FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2012 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 208>
Author
Brunettie86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brunettie86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:53pm
Congrats to you all in here - my due date is either the 29th of Jan or 2nd Feb so I popped into the Jan thread.

I have been trying not to look at baby gear, it is REALLY tempting - I quite like the look of the natures sway hammocks for something different.
Sponsored Links

GenevieVe1234 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenevieVe1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:07pm
hello xtina, congrats :)

hmmmm I think I would get him a whisky or his favourite drink then tell him, thats how I did it with mine and seemed to work well.

also hi and congrats to brunettie 86, those hammocks look awesome, I cant stop looking at prams. I really want one of those old fashioned silver cross style ones but they look so impractical.
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:10pm
Congrats all, and wow xtina! That's exciting but a bit scary. Good luck with telling your DH...hope it goes ok. I guess you could wait a little if you feel like it? I remember getting negative initially with A so there can be glitches too. Probably fine though - and I'm sure it will all work out great when you've got used to the idea!

Agree that Feb babies are awesome

Edited by Spacette
melopop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melopop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:31pm
Hey all :) Went to the Farmers 50% off kids clothes sale today - got quite excited seeing all the teeny tiny newborn stuff. So sweet! There is no point buying stuff since I have so many hand me downs from my son - although if I find out this little cluster of cells is a girl, I'll be shopping up on the pink stuff
Xtina, congrats on the positive! I can imagine it might be a bit daunting the thought of 2 so close. I'm already wondering how the hell I'll cope with an active toddle and a newborn - but hey, if it doesn't kill you it will only make you stronger, right?! Do you think DP will be pleased - once he gets over his shock?
melopop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melopop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:34pm
I like the look of those hammocks too Brunettie86. My friend has one. her bubs looks so cute and comfy in it - plus it's up so high that no little people can reach up and grab the baby.
red1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:13pm

Congratulations Xtina!!!! Im sure telling your DH will make it easier for you and you wont have to deal with it all by yourself...I bet its a bit to get your head around, but Im sure you will be fine, just think they wil grow up the best of friends!!!

Brunettie86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brunettie86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:03am
Originally posted by melopop melopop wrote:

I like the look of those hammocks too Brunettie86. My friend has one. her bubs looks so cute and comfy in it - plus it's up so high that no little people can reach up and grab the baby.

That is a good point for when we have bubs #2. I had thought that it would be good for a similar reason, we have a cat and a little poodle x maltese dog who love to jump up on things for a better look. They also look so comfy and don't appear to take up much room. Right think I have convinced myself we are getting one, I might keep an eye out for specials!

Edited by Brunettie86
Anna27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:40pm
Congrats all! My Feb 2011 Baby was due 14th born 11th. She is an absolute delight.

I was only having one and now I want more hehe

GL and hope you all have happy pregnancies and healthy bubbas
Squiggle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squiggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 10:22am
Congratulations xtina, that must have been a bit of a shock?!! Very exciting though Have you told your DH yet?

Shopping wise I'm the same as Melopop - I have so much stuff already from when I was pregnant the first time around, that unless this is a little girl, I won't need to buy anything else!

Hope you're all feeling well and have a great weekend. I'm trying to make the most of enjoying eating while I can before the morning sickness starts...which will be next week if it's the same as last time
xtina23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtina23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 10:51am
Yes i have told him now, Very very shocked. Seeing the doctor on monday. Really need to find out how far i am.

He did say last night wouldnt it be good if we could find out whether its a girl or twins now so we could decide.. Sounds like he doesnt want it if its a boy?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenevieVe1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 4:11pm
awww! I was thinking perhaps he doesnt want it if its twins or a girl, so therefore he wants a boy?

My man was very shocked as well, kind of freaked out and was like ahhh we cant do this then first thing the next morning was like " I love you but if its a girl im shoving it back in" lol, which with his sense of humour means he is excited..now he is constantly doting on me. very cute.

I havent been feeling sick yet....

also have doctors on monday let me know how you go xtina.

p.s. thanks Anna
melopop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melopop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 7:20pm
aww xtina - he probably needs a bit of time to get his head around it. How do YOU feel? Do you have much family support? There are lots of positives having them so close together. They will be into similar things, they will hopefully be great mates and play together, and I think while I'm used to being poor and sleep deprived I may as well get it all over and done with! All the best hun!
Cute you're being doted on BBE! I think the whole pregnancy thing is so different for males. It's not hapening to their bodies, therefore it seems to take them much longer to believe it's even happening. My DP isn't the type to get his hopes up and get excited until he is 'sure' everything is O.K. I don't think he really got excited (well really showed it)until the 20 week scan last time. This time he seems more relaxed and has even started talking about names.He told me to go and have a sleep today since I was growing a little person and all
Squiggle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squiggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 8:36pm
My DH took a while to 'adjust' to the idea of me being pregnant...even though both times it has been planned! I'm sure once he has gotten over the shock Xtina he will be really happy. I know for me I would have found being pregnant again when my son was only 4 months old quite mind boggling - but that's mainly because he has reflux and was (and still is) really unsettled at night - even on medication. But like everyone has said, there will be lots of benefits of having them so close together. My friend had a really small age gap between her two kids (accidentally) and they are best of friends - it's so cute! I hope you're feeling ok about it?

I have started a list for us. Brunettie I wasn't sure if you wanted to be included as well?

Melopop - EDD 1st Feb

Buddyblueeyes - EDD 2nd Feb

Brunettie86 - EDD 2nd Feb

Squiggle - EDD 3rd Feb

Xtina - TBA!
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 8:50pm
Thinking of you Xtina. All the best for Mon.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenevieVe1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 9:19am
So.... just spoke to my doctor on the phone and apparently im due on the 27th of January, sigh I will leave this forumn and go introduce myself to the january ladies

Goodluck with the pregnancies, and ill probs have baby in feb anyhow!
Squiggle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squiggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 9:28pm
Oh that's sad you're leaving the Feb group but best wishes for the coming months. I hope you have a great pregnancy this time around, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you
melopop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melopop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 7:38am
Thanks for doing the list Squiggle!
Awww, stink you're leaving us! But woohoo! You get to meet bubs a bit earlier than expected! All the best and pop in to say hi :)
Quite embarrassed to admit I'm wearing maternity jeans today I know it's rediculous, but anything tight on my tummy is making me feel seriously sick. Hope noone notices. I'm going to try and find a midwife early this time. Last time I mucked around and then it was so close to xmas I couldn't find one (DS was born on Christmas day <3 )I just saw a midwife at the hospital eacch week and the midwives on duty at the hospital delivered him. I liked being under the hospital system, but I think I want an independant midwife this time. It's so hard choosing one though!
AngeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:00am
Congrats girls. Can't believe this thread is up already. My boy is 12 weeks. Seems so long ago now that we found out that he was coming. Congrats Xtina, I'm sure DH will be excited whether it's a boy or a girl. He is prob just still trying to process it happening so fast. Once he sees that first pic, it won't matter.
Squiggle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squiggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 9:45am
Thinking of you today Xtina, let us know how it goes at the doctors.

Thanks for your post AngeC
xtina23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtina23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 3:08pm
(Cross posted to Jan thread) Hi Ladies, went and seen the doctor this morning she thought i would be 6 - 7 weeks. She made an appointment at the radiology place and have been to earlier. Currently im 6 weeks 2 days - due date 21st Jan. DP came along as well, tiny wee heartbeat in there. Still dont know whats happening at this stage. He hasnt mentioned anything about getting rid of it though. Will hang around Jan thread
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 208>