FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2012 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 94>
Author
TheBabe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 1:47pm
Congrats May 2012 mummies

Edited by TheBabe
Sponsored Links

BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 4:01pm
hahaha oops for the drinking funny story though! sparkling grape juice anyone?? Its monday here, wish it was still sunday do you find it alot cruisier over there? Do they do the same hours as over here or do you see DH more often? I'm jealous of the weather

Glad I'm not the only one being cranky I'm getting abit better though. I'm starting to get reeeeaaallly hungry all of the time lol DH reckons thats the most noticable thing so far, that and my potbelly I usually have a flat stomach but now? hello pooch! Very Annoying!! I'm also craving fresh fruit and veges so eating salads, drinking smoothies, munching fruit *sigh* atleast its good for me...

Who were you asking about their BFP? If it was me I was approx 12DPO, infact a month exactly from first day of last AF which happened to be a real weird one. Meh I think I'm just reading much into nothing! I need to start enjoying not feeling like crap coz if my last two pregnancies are anything to go by it will hit and it will be nasty LOL!

Edited by BoMama
Megapunkster DOB July 2007
Minipunkster DOB Feb 2010
BabyPunkster DUE May 2012
Making out with the PunkMaster for 4 years and counting <3
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 4:05pm
Where is Miss Sara?? Sara?? Hello??? Hows the bump? Hope you had a good weekend hun xox

Edited by BoMama
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 5:08pm
Hi ladies,

Sorry we just got back from a lovely weekend at the snow! Such great weather and nice to spend some time with my parents! Haha a bit of a contrast to the weather in Raro huh?

Welcome Mumnut and MM82

Well I am going to the nurse at my doctors office tomorrow for a swap (sorry if TMI) but I have been having quite bad CM which is slightly yellow. I had BV quite a while ago and the discharge was quite similar so I just wanted to get it checked out! I am feeling tons better than last week with the cramping so really happy about that! Still feeling quite heavy down there but glad the cramps have stopped YAY!

Thanks for the advise on "car rides and labour" BoMama! Thankfully we live about a minuites car ride from the nearest hospital so fingers crossed I will be at home when it all happens in eight months time haha

So not looking forward to going to work tomorrow! I swear I am getting more nausea by the day

Hope everyone else is well and glad to see we have more due in May ladies
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 7:37pm
Am I the only one not feeling nauseous??? Thats a turn around lol usually I'm one of the first and worst so totally stoked (and kinda nervous)!!

Yay for a lovely weekend away Sara did you manage to keep your big news quiet??

No such thing as TMI on OB we share evvvvverything!!!

Ok so morning sickness tips from an expert (seriously I had hyperemesis with #1 so bad I threw up constantly from 3 weeks til birth - infact the day my waters broke was the only day since week 3 (or 1 week after conception) that I didn't throw up! And it was better but still pretty bad with DS2 ) here we go:

Sip water *constantly* - even if you throw it up its better than stomach acid which is nasty! Plus very little else will work to relieve the morning sickness if you aren't hydrated!

Peppermint tea, peppermint lollies, peppermint candles or smelly stuffs - a definite help with the nausea, I put peppermint essence on a handkerchief and sniffed at it

Make a platter of snacks every morning so you can nibble through the day and its great when you have littlies it means you don't have to be making snacks constantly. Make sure you include protein coz that can be a big help with nausea. Here are some of the snacks I did when preg with #2 and actual what I do for me and the boys now anyway - boiled eggs, hummus and carrot sticks, sweet cottage cheese (blend it up with drained tin fruit - its pretty good), tuna and mayo on rice crackers, celery with peanut butter (and sultana eyes), a nut and seed mixture (especially brazil nuts they're really good for you and baby), sliced cheese (not the processed stuff thats crap I slice a block of cheese), homemade refried black beans w sour cream and avocado, sliced fruit, super dark chocolate, yoghurt... If you're working do the same. Helps to keep your tummy calm!

Don't eat too much bread and little to no fast food or processed food coz thats the fastest way to morning sickness I found

Do a load of washing a day or it'll multiple and turn into this 10 headed monster and haunt your dreams and if you handwash your dishes get DH to help with them after dinner otherwise just make sure he empties it so you can stack stuff straight in there. Being sick with a messy house is horrible.

Ok doke I have dispensed my wisdom and will go none of this may be of any help but it may give you ideas :shrug: hope some of it helps anyway
mumnut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 8:17pm
Glad to hear you had a good weekend away Sara. Did you ski/snowboard? I haven't been boarding since I had kids. I miss it but also can't imagine being cold at the moment.

