FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMeasuring small on scan or Miscarriage?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Measuring small on scan or Miscarriage?
    Posted: 02 April 2011 at 8:43pm
Hi all, just wanted to see if anyone has been through what I am currently going through, as all the waiting is really messing with my head!
I had an US yesterday at what I thought was 7w1d based on LMP and only measured 5w1d. There was a gestational sac and yolk sac, but no fetal pole.
Since missed miscarriage in June last year (I found out at 12 weeks the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks) my periods were quite irregular varying between 28 and 35 days.
I had bloods yesterday to check bHCG (not done at my initial GP appointment) and will have again on Monday to check if levels are going up (in which case my dates are wrong), staying the same or going down (in which case, another miscarriage).
My pregancy symptoms have been fluctuating (no sore boobs the last 2 days, so was thinking the worst, then today - sore again!) but still tired. I have never had morning sickness, last pregnancy or this one.
Has anyone else been through this torture?? Any words of advice, hope or reality??!!
Sponsored Links

tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 10:24pm
hi went through this in nov and last week, ended up having a vaginal scan i was meant to be 10wks but bubs was 5 1/2. they were goin to wait 4 a week to scan again as i wasnt spottin and hcg wasnt too bad. i ended up in hospital with pain and needed a dnc. fingers crossed 4 u this doesnt happen 4 u
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 11:06pm
Unfortunately I don't have any advice for you, Atiamuri, but just wanted to say I hope its just that the sac is small or your dates are wrong. Big hugs coming your way. The not knowing part is just horrible! I really hope the tests on Monday show your HCG levels going up.
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 8:46am
Hiya, I had something very similar and it ended in MC but there are just as many happy as sad outcomes from women in this situation. I asked the same question in the Preg section if you do a search for Bad Early Scan - there are a lot of positive stories in that thread.

It's so hard waiting, I know how you feel!! Let us know how you get on.

Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 9:32am
Thanks LR, so sorry for your story. I kinda feel like its not going to be good news and just want to go to sleep and wake up when a decision has been made. How do you continue with life while you go through all this!!
I found the thread, there really does seem to be a 50:50 outcome for this situation...Did you have any changes in symptoms while all of this was going on?
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 8:28am
DD was measuring a week behind (6w instead of 7) at our first two scans (had another one a week later) and I knew my dates exactly from charting, and she turned out fine (freaked me out at the time). So I have some hope for you Let us know how you get on

+1 May 09 Angel
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 8:44am
my kids all measured behind dates. I've had one that measured about 2 weeks behind that we lost, and then one that measured two weeks behind that is now a very sturdy 8 month old.

Fingers crossed for you!!

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 8:48am
Update: HCG from Friday was 7000 (which is apparently 3-5 weeks). Will find out todays at lunch. Not hopeful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 9:05am
Good luck today Atiamuri, I really hope the levels have risen for you.

With me we ended up seeing an embryo and heartbeat that was measuring behind at 6wks 3days (should have been around a week further on) and my hCgs were increasing so we figured it was all ok. Then at 10 wks I started bleeding and a scan showed the embryo had stopped growing at about 6wks 5days so just after the last scan. I felt pregnant the whole way through.

Thinking of you today x
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 11:37am
Hi, I had something similar for my first pregnancy too. Was supposed to be 7w and only measured 5, only a sac nothing else. I had a scan because I was bleeding browny pink stuff. My HCG was the level it should be for 5 weeks, not 7.
I naturally M/C the next morning

I hope you get some good news today hun! Thinking of you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 9:45am
How did you get on Atiamuri?
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 9:53am
Not a lot of news yet. Bloods from yesterday were 7200 which is not much of a rise in 2 and a bit days. I have read that once the levels reach 6000 it can take up to 96 hours to double though....still not entirely hopeful. I'm back to the GP today to see what next, I'd say another blood test today and a scan maybe at the end of the week (which will be 1 week after the first one). So blood levels are consistent with the dates on the scan, but not with time since LMP.
Sometimes life gives you arses!
In addition to this, one of our farm worker isn't allowed to work while his application for extension of work visa goes through... hubby can't leave the farm so I'm going solo today...
Will let you know the next plan when I get home...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 10:17am
Good luck, let us know how you go x
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 10:23am
GL Atiamuri xxx

+1 May 09 Angel
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 3:02pm
No news sorry! Bloods again Thurs and scan on Monday unless something happens before... more waiting...
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 5:59pm
Good luck - fingers crossed for you x

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 1:37pm
good luck, so hoping you get a good result.

Angels - March'11, Nov '10, May '10
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 11:43am
I had that happen with my last 2 pregnancies both of which are now healthy babies. I really hope this is the outcome for you, good luck

Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 5:05pm
Thanks for all the support
HCG is up from 7000 last Friday to 8550 on Thursday, so going up but still in the low 'normal' range. Scan tomorrow - I really am on the fence as to the outcome, I'd love to think that its all ok but there's a bit of doubt there. Maybe I'm just preparing myself for failure!
I'll let you all know the outcome...
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 5:15pm
Good luck for the scan, I'll be thinking of you. Hope there's a nice healthy baby in there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>