absolutely keeping track of when AF arrives and everything. Even if I wasn't secretly kind of keen on a baby, I'd want to, because with PCOS I'm keen to know if my cycles have got more regular (i.e. I might be ovulating) after having Jacob. If they're not regular, chances are I'm not ovulating, which is a fairly effective birth control

I've got the same issue re work as you did, T_Rex. In my case, I've decided just to go for it. My gut feeling is that we'll need help to have another one, in which case I'll be fine with the one year thing. And I'd rather get UTD early and have to quit than to waste cycles in which I was ovulating (you know, if I am) - I think I'm much more likely to wonder 'what if' down the track in that situation.

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 3:12am
well I guess I should stick my nose in here... Still bfing (at least 3hourly inc overnight ) and no af back yet, we have had more than one oopsie lately so will just stand in the doorway of this thread even tho its not quite the right time for us yet and wait and see what happens

Edited by Emmi_

+1 May 09 Angel
troutpout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutpout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 8:42pm
We're in this camp too

DD is 10 1/2 months, but still a boobie monster and no AF back yet. So we're not stressing about it, what will be will be and all that jazz. Plus DH is super happy because he's getting much more BD than he's had over the last year lol!!

I'm 25, so no massive rush. Will wait and see!
rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 9:36pm
well i guess i will join in here too.
we arnt exactly trying not to get pregnant, though my cycles are so over the place atm that getting pregnant is a hit and miss.

i got a bfp a few weeks ago but the next day it was negitive go figure and have just had af. so im somewhere at beginning of cycles i guess.

DH is actually very keen to have me UTD again, I would love to say this will be our last baby but they were my famous last words last time, I really want to get on with my studies and once i start my studies thats it no more kids as ill be doing bach of midwifery and being such a demanding job i dont want to be doing it while pregnant. though dh will be a SAHD.
i dont really want to be preg til after july as I am enjoying my little bit of freedom since im not bfing or pregnant. i at least want to enjoy my next birthday with out worrying about wether a can have a drink or not which is end of july.
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 10:10am
Rorylex what a lovely big brood you have! Have you decided that you will go in for #5? I love how they are all so close in age, i bet they are fantastic mates. I bet you will make a fabulous MW with so much personal experience!!

Question with BF and TTC, how do you know if your ovulating? Do you have to chart??
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 10:12am
ChikkyD, I have been charting (kinda half arsed as DD still wakes 5+ times a night) mainly cos I wanted to know if I oved before AF. Its the easiest way to tell (imo) unless your one that gets wicked ov pains/spotting etc

+1 May 09 Angel
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Birdie Birdie wrote:

Originally posted by caliandjack caliandjack wrote:

Great idea porterlou this will be us at the end of the year, we're not trying not preventing for #2, accept having a 5 month old baby is proving to be contraceptive enough.

Ha ha C & J I thought the same too but have somehow got UTD again!!! I did not even think we BD that month but have been proven wrong!!!

Aww birdie, yay!! I'm just a little bit jealous

I am in this camp too- no longer charting or checking OV etc, just hoping it happens. Though in saying that, the next 3 months wouldn't be ideal timing for me- I would like a post March baby lol.
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 12:34pm
Emmi is your girl still waking to BF or just waking and needing resettling?? My girl is still waking twice a night for BF, hoping she will drop a feed soon as a lot of the other bubbies in my due in thread are really good sleepers and starting to sleep thru!

Might wait another month or so and then might look into charting just to see if i am OVing or not, doubt i will be! Anyone have a good link on how to chart?

edited for atrocious spelling

Edited by ChikkyD
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 12:41pm
Check out fertility friend they have great little tutorials, but the gist of it is to get a bbt thermometer (2 decimal places), try and take yourt temp the same time each day (but not vital) but after you have had 3 solid hours sleep. once you have 3+ days of a higher temp FF will put lines in for you. the gals in the charting thread are lovely and knowledgable too if you get stuck

waking and only being settled with a bf... dh is leaving the country soon so thought i would try and night wean her once shes adjusted to him being gone... its tough but shes back asleep within 10mins

Edited by Emmi_

+1 May 09 Angel
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 2:44pm
Just lurking in to say this is kind of how i ended up pregnant too..and it was in the first month! I came of depo and couldnt get to the doc til the next month and decided that if a sperm and egg wanted to get together in that time it's ok. And it did! Good luck to you all!
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 6:42pm
Thanks for the advice emmi, will have a look into thermometers when the time is right! It's good your wee girl settles pretty quickly at nights even though she is waking up. How long is your dh leaving the country for??

Bowie you are a super fertile wee thing aren't you
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 6:58pm
You got any questions CD just yell... I like charting
Hes leaving for the next 4 years, joining the US army... DD and I will go too, in Sept for a while if Im not UTD if I am then will only go for a fleeting visit (have my Green card that needs to be used within 6 months from now but cant go over earlier than Sept otherwise I have to re apply

+1 May 09 Angel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 45>