Bomama I was asking anyone about the BFP as my cycles are irregular and have ranged from 30-36days this year so was just curious to see when people were getting their positive result. I am back in NZ in 3 weeks so am going to try get a early scan to get a more definate date esp since I will be needing to fly back at some point towards the end.

The lifestyle here is much more relaxed (took me a couple of months to adjust). I see DH so much more, he is around in the mornings for bfast time and never was back home. He is usually home by 6 which is awesome.

I have been pretty hungry today and trying not to go over board as with my other two I gained 5-6kg by 12weeks and I really want to avoid that this time. Thing is tho I am sure I am already expanding ARRGGGG. I know it has to happen!!! But come on I am not even 5 weeks yet

Are any of you planning to keep running/exercising through pregnancy? I am a runner so am going to try run for as long as I can. The problem could be the heat tho may have to switch to walking.
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 9:02pm
Oh ok yeah nah I'm super-regular, we weren't actually trying lol we'd put off TTC til end of the year but obviously thats re-adjusted

I also pack it on in the first trimester then nothing for the next 6. I put on almost exactly 11kgs with both boys and DS1 was 9"6, DS2 was 9"2 but he stopped growing at 36wks and I was pre-baby weight and back in my jeans within 48hrs I wasn't able to exercise at all through either pregnancy either lol must have been all the throwing up I'll do pilates with this one as long as I can. I do blogilates on youtube lol its quick, mean and targets all the areas I like to keep toned.

Brrrr I'd love to be warm right now! We've got the fire going constantly and its jackets and hats if we go outside!

Yay for coming home! Will you tell your parents then or wait?
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 10:48pm
Congrats all the may mummies!

Hey Mumnut, "Liv" from here is in Raro as well. She's got 2 girls & a newish baby boy.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 8:43am
Hey Kel whens your scan?

Late-ish night and early morning (DS2 arrived in our bed at 5.30am and every 5 minutes rolled over grabbed my head and cuddled it then plastered kisses all over my face - very cute but not conducive to sleep ) and woke up with a good dose of nausea and a headache and I'm grumpy. Poor babies lol they're not getting the best of mummy today! I got about 6.5hrs sleep so not normally sleep-deprived enough to cause nausea so maybe the onset of MS...

Midwife coming over this afternoon hope it goes well I haven't liked the alot of the midwives I've had in the past.

Have you guys found MWs yet? Renee will you find a MW in Raro? What will your prenatal care look like over there?
mumnut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 10:29am
Hi Kel, I actually know Liv. Thanks tho I am not telling anyone at the moment that i am preggers but will eventually. That is if she doesn't come into this forum

To be honest I haven't even thought about care here but it is all done through one gynaecologist at the hospital. She does everything to do with womens things and pregnancies etc...I will probably contact her once I ahve been back to NZ. Am using the same MW i had for my second.
Feeling ok today had a good sleep, still feel tired but nothing much else.
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 10:48am
Hahaha if shes anything like the other noseyparkers on OB it won't be a secret from her for long
mumnut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 11:05am
Oh dear that could be a problem just hope that she wouldn't tell anyone.

Are you still feeling Nauseas BoMama. I just had the biggest lunch was super hungry... haha not a good sign for wanting to not gain lots of weight.
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 11:24am
Uhm not so much nauseous as headachey and abit off-colour now. maybe I have a bug

Lol at the big lunch! I need to get lunch for the boys soon but so.tired. its getting to the point I think I might have to call DH home noooot goooood.... do you put much weight on during the rest of your pregnancies??
mumnut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 1:23pm
thats no good so hard to get motivated to moved when you feel like rubbish. I put on average amount I think it was around 12.5kg with #1 and around 15kg with #2.

Hope you are feeling better
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 1:50pm
Whow the tiredness is kicking in. It’s only 2pm and I feel like an afternoon nap! Oh well only 2.5 hours left of work for the day YAY!

Mumnut – I didn’t go skiing, but DH did! He used to a really big skier and hasn’t gone to the mountain in about five years, but he put on his ski’s and said it was like riding a bike. He spent the whole day up there and thoroughly enjoyed it. We are thinking of heading up there again in a couple of weeks with DH’s parents! It so awesome there, even though I didn’t get to ski, my Dad and I went on some awesome walks and it was just really nice to have some quality time with my parents.

