FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby birth announcement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby birth announcement
    Posted: 18 April 2011 at 11:18am
Do you find it hard to take this news with a smile on your face? One of my best friends had her wee girl this morning, I feel like crying. I am so happy for her, she is a gorgeous friend but I feel as flat as a pancake. Why is it so easy for some? I cant help but feel like I'm never going to be a Mum. I'm trying so hard to keep it all together so that I am in a good headspace to try again but man its hard! I feel so angry at the world today. So angry at my body for letting me down. Just want to throw great big trantrum.

I know you are allowed to have a few down days here and there....guess this is one of them. I'll come right I know.
Sponsored Links

didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 1:32pm
So yes to feeling that way BG, I normally do the oh what wonderfull news and hope no one notices the fake smile, gritted teeth and tears welling up. I think every person who has lost a bub or has other infertility issues will feel the same way so we are not alone, although it does feel like it at the time.
I really don't know why it is so easy for some people it really isn't fair and I hate the fact that some days I seceretly hate the people that have it easy.
So I say go ahead and throw that trantrum you deserve it and if it will make you feel just a little bit better then it is all good (although maybe make sure you are alone when you do it ). Hope you feel better soon hun.
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
Orca1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orca1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 2:48pm
Absolutely know where you are coming from.   I have two friends that have started talking about have #3 and I thought to myself I don't know what I will do if they are UTD before me!!!

Its hard and its unfair and some days handling it all is just easier than others.

I hope you feel better soon.
DD born 2008
Oct 2009, April 2010, Dec 2010, June 2011
7 x IVF/ICSI/PGD = BFN
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 2:54pm
I know what you mean as well. I was fine before when I was happily TTCing away but now that I have had a miscarriage it's different. I don't mind the babies being born so much but more when a friend gets pregnant. A friend of mine just told me she is 9 weeks pregnant and they weren't even trying. She then proceeded to tell me how hard it was because she can't go out on the town anymore and now her life is so boring! She knows all about my mc too!

I think Facebook makes it a lot harder as well. I tend to block a lot of people now because I can't handle reading about their pregnancies or babies, especially when they are moaning about it. They don't know how lucky they are!!

Edited by LuckyRed
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 7:49am
Its totally normal to feel that way. It took me 5 years and 3 miscarriages before we had our first sticky baby and in that time my sister in law got pregnant 3 times and had 3 healthy babies. The final straw for me was when my idiot brother managed to get his moron girlfriend pregnant on their first date! I think I cried for about 3 days after that one. I remember feeling like such a failure
Thankfully for us it happened eventually and then we even managed to sneak in a second by accident

tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 1:21pm
totally normal, a young mum had a baby a couple of weeks ago across the road from me and i cried when i saw her hanging baby clothes on the line. i put the fake smile on but finding it hard.

Angels - March'11, Nov '10, May '10
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 9:14pm
huge hugs girls you will get there!
I know I havnt had as rough as you girls, but I really do believe that you dont get thrown anything you cant handle, I guess the universe thinks your amazingly strong (I know I do)
If there is anything I can do,let me know xxx

Edited by Emmi_
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 8:57am
Sometimes I hate the universe Emmi. Haha..!

I went to see her baby last night, she is SOOOOO precious! I could've held her all night, aren't newborn babies so good for the soul.

They asked DH and I to be godparents, she made me cry! I was stoked....so now I have a little girl to spoil while I am waiting to have my own

Thamks for your comments, good to know I am not alone in this. You are right though Emmi, we will get there. Just have to keep on keeping on.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 10:40am
Good on you for going to visit! Thats awesome!
And how amazing they have asked you and your DH to be godparents, what a special gift! You both must be special people to have just a special role x

+1 May 09 Angel
 Post Reply Post Reply