FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2012 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91929394>
Author
LuckyMum2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyMum2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 12:35pm
I just scraped into the May Babies group thanks to the intervention of a great obstetrician.

She was 10 days late and arrived by C-Sect after a failed induction & 36hrs of laboring!

We've named her Elle.

Question....hoping someone can give me some advice here (first time Mum). Is two weeks too young to move to her own room?
She squeaks & snorts & farts & makes so much noise while sleeping, plus with the waking for feeding & resettling, Daddy has moved out to the spare room a few times. Surely if we put a monitor in her room ( possibly one of those video feed ones) that would be ok?

Any thoughts for or against would be warmly appreciated!
If it was totally up to me, I'd move her into my bed so I could cuddle her all night & let Daddy move to the spare room!!! (it's ok, we don't co sleep & understand the risks it presents...was just joking!).
Sponsored Links

Alexisj15 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexisj15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 3:14pm
Elena - most of us use the facebook page now if you are interested in joining?! Small world haha

LuckyMum2b - No advise of moving baby into her own room as Mckenna is still in our room at 6 weeks old and I dont see her moving anytime soon. Some people start their babies off in their own room from the start!
MammieB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MammieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 10:47pm
**lurker** LuckyMum2B - my baby slept in her own room from day 1 at home (2 days old) She is a VERY restless sleeper, and I would NEVER sleep if she slept in my room. Her room was right across from ours, so we didnt even bother with a monitor. I felt comfortable enough to have her in her own room as I knew I would wake at the smallest sound if need be - but it is completely up to you as to how you feel, no right or wrong choice her.

(co-sleeping is nice for cuddles sometimes, and we still do it every now and then - more as a treat for me than for her)

Enjoy your little one

Tyrbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 5:35pm
Congratulations luckymama2be, I had DS in his room from when we got him home. Had a monitor so always heard him. Little ones can be so noisy!   Bed cuddles are lovely but I never sleep well when the kids are in there.

Leap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 6:58pm
luckymama2be our little girl has been in her own room next door to ours since we got home from the hospital and she's nearly 6 weeks old now. I cam hear her without a monitor but we do have an angel care monitor on her bed which monitors her breathing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyMum2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 8:32pm
Thanks for your thoughts ladies.

MammieB - we love the co-sleep cuddles too, special bonding time for Mums.

Leap - do the angel care monitors also provide an ear in the nursery? So you can use it for both movement & sound monitoring?

Glad to hear others have moved babes to their own rooms early too, all of my friends have been at least 12 wks, some io to 5 months before moving to their own rooms.

Mandie_Pandie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mandie_Pandie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:54pm
Hi LuckyMym2B! My little one is 5 weeks and he is in our room, my daughter moved to her own room when she was 6 weeks old and my first born was in my room till he was about 7 months. Just do what you are comfortable with! You should join our group on Facebook, no one seems to post on here anymore =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyMum2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 3:07pm
Hi Mandie_Pandie, what is the Facebook group name?
(I.e how do I find you?)
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 12:35pm
poor wee neglected thread... good to see a few posts in here!

congrats on your wee girls Mini & Luckymum2b how did you go with sorting out your sleeping arrangements LM2B? i will PM you about the facebook group now.
firsttimemum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firsttimemum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 10:51pm
hey ladies its been a long time since I have been on here how is everyone going? hope all the May babies are doing well :)
firsttimemum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firsttimemum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 10:56pm
I would love to join the facebook group if possible? :)
Alexisj15 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexisj15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 9:45am
first time mum...if you havent already joined just add me Alexis Hargreaves and let me know your ohbaby user name and ill add you
Melly32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melly32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 8:47am
Hello everyone. Its been so long since I have been on. Mandie-pandie or anyone else. Can you let me know fb details too. Would love to join.
Allyse1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allyse1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 4:40pm
Hey Melly32 add me on FB and ill add you to the group :) Im under Allyse Louise
JustineH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustineH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 7:46am
Hi everyone, My baby boy was born on May 2nd and i would love to join your facebook page. Is anyone able to tell me how to join? Thanks :)
Melly32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melly32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 2:55pm
Thanks Allyse1991, i'll do today. JustineH, i'm sure you can do the same :) congrats on your bubba, my little boy was born on the 9th of May. Hope to see you on there
Allyse1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allyse1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:00pm
Hi JustineH, yep add me - Allyse Louise on facebook and ill add you to the group :)
aimeelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2012 at 12:25am
Hi, I've just joined this website but would love to join the FB group for the other May mums if that's ok? My little girl Amelia was born 25th May :)
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 10:24am
Hey Aimeelee - not sure if any one has let you know how to join the group yet, will send you a PM
mrsC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 2:27pm
kia ora mummas! newbie here! i see you're all on FB so i shall see you there. my baby girl was born on May 22nd, three days before my bday! sorry for the grammar i am typing with one hsnd and rocking baby with the other hehe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91929394>