So my parents know I am UTD. They weren’t meant to know but it was a bit of an accident! Is anyone ready for a super long story?
Well I took some photos of one of our walks and we were sitting down enjoying a drink before dinner (me a non alcoholic drink of course). Mum asked to look at the photos so I handed her my camera. She was flicking through the photos and came across one of a pregnancy test (I took it as a momento for a journal I am keeping of my first ever pregnancy - a little geeky I know) and I completely forgot to erase it from my camera. Well Mum was like “whose pregnancy test is this” and I just burst into tears. I was more nervous of my Dad’s reaction as about ten minutes earlier he joked that I couldn’t get pregnant until we had done the Routeburn track down south (we did the Milford track in January and now Dad is obsessed with doing more lol) But anyway long story short they were over the moon and so happy! I have sworn my Mum to secrecy so she better stick to it!

Oh BoMama I hope you aren’t getting sick! Fingers crossed it’s just your little seed causing the sickness!

Gee you ladies really didn’t put on much weight at all with your babies. My sister put on 30 plus kg’s! I think it’s because she ate whatever and whenever. I really want to try and be good! I just figure the better I eat and the more I exercise the better I will feel….well fingers crossed lol
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 2:42pm
Damn thought I posted but it didn't.

Look into acupunture for nausea & chinese herbs. It's done me no end of wonders. I can actually function quite normally.

Bomama, my scan isn't til the 23rd sept as they're working off dates 5 days behind what my MW said to work off.

mumnut, you'll know then the experiences Liv had with the maternity system over there! Hopefully at some point we'll be over to Raro & we're going to visit Liv as well. Could do a Raro OB meet up LMAO
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
mumnut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 6:04pm
haha that would be really nice. Yep the system here is unfortunately not flash if you are not having a good pregnancy. That is why I will come back to have the baby, not ideal but no point taking the risk.

Missara that is a pretty funny way of them finding out...kind of cool actually. Hopefully your mum isn't too excited that it slips. We told our immediate family straight away but this time feel like keeping it private for some reason! Would be quite cool to go home at christmas with a bump but not sure I can do it...I like to talk you see!!

I am feeling surprisingly good but for me I think it all hits around seven weeks anyway. Almost feel like I should take another test to be sure.
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 6:24pm
Haha Mumnit I took another test this morning just to make sure. It came up super fast and super dark so I am now 100 percent positive that I am pregnant!

Oh that would be cool to surprise everyone with a bump! I like to talk also so I understand how hard it is to keep it quiet! I just phoned my sister in Brisbane and told her! I kind of had to...she phoned me as soon as she found out to share their excitment so I felt I should do the same She was so happy and excited that my nephew will have a cousin...and she kind of wants to start trying for another too....exciting!
BoMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:40pm
Hahahaha yep Renee me too - I talk! My parents will be staying for us for a week in a fortnight and I'm totally not sure if they'll leave knowing or not lol we talk about baby like its already part of the family so might let it slip accidentle-like. I hope not though, we're also the same with wanting to get it a secret for while longer.

LOL awww Sara what a lovely way to tell your parents even if it wasn't planned!! You should go put that in the 'how did you announce it' thread over in pregnancy I'm really glad they were stoked for you and FX your mum keeps it zipped

So my midwife came today and shes a doll She stayed for 3 hours lol and we talked about all sorts of things then DH got home from work and I thought he was early but nope we'd just lost track of time haha She immediately made some calls about the toxoplasmia lesion in my eye and they're running tests to ensure its not an active virus, she thought eating variety and being sensible about when and where to follow the current pregnant eating guidelines was great, she took my first lot of bloods - the boys bumped me and I moved as she put it in so I lost abit more blood than required which ofcourse sent my body into alert coz its pretty sensitive and my BP dropped and I was fully struggling not to pass out in case I scared the boys but in hindsight they're use to be fainting so they probably would have been fine hahaha but now my arm is a tad swollen and sore! Uhm and yeah she ran me through some stuff so I feel pretty great about everything!! Now just want to see my HCG levels and reassure myself baby is viable and all is good
mumnut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 10:31am
Thats is great that you really like your MW. So I am guessing she is a different one to the one you had last time?
Regarding not telling family I have my sister here visiting this week so it could also be hard for me not to let it slip and then we are home in September for a visit...another chance for oops. If I can get through those I thnk I should be good to hold off to Christmas.

Sara funny that you took another test. I am so tempted to go get another as I am feeling pretty good today very unpregnant. Pretty weird to want to feel slightly off to feel more relaxed...AH the joys of pregnancy.

Do any of you ladies Journal your pregnancies? I am so not the type to but I did get a journal with my first two. Very very basic just how are you feeling this week type stuff! Since I did it with the first two I guess I better do it for this one too. It is quite fun to look back over too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 94>