FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 171>
Author
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:43pm
I was just saying to DH that at the max we will have a bub here in 3 weeks that's 10days til due date plus overdue days. It's scary but really exciting, talking about it makes me feel all teary.

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
Sponsored Links

KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:58pm
it is hard to beleive that these could be the last days/weeks of only have DD to look after. a bit scared of juggling the two kids.

Have been quite crampy today, was worse this morning and i notice it more when i sit down.

hope everyone is doing ok and cant wait to here more baby news
Proud Mum of Ella 3yrs and Noah 20months
capelbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capelbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:20pm
You'll all be fine with two, honestly the jump from one to two is nowhere near the shock to the system that none to one is. I'm hoping the same can be said for going from three to four. Was supposed to have a midwife appointment but she's got a lady in labour (for the second Tuesday in a row) so is coming to see me at home on Thursday instead, I'd best have a tidy up...
Mummy to 2 boys, 1 girl and now a very small bump!
newbie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:38pm
3 days teaching to go!!!!!!!!!

I have so much to organise! Friggin flatmate still in baby's (and my) room. We've told him to be out by this weekend. I'll be full-term and am NOT going into labour with the flatmate still about.

Feel really good about having more time with DS1. His daycare is really average. Will keep him in 2 days a week - on the days when his fav staff are in charge of him.

Kelz - do you feel ready for your little boy? Kinda exciting if the cramps are same as with Ella and it's all on soon.

Capelbach - so good to hear that from 1 to 2 kids is less adjustment than from none to one. Very excited to get to know the similarities/differences between my 2 boys. DS1 is such a sweet boy, I keep fearing that DS2 will be a bully!
MissJen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissJen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:10pm
Im freaking out about having two aswell. Im worried because I feel DS has gotten so much more energetic and excitable lately but could just be me being more tired and grumpy

MummyM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:47pm
It is getting down to the wire for lots of us. I went to my MW appt today only to find my blood pressure has shot up and got admitted to hospital :( I only finished work on Friday and have been looking forward to having a few weeks off before the baby arrives. If it turns out I have pre eclampsia then I might get induced this weekend. I'm hoping my blood pressure goes down and I get to go home tomorrow and have more time at home before baby arrives.
ooligator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:59pm
I'd agree (so far, with my limited 1 week of having Niamh at home! LOL) that the move from 1 child to 2 children is much easier than the shift from none to 1. That was a total "what the heck is going on" thing for me (going from none to 1). This time, it's coming back, I'm more relaxed about baby stuff, etc. Still knackering and very tired, which is hard when you've got a 3 year old who doesn't nap in the daytime, and needs to be kept amused.

It is a bit of a juggling act, as at the moment it feels like I'm constantly feeding, topping up, or pumping for Niamh, so DD1 is missing out, but she gets a good 1.5-2 hours usually between the start of one feed to the start of the next.

There have been moments of a disgruntled 3 year old, for having to wait and not having my attention 24/7, but she keeps saying she loves Niamh, and is trying to help with things as much as possible, so I think she'll adjust.

The most "nerve wracking" thing I've done so far, was my first trip out in the car (first drive post c-sect) with both of them on my own yesterday to go to the hospital to get Niamh's tongue tie snipped. Wasn't as hectic as the first trip out on my own with DD1 though, that felt like it took military precision to organise and make sure I had everything I thought I may need LOL This time it was "got nappy bag, got baby buckled in capsule, got older child and her bag?, that's it!"

MrsLissy, hope it's not pre-e and you end up induced!!
Me 38
DH 39
DD1 - 3 years, born prem at 30 weeks after 5 years TTC
DD2 - born prem at 33 weeks
Black_Friday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 9:51pm
Eeek - with you all on the ticker watch (think it might have my "old" date though....). Still finishing moving the last of the stuff from the old house to the new and have made a start on cleaning the old house.

I just hope I actually get a chance to unpack some stuff and pack labour bag before new baby shows up.... MW says only need me, boobs and a bottle of water (for me in labour) and not to worry about the bag .

Doesn't feel real yet - this was meant to be my two weeks toddler free to relax and think/organise for second baby and has ended up being frantic panic of moving house (new house feels way more comfy and home like than the last one though). Have to keep retrieving the cats from the old house since it is only about 400m away....

