FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after a M/C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yesnomayb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yesnomayb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TTC after a M/C
    Posted: 14 April 2011 at 2:25pm
Does anyone have any info to share on getting pregnant after a M/C
Things went back to normal quickly for me got AF 25 days later did not ovulate bewteen the M/C and getting first period but have ovd this month it was much more noticeable currently 5 DPO and now staring to freak a little at the thought of getting pregnant and then the thought if i am will i lose it or will it stick?
Sponsored Links

monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 2:40pm
Hey there, SOrry can't offer much help, as I M/Cd but haven't been lucky enough to fall PG since.
I too am really worried about how I will be once I do again, and know I will be a nervous wreck until bubs is born.
So no advice but these feelings are normal xx
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 2:41pm
There's lots of us in this boat, I'm just trying to go with the flow and not get too wound up about it. I am taking baby aspirin which some people think can help prevent another miscarriage. Good luck, hope it happens again for you soon!
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 2:42pm
OH yeah I am doing that too!!! Figured it couldn't do any harm so hey I'm all for it!
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 3:32pm
Thought I'd put my two cents in and say that it took us 3 cycles to fall pg after a m/c... and Bethany is the result :-D So it really can happen! It helped to remind myself that having one m/c didn't mean that I was any more likely to have more. I also had a great mw and she was happy to send me for extra scans. Hang in there, FX that maybe this is your month!! Hugs, I know how hard it is, but all you can do is take it one day at a time (and if you pray, that made a world of difference for me!) xx

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
yesnomayb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yesnomayb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 4:02pm
Yup if it happens it happens i'll try not to worry about it till then :)
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 4:52pm
If you do fall pg again there is nothing to say that you wont carry to full term. As hard as it is, you just have to have faith and be positive. Even my hideous run has been put down to just 'bad luck'. So hang in there, keep on trying and you will get your beautiful baby soon
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 5:00pm
I had 2 mc's before I got a sticky one. And I was terrified during that pregnancy until around 20 weeks when we had the anatomy scan and everything was still good. And even although now I've had a successful pregnancy when I fell pregnant again this time it has been even worse. I've relaxed a little now that my 13 weeks scan is all good, but until then I was a neurotic mess and at every twinge I was convinced that it was all over. But all seems well so I am now letting myself plan a bit and get excited. M/C messes with your head in so many ways. Hope you get your sticky little bean soon and you can enjoy it.

Yeah Babygiraffe. "Bad luck" is what they told me too. It would be better if they knew what the problem was so you knew what to expect next time instead of it being another wait and see. It was awful twice, I can't imagine what it must be like to have it happen even more times.

Edited by thesaff
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 8:20am
I had a m/c at 13 weeks & was told by the hospital not to try for 6mths. I had no intention of trying again at that stage as I was so upset. I did not even keep track of my periods, don't even know why I tested 3mths later but I got a positive result. I had a m/c on the 5/12 & the yr later I had a baby on the 11/12...

Hope things work out for you & you get your BFP soon
Birdie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 9:20am
It took 3 cycles for me to get UTD again after suffering a MC and I was a nervous wreck through the entire pregnancy, but I now have a beautiful healthy wee girl. I am now UTD again with baby #2 (which was a nice surprise) but I had bleeding for 3 weeks from about 7 weeks which I found incredibly stressful. I think after you have a MC you will probably never relax with any pregnancy which is sad as everyone should be allowed to enjoy being pregnant but I guess thats life.

Heres hoping you have a healthy sticky bubba soon
Guest_42457 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_42457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:29pm
I've very recently had a miscarriage at 11 weeks I'm 23 and I just can't believe it has happened . Me and my partner are heartbroken. We wan to try again in Afew months but I'm so very scared of it happening again. I wish there was a way to make sure it wouldn't. Any tip lady's? When should we try again ?
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:45pm
I've just spoken to my naturopath today as I had a miscarriage last week. I'm taking a zinc & a potassium supplement, last time to get pregnant I think I also took vit E and the potassium supplement also had iron in it.

I am unsure if I want to get straight back on the band wagon. Things are only getting back to normal now. My MW said that if I feel ok that there is no reason to try straight away. They used to say 3 months for emotional reasons plus I'm not sure if they're as clued up as some are now days with their cycles.

I think after my miscarriage last time it took me around 6 months to get pregnant again.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
shellgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 12:11pm
So sorry for your loss. Yes, miscarriage takes away the innocent joy of pregnancy. But... most people do have a successful pregnancy after a miscarriage (that is what I held onto). It took us 3 months to conceive again - we followed the 'sperm meets egg plan'- and I didn't really relax until I was holding the wee fellow in my arms. I was super careful during the pregnancy(food, medication etc.) and that helped me a bit because I knew I was doing absolutely everything I could to keep the new wee one going and growing healty.

amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 7:07pm
Just had to post here.

My mum had 1, then a miscarriage - then was told not to get pregnant for a while (she lost the baby at 16 or so weeks), got pregnant the next month I think and had a healthy baby... so I think most of the time it's a random event if only having one ...is it 1 in 10 ends in MC? :( So sad. I know someone who had 2 in a row then went on to have 4 healthy babies...

Even never having a MC I went through the whole pregnancy until about 35 or 36 weeks so so concerned, especially those first 20 weeks. Cause my mum lost one so late... I was happy to not find out I was pregnant until over 7 weeks, as it made that first little bit go faster!
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 8:00pm
It is 1 in 4 or 5 that ends in m/c, although some women never know they are pregnant when they lose the baby.

I got pregnant on the second cycle after m/c, and the first 20 weeks I was a nervous wreck, but luckily it went well.

I don't think there are any 'tricks', or any specific time period to wait (although if you have had a d&c it can take 3 cycles before your uterine lining is nice and thick again).

Good luck with your TTC journey :)
TheBabe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 9:47pm
I had DS1 then multiple mcs ranging from 5 weeks to 14 til we finally got a sticky with DS2. I was under huge amounts of stress and stuff but we just worked at simplifying and detoxing our lives. I had heavy bleeding at 14 weeks with DS2 which was freaky but we made it we've had 2 mcs since, both during periods of high stress so thats the key for us specially as we're going to be TTC #3 soon.

Good luck hun the only advice I have is don't overthink it x
Formerly 'Babe'

Mama to my beautiful, busy boys
Jake     01-07-2007
Tyler     20-02-2010
Orca1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orca1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 6:49pm
I have just had #4 mc. It has taken me six months after each m/c to get pregnant again.   After my #3 I didn't think I could do it again and if I did that I would be a nervous wreck but I was the complete opposite. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us but I do believe that one day it will and even though some days are very hard I do try and stay positive.

Good luck with your journey.
DD born 2008
Oct 2009, April 2010, Dec 2010, June 2011
7 x IVF/ICSI/PGD = BFN
MauMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MauMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 5:43pm
I had four miscarriages before my daughter was born. I think that once the innocence is lost and the illusion is shattered that it does become harder to relax and let the pregnancy progress. But there are so many magical moments that make all the tears and fears worthwhile.

I have since had more miscarriages and lost twins. You cope and heal and grieve. And if you go with your heart you'll find out what you want.

I had a miscarriage earlier this year and it's sort of pushed me back into the baby boat.

Loss happens, but then again, so do miracles.
Crazy Cat Lady + Computer Geek
Mama to Her (Asperger, anxiety)
Big Boy
Tiger Cat
 Post Reply Post Reply