Angel Baby Jan 2010
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:21am
Morning all

Hope everyone is well

Mrslissy - hope u get to go home soon and its not pre e.

Sar - yay for almost finished work and soon having more time with DS, he will love it. Hopefully your flatmate gets a move on soon.
am excited about wanting to meet baby, but DD not sleeping the best and im scared of how tired i will b having two kids awake at silly hours, dh only responds to her when he is getting up in the morning. DH is driving me nuts in a few ways lately.

k8iestar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k8iestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:52am
A waiting game here too! Stupid cold that arrived makes it painful to cough with a big belly!
Had horrible nightmares about this truck nearly running me over and I was on the ground banging on the side of it screaming "I'm pregnant, don't kill me!" luckily the driver saw me and I managed to scramble away! Weird.

I am soooo lucky by the sounds of others as I only get up once, twice maybe to pee in the night! Reminds me, who's been doing their pelvic floor exercises!

Edited by k8iestar
capelbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capelbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:44am
Hope the blood pressure comes down and it's not pre-e misslissy. It is nice to have some pre-baby time once you've finished work, make the most of just being able to nip to the shops or go to the loo without an audience.
Feeling the need to nest right now, although, obviously not so much that I'm not on here lol.
Two weeks today to due date! Can't believe how fast it's come round.
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 11:47am
I'm down to single digits! Over waiting though, I have done the last of my spring cleaning today and can't be bothered doing the daily chores but know I need too.

I'm ready now baby

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 4:57pm
3 to 4 is a piece of cake Capelbach, at least it was for me. Lil miss just had to fit in with the rest of us

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
MummyM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:09pm
Good news I've been let out of hospital and they think the high blood pressure is hypertension not pre-e which is such a relief. I do have to get my blood pressure checked daily by my midwife or GP bt I'm just glad to be home and not getting ready to be induced :).
white_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 1:44pm
Wow - yours mustn't have been too bad! I went into hospital on Thurs with high BP and they only just let me out on Tues! SO freakin frustrating. Am off to the MW soon to get it checked, hoping that the meds and change in diet will do the trick. Lots of potassium (seven to nine servings of fruit and veg a day), low-fat dairy and wholegrains, and of course cutting right back on sodium is beneficial for combatting high blood-pressure.
tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 1:50pm
Cooper Ross Woodrow -
arrived 18th May at 9.47am weighing 4860g or 10lb 11oz - 3 weeks early exactly.

Had scan on the thurs and since bubs wasnt moving much ob kept me hospital and brought c section 4ward to 22nd may. had show fri 2.30am and waters broke at 5.45am. all happened so fast - rushed to theatre and Cooper was born under general. The theatre staff thought he would be closer to 12pound. I lost 2l of blood so wasnt in good shape. Ended up having 2 units of blood on saturday as i fainted after taking 2 steps. What an improvement after that.
Cooper was in neo natal as sugar levels were low for 2 days, only prob he was feeding 50ml a feed and when i got him back i didnt have enough milk so have been topping him up. We came home on the 22nd to a relieved big brother. Ds1 was all over him and just adores having him. He has played up a bit with not listening etc mainly to see if rules are the same especially as i was in hospital 4 over a wk on and off.
Gave him a fright seeing cooper and mummy hooked up to machines, but has coped really well.

Hope everyone else is doing well, glad your scan was all good Ajay.

Angels - March'11, Nov '10, May '10
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 3:19pm
hey tiger.roo great to read what happened for you and cooper. glad all is going ok and DS1 adores his wee brother. Love the photo on FB he is so cute i just wanna have snuggles.

just been to farmers thinking i would by some stuff for bubs but only came out with 1 thing for new bubs and 4 things for DD lol.

i have instructed bubbs to stay put for the next 3 days as midwife heads away for the weekend tomorro, i hope he listens and as of monday i will b sending him a eviction notice lol.
Herewegoagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herewegoagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:51pm
Congratulations Tigger,roo on the arrival of Cooper

+ My big school boy (6)
capelbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capelbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 5:18pm
Snap kelz, my midwife is not on call all weekend, so I'm sure that things are going to happen. Just going to take it easy and keep my legs crossed I think!
hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 7:00pm
Seems like a lot of our midwives are away or off this weekend cause mine is too. I would be gutted not to have mine with me as she is so supportive of me having a vbac as she has been through it herself. Lets all keep our legs crossed!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 171>